[Tool] POE Trades Companion - Enhance your trading experience

"
dvasan wrote:
dam i feel unsafe using this macro now ill come back use this once i feel this is safe

"
zepother wrote:
Thinking exactly the same but they wouldn't give permission to this thread if it was harmful or sth ? ..

"
dvasan wrote:
i remember seeing sarno's forum signature saying its "harmful"
Hi. If you feel unsafe about the "one server action per macro" thing, then you could simply split buttons that send multiple chat messages into separate buttons that only send one chat message.

"
Shaidarniende wrote:
Oh hi there

"
Auto Quit Off, Auto Flask Off? Bottom left corner?

"
Part of the POE-Companion ahk addon, used it for linking things with the scroll wheel as my Logitech mouse doesn't have the ability to reassign scrolling upwards and downwards to left click. Don't know how to get rid of that UI thing without breaking the rest of the scripts.

"
While I'm not part of the team who bans people, it's worth noting that if even if a third party tool includes tools that are okay to use, if it also includes banned tools it's not necessarily safe to use.

Use it on your risk, I won't.
Hi,
Please do not mistake POE Trades Companion (my tool) with POE Companion (not related at all).

POE Trades Companion is only about making trading better/easier and does not include things such as auto quit / auto flask / etc. Thank you.

"
Dreamdoctor wrote:
hey, so my antivirus detects poe trades companion as a trojan horse. and when i try to download the latest version chrome instantly blocks it.... what do ?.

https://imgur.com/yhnBque

https://imgur.com/ZfxMrh1
Hi,
https://github.com/lemasato/POE-Trades-Companion/wiki/FAQ#virus-detected-is-trades-companion-really-safe-to-use
https://github.com/lemasato/POE-Trades-Companion/issues/124
https://github.com/lemasato/POE-Trades-Companion/releases (message on top in bold)

Please simply use the AHK version.
It can be downloaded from the releases page, as POE-Trades-Companion-AHK.zip.
Thanks. the ahk version seems to work for me!

Windows defender kept removing the other version all the time even though i added the whole folder to exceptions.

GitHub release page

Changes / Improvements:
  • Improved the actions list for Custom Buttons and Advanced Hotkeys.
    The buttons "Replace at selected", "Add at selected" and "Add at the end" have been removed and replaced with "Save changes to action..." and "Add as a new action".
    You can now also re-order actions by right clicking on them and choosing "Move up" or "Move down"

"Save changes to action..." will show a drop-down menu where the user can choose which action number to replace.
    "Add as a new action" will push the action to the end of the list. If the last action is "Close current tab" or "Write message", then the action will be added as previous to last.
  • Instant Whisper now also works for translated whispers from the official GGG trading website.
  • Automatically make the interface click-through if the "no tab remaining" transparency is set as 0.
  • Automatically hide/restore the Item Grid when minimizing/maximizing the Trades GUI.
  • Added style to the sections in the Settings menu.
    Also added style to the button to reset settings.
  • Added a warning when deleting an advanced hotkey profile.
  • Show a readable hotkey name in the advanced hotkeys profiles list instead of the ahk hotkey.
  • Reverted the change that would hide FileInstall_Cmds.ahk (from 1.13.5).
    This allow the user to move files individually without getting errors due to a missing file.

Fixes:
  • Wouldn't play the buyer joined area sound (since 1.13.4 update)
  • Wouldn't automatically run as admin (since 1.13.5 update)
  • Woudnl't enable any following advanced hotkeys if one of the profiles had no hotkey set.
  • Some keys wouldn't work correctly in hotkeys (Such as Space,Enter,Tab,Delete,AppsKey,Escape,Pause,PrintScreen).
  • "Lock Position?" from the tray menu would not do anything.
    Note that the "Lock Position?" option from right clicking the Trades GUI actually worked. Only the tray option was bugged.
"
I really enjoy this tool. I currently have an issue though: What would be the easiest way to send a message to a player I bought an item from? I tried "Send to last whisper" but that often contacts the wrong player (from a trade right before the current one). Then I tried party chat but the message is barely visible if I leave the party within the same second. Then I thought of local chat but AFAIK there's no command to switch from whisper/party/global chat to local.
Hi,
I think the best way would be a local message as you said.
Currently, there is no option built in the tool to send messages to the local chat, I think it could be a nice improvement.

You could use this small trick meanwhile:
  • Action: SendInput
    {Enter}/{Backspace}Type your message{Enter}

This will open the chat, type "/" to clear the chat, delete that character and finally send your message.

__EDIT:
Actually, using a "Send message" action without specifying any chat prefix (/,@,#,$,&) should send that message into the local chat.
But apparently, I just noticed that this is not working correctly.

I'll get that fixed in the next release!
Last edited by z0rhawk on Nov 14, 2018, 6:21:01 AM
"
z0rhawk wrote:

"
Shaidarniende wrote:

Use it on your risk, I won't.
Hi,
Please do not mistake POE Trades Companion (my tool) with POE Companion (not related at all).

POE Trades Companion is only about making trading better/easier and does not include things such as auto quit / auto flask / etc. Thank you.

I don't remember if I confused your tool with the other one — and sorry if so, as I certainly didn't know of its existence, but the main reason I posted it was a context to what I really wanted to link:

"
it's worth noting that if even if a third party tool includes tools that are okay to use, if it also includes banned tools it's not necessarily safe to use

When I checked your tool, the default setting included something that would be against the ToS.

