[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
I don't wanna give up the hooves, auto igniting everything around me as a walk is too fun also the increase movement speed is nice. There must be a way cage is expensive I only got 3 ex for which which I'm gonna buy a belt with. How do you guys have so much life? Is my gear really that suckish? Cheers again gentlemen.

Fact of the matter is that sometimes you have to change gear and gem setups for bosses.

You have pretty crappy life coming from your helmet and boots; the helmet you have limited control over (maybe consider if a master craft of +Strength is possible and worthwhile), whereas the boots issue is by your choice. It's costing you a few hundred life, at least. You can get better movement speed from rare boots, too. You're also not getting any resists from it; are you maxed out, preferably overcapped, in merciless with your gear?

Your eye's implicit is also pretty crap; probably worth it to blessed orb it to a higher bonus so you get a little more strength and therefore life (and dex).

Further, you have two Added Fire gems in your chest, and those don't stack with each other. If you want to keep those colors, use Iron Will for damage or Life Leech if you are having trouble leeching enough somehow (you shouldn't).

You could also consider dropping the burn/fire nodes at the top of the tree and go for Barbarism, instead (that's +20 Strength, +14% max life, +1% max fire resistance, and some extra resistances). How much life do you currently have?
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jan 3, 2017, 6:30:19 PM
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
I don't wanna give up the hooves, auto igniting everything around me as a walk is too fun also the increase movement speed is nice. There must be a way cage is expensive I only got 3 ex for which which I'm gonna buy a belt with. How do you guys have so much life? Is my gear really that suckish? Cheers again gentlemen.

Fact of the matter is that sometimes you have to change gear and gem setups for bosses.

You have pretty crappy life coming from your helmet and boots; the helmet you have limited control over (maybe consider if a master craft of +Strength is possible and worthwhile), whereas the boots issue is by your choice. It's costing you a few hundred life, at least. You can get better movement speed from rare boots, too. You're also not getting any resists from it; are you maxed out, preferably overcapped, in merciless with your gear?

Your eye's implicit is also pretty crap; probably worth it to blessed orb it to a higher bonus so you get a little more strength and therefore life (and dex).

Further, you have two Added Fire gems in your chest, and those don't stack with each other. If you want to keep those colors, use Iron Will for damage or Life Leech if you are having trouble leeching enough somehow (you shouldn't).

You could also consider dropping the burn/fire nodes at the top of the tree and go for Barbarism, instead (that's +20 Strength, +14% max life, +1% max fire resistance, and some extra resistances). How much life do you currently have?

At the moment I only have 6.6k Life with belly. I know it's not that high. And yes My resists are over capped.
I think I've fixed up my skills a bit and I 6 linked my belly and got the correct colors, 300 chromas and 450 fuses :). What should I work on next feel like my boss killing is super slow right now.
What bothers me with Abberath's Hooves is the fact that you have to keep moving to trigger Fury, thus eliminating valuable damage mitigation from Arctic Armour (which can only work its magic while being static). This is probably worse even than losing 400-ish HP from my regular boots. Not to mention the loss of an entire CWDT setup.
"
TamotsuSan wrote:
What should I work on next feel like my boss killing is super slow right now.

Swap AoE and CtI for PtL and CE for boss fights. Shock = 50% increased damage.
Whilest reading (more like quickly-looking-through) thread, ive seen a couple of times phrase "with this you dont need a AoF". Can i have TL;DR rundowns of what i need to skip AoF?

Spoiler
Maybe even put it in FAQ section...
"
TimeDilation wrote:
Ball Lightning/Shock nova question:

Which if either to use depends on which situation with mobs you see happening the most, which can depend a lot on the layouts of the maps you're running or the boss you're fighting. Ball lightning moves fairly slowly along a line and periodically hits anything near it. Shock nova will hit everything within a certain radius of you, and if they're in the sweet spot they'll get hit twice.

I tend to find it useful to use spells that can handle physical obstructions and mobs coming up behind me. My personal preference, as such, is to always use arc in the low level CWDT: it's up to 5 hits (and you only need two mobs to be alive to get that), moves in any direction, and can end up arcing around obstacles to hit things you otherwise can't (through a door to a mob you can't otherwise hit, then chains further into that room, say); and as a bonus it's very quick (all of the hits occur nearly instantly and simultaneously) and non-laggy--and non-laggy can be a pretty big boon since the low level CWDT spells are going to be the primary cause of any lag we generate (sadly, fire storm is probably the biggest lag culprit, but also one of the best spells to use). But if you're seeing a *lot* of mobs approximately in lines or circling the wagons around you, then ball and nova respectively are going to be very effective at generating hits and ignites. If you're seeing lots of mobs escape destruction and ignition because they're behind rocks/doors/etc. or the mob packs are just a little too separated, then try arc.

Would DPS be affected drastically? Swapping to arc sounds really fun and the no lag sounds awesome. What spell gems would you swap with arc? all of them? Or maybe just 1 or 2?
"
Is my gear really that suckish?

Your gear isn't exactly "suckish" (OK, the helmet maybe ;) but you do need to re-colour your Belly, 3xR is useless, you want at least 3xB for SE + AoE + CtI. If you get 2xG it's not the end of the world either, Culling Strike is a perfectly fine addition to the setup.

You got WED crafted on your sceptre??? This mod is entirely useless as it only applies to attacks, not to spells. Get rid of it and craft Increased Spell Damage instead.

You have taken 2 x 30 DEX in the tree, these two passives are much better invested elsewhere (i.e. max Life). Ah but you can't use level 20 BV then? So effin' what? Use a lower level BV gem then (20q for AoE is more important), we do not kill with BV, we only need hits/ignites, damage does not matter. All the damage we need comes from our sceptre!

You're lucky to have "Adds Fire Damage to Spells" on your sceptre, that's another passive skill saved right there. Refund AoF and invest in more max Life. (That Atziri Flask in your belt only makes sense without AoF)

And Aberoth's Hoves? Well, you've probably read my thoughts on the subject further up.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 3, 2017, 8:00:18 PM
"
Kshatry wrote:
Can i have TL;DR rundowns of what i need to skip AoF?

All you need to "skip AoF" is a source of Fire Damage added to Spells, this can be the scepter (Adds Fire Damage to Spells), the Unique jewel Mantra of Flames or Anger aura.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 3, 2017, 8:06:59 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Is my gear really that suckish?

Your gear isn't exactly "suckish" (OK, the helmet maybe ;) but you do need to re-colour your Belly, 3xR is useless, you want at least 3xB for SE + AoE + CtI. If you get 2xG it's not the end of the world either, Culling Strike is a perfectly fine addition to the setup.

You got WED crafted on your sceptre??? This mod is entirely useless as it only applies to attacks, not to spells. Get rid of it and craft Increased Spell Damage instead.

You have taken 2 x 30 DEX in the tree, these two passives are much better invested elsewhere (i.e. max Life). Ah but you can't use level 20 BV then? So effin' what? Use a lower level BV gem then (20q for AoE is more important), we do not kill with BV, we only need hits/ignites, damage does not matter. All the damage we need comes from our sceptre!

You're lucky to have "Adds Fire Damage to Spells" on your sceptre, that's another passive skill saved right there. Refund AoF and invest in more max Life. (That Atziri Flask in your belt only makes sense without AoF)

And Aberoth's Hoves? Well, you've probably read my thoughts on the subject further up.

Alright changed some stuff, my HP is at 7.5k HP. Can you check if everything is in place or what else i need to change?
Last edited by AdventAngel153 on Jan 3, 2017, 8:11:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info