[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

The high lvl CWDT setup will be triggered by what constitutes a "savage hit" which grants 100% of damage leeched as life... in other words, the linked spells will fill up the bowl immediately after a big hit.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 13, 2016, 4:37:12 PM
First of all I want to thank you all for keeping the discussion alive and for helping out our new build adaptors with their questions! I really meant it!

I have looked through the text and agree with most of it and think that many ideas are very good. I tested incinerated cast when channeling with fireball, didn't work well. The incinerate did more than the fireballs. Not good single target and slower aoe clear than blade vortex. Also tried with firestorm, same effects + more lag.

Also tried manual firestorm, mostly laggy with reduction in clear speed. Tried spark, just overall lowers my clear speed by a lot. On top of it, its a lag party.

Fastest clear speed is still dual moku's embrace rings with active blade vortex setup with chance to ignite. Taming does better on high res mobs.

One thing I need to clear up is that the CWDT setup in the helmet is for igniting enemies as much as possible, so the CWDT needs to be lvl 1. The more u increase the lvl, the worse it gets, please don't do that.

Now, the lvl in the gloves is lvled up to instant heal us up to full life when we are unfortunate enough that our fire burst didn't activate. I am using subaptimal phys spells there because I want to be able to switch to bloodrage+vaal haste+increased duration for very good clear speed when I want.

Secondary CWDT in the gloves is to curse and ignite even more, the bieffect of hitting targets is that flame burst activates more as well.

Two identical active spells linked to CWDT will share the same cooldown, that is can't activate more than every two 0.25 secs. So if you for eg. have two bladefalls, and one activated 0.15 secs ago, next can't activate for another 0.1 secs.

IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Dec 13, 2016, 4:49:07 PM
"
ChrispieD wrote:
First of all I want to thank you all for keeping the discussion alive and for helping out our new build adaptors with their questions! I really meant it!

I have looked through the text and agree with most of it and think that many ideas are very good. I tested incinerated cast when channeling with fireball, didn't work well. The incinerate did more than the fireballs. Not good single target and slower aoe clear than blade vortex. Also tried with firestorm, same effects + more lag.

Also tried manual firestorm, mostly laggy with reduction in clear speed. Tried spark, just overall lowers my clear speed by a lot. On top of it, its a lag party.

Fastest clear speed is still dual moku's embrace rings with active blade vortex setup with chance to ignite. Taming does better on high res mobs.

One thing I need to clear up is that the CWDT setup in the helmet is for igniting enemies as much as possible, so the CWDT needs to be lvl 1. The more u increase the lvl, the worse it gets, please don't do that.

Now, the lvl in the gloves is lvled up to instant heal us up to full life when we are unfortunate enough that our fire burst didn't activate. I am using subaptimal phys spells there because I want to be able to switch to bloodrage+vaal haste+increased duration for very good clear speed when I want.

Secondary CWDT in the gloves is to curse and ignite even more, the bieffect of hitting targets is that flame burst activates more as well.

Two identical active spells linked to CWDT will share the same cooldown, that is can't activate more than every two 0.25 secs. So if you for eg. have two bladefalls, and one activated 0.15 secs ago, next can't activate for another 0.1 secs.

The helm having low level spells is countered by ignite requiring a minimum percentage of the mob's health being done to it to actually inflict the ignite; you can have 100% chance to ignite and it won't matter with hits that are far too weak. Low level spells will pretty much never do that against champions and bosses, and might even have issues with generic mooks in high tier maps. Not to mention two of your three spells are non-fire, so you're losing half of their damage, making ignites with them even less likely.

I'll have to play around with BV. I've been entirely satisfied with Incinerate+Fireball+GMP for both group and single target clear speed (ridiculously so when the mob conveniently places itself near an obstruction, like the Quay boss, as every form melts in seconds), but since you say you've tried it and think it's a weaker performer I'm more encouraged to break out of my comfort zone.
Oh, man, BV makes the worst noise ever, especially when you're wearing headphones. It's like permanent tinnitus, or like my ears are full of bees. Maybe that was part of the balancing phase: "This looks like maybe it'll be the next meta build. How can we balance it a bit? Oh, I know, make it sound really, really annoying!" I'm actually not that impressed so far, but I'll give it a few more whirls.
To be honest, whatever gems we have in our chest doesn't matter one iota in the grand scheme of things. As I said, we can clear maps with Kaom's Heart just fine (it actually trivializes reflect maps). The chest setup is our playground if you will, just adding a bit of fun to the show and increasing the clear speed.

Anything is fine really as long as it generates hits and ignites and grants some leech. BV probably does this best at close range. I enjoy the sparks because they light up the whole screen instantly. It all boils down to personal preferences but you can't "wreck" this build by making wrong choices with respect to the gem setup in your chest... no matter how hard you try. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 14, 2016, 7:30:41 AM
"
TimeDilation wrote:
The helm having low level spells is countered by ignite requiring a minimum percentage of the mob's health being done to it to actually inflict the ignite

I doubt that... any hit with fire skills - no matter how little the damage - has the chance to ignite and unlike Shock, Chill, and Freeze not even the duration depends on the amount of damage dealt.
"
ChrispieD wrote:

hey chrispie, if i didnt want to switch out to vaal haste/inc dura/blood rage what would be the MOST optimal gems in there and what level. thanks. this is a really fun build.
Level 18 CWDT supports anything up to level 19 (must not exceed lvl 68 character level requirement).

If you don't care for VH/BR/ID the most most damage you'd obviously get from Fire spells with the high-level CWDT setup since anything else is cut down in half because of Avatar... stuff like Magma Orb, Flame Surge, Firestorm (replace low-level Firestorm in helmet with Ice Nova).
Last edited by tomay on Dec 14, 2016, 11:40:06 AM
"
ChrispieD wrote:
Tried spark, just overall lowers my clear speed by a lot. On top of it, its a lag party.

Yeah, clear speed is slower than BV... as it is the case with any setup that requires frequent stops to cast but then you miss less mobs because the poor ignited sods are are very easy to spot. ;)

"
ChrispieD wrote:
On top of it, its a lag party.

This I can't confirm and I certainly don't have a powerhouse of a PC... I get a lot more lags from Vortex (sans Blade!) which I occasionally throw in for Flammability in Hexproof maps.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 14, 2016, 12:21:51 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
ChrispieD wrote:
On top of it, its a lag party.

This I can't confirm and I certainly don't have a powerhouse of a PC... I get a lot more lags from Vortex (sans Blade!) which I occasionally throw in for Flammability in Hexproof maps.

Yeah, I currently have a Vortex in one of my CWDT setups, in part because I'm too lazy to get different low level gems, so I use whatever I've found and decided to keep (after all these times I've run out of space and discarded stuff); and also I'm too lazy to fiddle with the colors of my current sockets. It's pretty laggy, and I have no idea if it's particularly effective. With the eye you end up leaving something of a trail of them as you go around.

Spark has also been laggy for me, though. Though in a build that's all "let's trigger 7 spells at a time", I'm not sure what room for complains one should really allow for lag. That said, I also have Spark in one of my CWDTs I think...again because of laziness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info