[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

@Zirocnis

In addition to what has been suggested by TimeDilation, refund the the two passives above Avatar (you don't need the 5% extra Ignite chance) and invest in more Life.

And seeing that you have The Taming and your chest has the right colours, try the combo I have mentioned in a previous post (Spark + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Pierce + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Chance to Ignite), ignite galore guaranteed. :D

I also recommend to replace Ball Lightning in the helmet with Shock Nova.

"
TimeDilation wrote:
any idea how Elemental Proliferation works when using Emberwake?

I haven't tested Elemental Proliferation but I did play an Elementalist (free prolif) with Emberwake/Tamng and the stacking of Ignites was awesome.

"
TimeDilation wrote:
WM on a low-level CWDT

Could it be that your need for Warlord's Mark stems from the lack of damage output of your main setup? I have tried a variety of Channelling combos but the problem is either the lack of damage (the Channelling skill gets punished nearly to the point of doing no damage at all) and the triggered skills being hampered too much by the cycling rate or cool down time (or, like in your case, loosing a big chunk ooomph with GMP). Like CrispieD (who has updated the main BV setup, adding Chance to Ignite) I have come to the conclusion that a decent amount of damage and subsequently leech from the active setup is quite essential, however, right now I'm going with Spark instead of BV, instantly lighting up the whole screen like a f*cking Christmas tree, heaps of fun and fits the season. :D

I always loved Spark, a skill which GGG have done their level best to kill off, but thanks to this build Spark back, better than ever! ;)

But I will try Elemental Proliferation in my current setup (probably instead of Faster Casting) and report back but I'm afraid the loss of damage will be too severe to sustain a decent leech, almost cut in half from 5k down to 2.6k DPS.

P.S. I have also tried Kinetic Blast (another of my all-time favourites that suffered a similar fate from GGG's hands :) but the loss of Razor and Fortify (which can't be used with Shield Charge while wearing a wand) is too big a drawback.
"
tomay wrote:

"
TimeDilation wrote:
WM on a low-level CWDT

Could it be that your need for Warlord's Mark stems from the lack of damage output of your main setup? I have tried a variety of Channelling combos but the problem is either the lack of damage (the Channelling skill gets punished nearly to the point of doing no damage at all) and the triggered skills being hampered too much by the cycling rate or cool down time (or, like in your case, loosing a big chunk ooomph with GMP). Like CrispieD (who has updated the main BV setup, adding Chance to Ignite) I have come to the conclusion that a decent amount of damage and subsequently leech from the active setup is quite essential, however, right now I'm going with Spark instead of BV, instantly lighting up the whole screen like a f*cking Christmas tree, heaps of fun and fits the season. :D

I always loved Spark, a skill which GGG have done their level best to kill off, but thanks to this build Spark back, better than ever! ;)

But I will try Elemental Proliferation in my current setup (probably instead of Faster Casting) and report back but I'm afraid the loss of damage will be too severe to sustain a decent leech, almost cut in half from 5k down to 2.6k DPS.

P.S. I have also tried Kinetic Blast (another of my all-time favourites that suffered a similar fate from GGG's hands :) but the loss of Razor and Fortify (which can't be used with Shield Charge while wearing a wand) is too big a drawback.

It's there because I had a red socket available and didn't feel like recoloring those boots (they're high tier armor boots, so getting more than 2 off colors is hard). If anything it's there for mana leech against single targets. That said, I also finally rolled up an ele reflect map (I'd either never gotten one, or it came with -11% max resists that I was never going to play, anyway), and the ele reflect was nothing more than a bonus to me. No eye of innocence, no taming. I leeched/razor'd everything I needed and barely ever saw my health dip. It just made it far easier to get my CWDT's triggered. Usually everything is dead or blinded before there's even an opportunity to damage me.

Also, WM = endurance charges = caring even less about damage coming your way. And it's always good in parties. No one's really ever that ticked off at more leech and endurance charges.

My DPS does not seem to be having any problems whatsoever. Have you even tried Incinerate+GMP+Fireball? GMP is not a DPS loss, especially against groups. In many ways you're looking for tons of hits to proc Fire Burst, and my combo seems to be doing that just fine. It's doing so well I have not given serious consideration to any alternatives; they all seem to perform at a massively weaker level. And fireball will light everything up in a hurry, as well. Explosions + high base ignite, man.
"
tomay wrote:
"
While leveling, this pair of boots actually dropped. Do you think they would work well with this build?

Sure, this build LOVES ignites but to be honest we benefit more from lots of life on boots and they are a great source for resistances too (with so many unique items capping resistances is a b*tch :).

If you have your Hysteria-essenced helmet and the Chance to Ignite gem linked to you main setup you will get more than enough ignites anyway. If you're still not happy, add some ignite jewels.

I sold them for (almost) the equivalent of a Taming because of their novelty. I bet you can make a great build with them, but I'll see to that later.
Reporting back after a another round of testing. First off big thanks to TimeDilatiom for the idea with Elemental Proliferation. The effect is just AWESOME. Not only do the sparks light up the whole screen, it feels more like they light up half the map... yes, off-screen ignition is a thing now. :D

So if you're bored with trusty old Blade Vortex and want to try something different, my recommended setup: Spark + Spell Echo + GMP + Pierce + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation (replace GMP and Prolif with Slower Projectiles and Faster Casting for tougher boss fights).

Enjoy the ride.
Which chest armour do you recommend after tabula rosa?
Last edited by Broadmoon on Dec 13, 2016, 1:37:30 AM
Kaom's Heart* offers the highest increase to our Life pool, followed by The Rat's Cage and Belly of the Beast. Failing that, any rare chest with lots of Life (maybe essenced with Greed) will help, armour and resistances are always a nice bonus.

And then there is The Brass Dome, however, it has no Life or Resistances and we only get 70% increased armour from the tree which isn't really enough to take full advantage if the insane amount of armour from this chest. But not taking extra damage from critical strikes makes it a viable choice nevertheless. As with all exclusively STR-based chests, the costs of colouring the sockets for our needs can be quite significant though.

*Kaom's Heart has no sockets so you will have to play without any active skills really, not that it matters much, clearing maps this way takes a bit longer but it is entirely possible if not boring. So ideally you want to have Kaom's Heart in reserve and switch chests for the really hard hitters in late game.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 13, 2016, 6:40:28 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the build.

Have a questions:

Why faster attack on jewels ?

"Which chest armour do you recommend after tabula ?"

"
P4nP4n wrote:
Why faster attack on jewels ?

Nice to have for Whirling Blades but not essential.

"
P4nP4n wrote:
"Which chest armour do you recommend after tabula ?"

Read my answer to this question just above your post... ^^

"
P4nP4n wrote:

You're welcome.
Hi, love the feel of the build (haven't done much yet though)
- I was wondering, why is the CWDT setup in the gloves leveled up ?
- Also are all the secondary CWDT linked damage spells (cascade, bladefall, ek, flame surge etc..) just here to pump out a little bit more damage (through themselves and fire surge) or they serve an actual purpose ?
- Lastly, can you have 2 identical setups (cwdt + spell X Y Z)*2 or do they override each other and spell X will only be cast once ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info