One of major problems of the game - life leech

Everybody who played a bit of RPG games know how powefull life leech mechanic is. Most today games remove it in oder to keep some balance and sensibility in the game.

Life leech means only one thing in game - get tons of damage, life steal 50% + of your hp per second. Life leech just give you free defense, in radiculous amounts even when the x% leeched is low.

GGG tried to balance it with all the changed - caps to life per second. Its nice move, but totally useless when you have insta leech keystone and uniques - it didnt touch the most OP of leeches.

Due to that GGG need to balance the game in order to counter this OP mechanic. There is only limited amount of things they can do. One of them is already in the game - insta deaths (high burst damage) on mobs. If they kill you in 1 hit, you wont have time to leech. But lets be honest, thats just as radiculous idea as the insta life leech itself.

I would suggest few possible changes:
- remove insta life leech - the overtime one is ok, since it got limitations
- introduce limitation to insta life leech - like 5-10% of max life (and ES too) per second/cast
- create mob suffix that make them immune completly or partialy to life leech (most bosses should have it)
Last bumped on Oct 27, 2016, 10:37:40 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1

what makes it worse is the difference between life and CI pools.

The Sponge playstyle makes any game dumb in the long run. here is the 'ultimate player killer LAZOR'. you are expected to avoid it, play with movement and positioning. or.. or you can just stand there and right click trough it.

it is dumb and turns the game into a clicker game where nothing else is needed.
Well, yea,this season I definitely learned that my 8 endurance charges man mode melee builds are trash, since with a massive pool life or es with dps plus vaal pact I could facetank anything (based on video uploads).

Instant leech is bad for sure.

Leech immune bosses is a nty. The map mod already disgusts me. It's literally telling melee go fuck yourself further than you're already fucked.

I think VP should be removed and Leech rate attached to every notable life node. This way with investment (just as block is) you can produce some solid leech without it being instant.
leech changes again, sure. But if instant leech gonna get nerfed better nerf the shit out of reflect and monster dmg as well lol.

The T16s bosses can hit 8k+ after resistances depending on mods, any instant leech nerfs without addressing the issues with current monster+map mod balance would pretty much force players to play with decoy totems and possibly run with support(s) and of course those fights would have to be ran without error, as a few missteps can easily get one killed, which would make this game more punishing for alot of players than it already is.
You fuck with leech you better fuck with the monster damage and reflection damage if not well then no.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
You fuck with leech you better fuck with the monster damage and reflection damage if not well then no.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
"

I have the same sentiment in regards to this.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Yeah instant leech needs to be nerfed hard, then reflect needs to be dealt with. Right now reflect is only an issue for direct damage builds that don't have the luxury of some form of instant leech. Once it's an issue for all direct damage builds, GGG will have to do something about it.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Oct 16, 2016, 12:27:57 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"

I have the same sentiment in regards to this.

Well thas the whole idea of the suggestion.
If they remove insta leech or nerf it, to be resonable mechanic, then there is room and possiblity to rebalance the game. Maybe then melee chars would have a chance to shine.
Instant leech needs some attention for sure .... ( please don't kill berserkers tho).
And yeah, reflect and some monster's damage would need to be balanced accordingly imho too.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info