If you claim GGG are fine with the Trades Companion as is, perhaps you wouldn't mind contacting them to confirm using the newest version of your tool is being allowed, and post their response here?
Shaidarniende
"
Shaidarniende wrote:
I don't remember if I confused your tool with the other one — and sorry if so, as I certainly didn't know of its existence, but the main reason I posted it was a context to what I really wanted to link:
"
it's worth noting that if even if a third party tool includes tools that are okay to use, if it also includes banned tools it's not necessarily safe to use
When I checked your tool, the default setting included something that would be against the ToS.

If you claim GGG are fine with the Trades Companion as is, perhaps you wouldn't mind contacting them to confirm using the newest version of your tool is being allowed, and post their response here?
Hi,
GGG's current policy is "Do not use third-party programs in conjunction with Path of Exile"

I have accordingly updated the Wiki.
Extracted from my FAQ on the Wiki:
"
GGG cannot personally approve third-party tools as it would be very time-consuming for them and the tool's creator could update it with malicious intent or with features that could not be considered as allowable.
I personally PM'ed Chris in October 2018 and their current policy is "Do not use third-party programs in conjunction with Path of Exile"

From my point of view, POE Trades Companion is safe to use as it only interact with the game by reading the chat logs file and sending chat messages/commands. Additionally, if the user does not like the aspect of sending two chat messages/commands at once for some buttons, they can completely edit/disable such functions or keep the bare minimum using the smaller buttons.

(Keep in mind this is only my point of view as developer and user of this tool.
It is up to the users to decide whether they want to use the tool or not.)
I had asked about the "one server action per macro" thing, and about sending two chat messages (one command, one message) within a single macro and that was the answer I received.

Nothing is said about macros or third-party tools within the Terms of Use.

"one server action per macro" is something that was said in the forums by Chris about five years ago. I believe it was said in order to keep hotkeys under control, as allowing more than one server action would lead to automated gameplay mechanics (casting multiple auras, using a flask on a timer, etc.).
"Do not use third-party programs in conjunction with Path of Exile". GGG has no control over user-made content. They simply can't publicly allow someone's work.

I think players should decide for themselves whether they want to use something or not. Obviously, using tools that automate gameplay mechanics (auto flask at health/mana threshold, timed flasks or skills, automated gem swapping, automated tradding) could put your account at risk. But tools such as TradeMacro, LabCompass, and trading tools in general are only taking advantage of what the game offers (chat logs, item infos, game knowledge, etc.) to enhance the PoE experience.
so good stuff
Is it possible to have it maximize the window and go to the trade request if someone pm when i have it minimized?

That would be great.

Currently there is only auto maximize on first new tab creation.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 1, 2018, 5:54:27 PM
Hey z0rhawk, thx for the tool!

I'm new to this and I'm trying to figure out few things.

First question about safety, since I don't want my acc banned for using the tool.

"
z0rhawk wrote:
Hi. If you feel unsafe about the "one server action per macro" thing, then you could simply split buttons that send multiple chat messages into separate buttons that only send one chat message.

If I press your default 'thank you' button which does:

- Send a Thank you message
- Kick buyer from party
- Save trade stats
- Close current tab

^ Last two are outside-game commands, but I think that the first 2 commands are used directly in-game. So, are these (first) two commands considered as multiple actions (sending 'thanks' and kicking a player from the party)? If yes, I guess I should make 2 butons for that one?
(eg. 'thanks' button just to send a thanks to a player, and 'kick out' button (new button) to kick the buyer out and close the tab in-app)? Correct?

2nd question:

Imagine I ctrl+clicked at poe.trade and the message is sent to a seller (I'm a buyer). How can I then send another (customized) message to the same seller? (while I'm still not being invited into his party). So I can't use 'local' (green message 'trick'). Any idea?

Thanks!
andrewgatao
"
so good stuff
Thank you!

kompaniet
"
kompaniet wrote:
Is it possible to have it maximize the window and go to the trade request if someone pm when i have it minimized?

That would be great.

Currently there is only auto maximize on first new tab creation.
It would actually be counter-intuitive.
If the interface is minimized while tabs are open, it is very likely that the user simply doesn't want to be annoyed for a bit.

drunkydragon
"
drunkydragon wrote:
Hey z0rhawk, thx for the tool!

I'm new to this and I'm trying to figure out few things.

First question about safety, since I don't want my acc banned for using the tool.

"
z0rhawk wrote:

If I press your default 'thank you' button which does:

- Send a Thank you message
- Kick buyer from party
- Save trade stats
- Close current tab

^ Last two are outside-game commands, but I think that the first 2 commands are used directly in-game. So, are these (first) two commands considered as multiple actions (sending 'thanks' and kicking a player from the party)? If yes, I guess I should make 2 butons for that one?
(eg. 'thanks' button just to send a thanks to a player, and 'kick out' button (new button) to kick the buyer out and close the tab in-app)? Correct?

2nd question:

Imagine I ctrl+clicked at poe.trade and the message is sent to a seller (I'm a buyer). How can I then send another (customized) message to the same seller? (while I'm still not being invited into his party). So I can't use 'local' (green message 'trick'). Any idea?

Thanks!
1: Yes. Based on that rule [Removed by Support], you would have to split it into two buttons because it sends two chat messages.

2: You could make an hotkey with the %lws% variable.
It refers to the last whisper sent name.
Or you could also just use an hotkey that simply open the chat and send the message, as the game will automatically use the last channel used.
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Dec 11, 2018, 8:24:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info