LIFE VS ES

lose of gem > lose of tons of damage?
"
Head_Less wrote:

Till people discover how op MOM+zerphi+bloodmagic gem is...

Zerphi is super broken but not really available easily in the temp leagues.

IMO it needs to be changed based on mana expended, instead of 'mana cost' of the skills, when people are spamming very high BM costs with EA and Scolds and high levels of CWDT and the like.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Head_Less wrote:

Till people discover how op MOM+zerphi+bloodmagic gem is...

There are tons of ways to get ludricious sustain, none of which really helps that much.

Why? Because the game doesnt have a constant flow of heavy damage, the game has long periods of almost zero damage and sudden huge spikes that either oneshots you, or it doesnt.

Buffer trumps all.

Btw it is the combination of natural Shield Regen + VP which makes it so OP.

While you lose your HP regen ... you do NOT lose your Shield regen ... and that is FAIL!

Change VP to: "Life leech applies instantly, you have no lifereg and no shieldreg".

Problem (partly) solved.
"
Schakar wrote:

While you lose your HP regen ... you do NOT lose your Shield regen ... and that is FAIL!

Change VP to: "Life leech applies instantly, you have no lifereg and no shieldreg".

Problem (partly) solved.

Your solution would break es. ES regen is tradeoff for life pots
"
ladish wrote:
"
Schakar wrote:

Problem (partly) solved.

Your solution would break es. ES regen is tradeoff for life pots

Yeah ES would literally be dogshit.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I don't get it... Everyone is explaining how the only way to reliably survive right now is VP + ES... and that's why VP + ES is somehow broken? What are you smoking? This means everything else is broken and should be buffed.

Why the fuck does most of the forum think no one should be able to do endgame content reliably under any circumstances is beyond me. I assume it comes mostly from people who don't do endgame content, so they don't really care - they just want to see the ones doing it fail.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
I don't get it... Everyone is explaining how the only way to reliably survive right now is VP + ES... and that's why VP + ES is somehow broken? What are you smoking? This means everything else is broken and should be buffed.

Why the fuck does most of the forum think no one should be able to do endgame content reliably under any circumstances is beyond me. I assume it comes mostly from people who don't do endgame content, so they don't really care - they just want to see the ones doing it fail.

Yeah and get my fucking build nerfed LIKE MY POOR POISON TRAPPER :( dicks.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6lvTfor3qg

Look this video in 10:00 min. Player tanking TWO Shaper's beam.

I´m using ES and CI. Can´t do this (Uber Izaro know about this).

This is a combination of skill points and equips/itens.

The question is: developers create itens and skill tree for players use creativity and hability to try win the challenges. Mechanics give offensive and defensive options (more damage, life, movement, range and/or melee skills, etc.)

But look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUq93L-r43I

Offensive skill is just used for movement. Player class is not specialized in defense, but can tank the toughest boss and sustain high damage power. Build sustain offensive and defensive power without any drawback. Leech is not one layer in defense. It´s the main defense and stack with damage power.

"This world is an illusion, exile." - Dominus, High Templar

Game mechanics need logic, or players will invest in high defense and die in one shot, invest in movement and be slower than someone with jump/run atk skill, use heavy armor having runner speed, or create some build without any drawback.

And, why so many investment in damage for bosses (hit kill etc)? Bosses can be faster, more defensive, have some mechanics to improve the fight (have time to kill it, scenario, status ailments to nerf player - nerf hit, etc). So many options.

Developers need think about it.
Last edited by Apocalich on Oct 18, 2016, 3:08:35 AM
GGG es/life balance patch 1. Boss damage bypasses all es.

GGG es/life balance patch 2. Bosses are immune to melee damage.

GGG es/life balance patch 3. New death animation mtx's now in store.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info