LIFE VS ES

"
Bars wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
but I don't understand why players who are not interested in it want no one else to be able to do it in endgame content.

So, basically, to get a challange those players would have to artificially limit themselves in some fashion?

Play one-handed, play without potions, play inefficient builds?

Yeah, i cant see anything wrong with that at all.

The challenge is getting there. If the road is too short or too easy, this might be a problem. If there's no road at all, as a lot of players want, it's IMO a bigger problem.

Statistically speaking, a small fraction of PoE players get to this point. Very small, even. When everyone and their mother start prancing around in well-geared, powerful and high-leveled HC chars, then we'll have an issue... but I think we're safe for now, aren't we? Actually, almost no one in HC is doing Uber Atziri and Shaper even at this well-developed point of the league, and there are only 9 lvl 100 chars. It could be argued the game right now is too harsh - and yet, people on the forum are complaining because someone (almost exclusively in SC, no less!) is facetanking an endgame boss?! Mind-boggling.

I can't speak for everyone else though i'm sure some are in the same boat, but I don't tend to run endgame bosses because I have nowhere to practice them, I can basically guarantee rip a character going blind into a challenging fight I know nothing about or I have to go run hundreds of maps on standard where I have no intention of actually playing in order that i can get a few attempts in on a boss :p

Would help if hardcore progress merged into standard, or it gave me a choice - as it is atm having it merge into the regular hardcore league just creates the same problem again lol, I don't even have a hideout in standard, no masters :(
"
Cataca wrote:

To reiterate your point:

You relish the RNG gating that is keeping the majority of the playerbase outside of the top end hardest content of the game. But once you get there, it should be auto-pilot able, given the gear?

The fuck.

Please tell me i just misunderstood you.

You did misunderstand but I'm not in the mood to explain myself endlessly to someone with your attitude. You are aggressive and confrontational and you're putting words in my mouth. Angry and pointless forum arguments aren't exactly my thing.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 18, 2016, 10:52:16 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:

To reiterate your point:

You relish the RNG gating that is keeping the majority of the playerbase outside of the top end hardest content of the game. But once you get there, it should be auto-pilot able, given the gear?

The fuck.

Please tell me i just misunderstood you.

You did misunderstand but I'm not in the mood to explain myself endlessly to someone with your attitude. You are aggressive and confrontational and you're putting words in my mouth. Angry and pointless forum arguments aren't exactly my thing.

It's GGG that relishes that. Their absolutely goal is to keep the majority of players from reaching end game or above level 95 so they can keep chasing their hollow carrot for as long as possible.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 18, 2016, 10:58:03 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:

It's GGG that relishes that. Their absolutely goal is to keep the majority of players from reaching end game or above level 95 so they can keep chasing their hollow carrot for as long as possible.

How do you propose designing a carrot that is not hollow and that doesn't run out in a matter of months?

Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Life is better because you can use flask for instant heal... xD
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
EX FUCKING DE
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Head_Less wrote:

Till people discover how op MOM+zerphi+bloodmagic gem is...

I was dicking around on standard building a life+acro mom pool. You get 50% of damage going to mana and its crazy tanky. Zerphi adds another crazy layer on top. Degens still hurt tho.

Problem is, once you're close to acro, might as well take vaal pact. Vp is too good.
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Kintsugi is a good end game armor.

LOL no I cant, I just can't.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Kintsugi is a good end game armor.

LOL no I cant, I just can't.

Kintsugi IS a good endgame armour
Ask ziggy, he's 91 and alive in hardcore doing melee viper strike evasion build.
"
Bars wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

Why the fuck does most of the forum think no one should be able to do endgame content reliably under any circumstances is beyond me.

Because facetanking under any circumstances means balance is off. As it effectively results in immortal character, as long as player got the RMB pressed.
It denies one of the basic principles of the genre - to never be able to acquire build/gear allowing you to achieve immortality.

Of course perfect balance is impossible, and some types of builds/damage types/defenses will inevitably be superior to others, but that's different.
We are talking about a scenario, where developers are trying to balance the whole game with a broken mechanic in mind, which drastically affects all who don't exploit it.

See, here's the snag. You are, of course, one hundred percent right - by your definition of what good balance should look like. But this is all a matter of perspective. You think players should never be able to facetank. I think well-geared, optimized endgame builds should be able to facetank. So, from my perspective, ES is fine and other mechanics should be buffed to bring them in line with ES. I think the player who has invested time, effort and ingenuity in their build should be able to eventually feel powerful. To be a god walking among mortals. Not to worry about dodging puny attacks. To have essentially won the game. You are apparently of a different opinion.

Knowing we are approaching balance discussions from two completely different standpoints, any further discussion is ultimately meaningless. No one will convince the other of their point of view when we're working with different definitions and fundamental assumptions about the game. I don't think there's a rational course of action besides noting we are in disagreement and leaving it at that.

So basically you agree that a build with little investment can facetank everything as long as he press all flasks at once and maintain them? Can't wait to see all those blade vortex players have to relearn the game after playing such a skill=less build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info