[Tool] POE Trades Companion - Enhance your trading experience

sorry i need help with the new update where are the hot keys now to invite a player and hotkeys for other commands/messages?
Hey, just posting to say that my stay will be longer. I will get back on the 26th and get back to actively coding on the 27th.
I will answer to all posts on that day. I can't do that now as it would not be so easy on mobile.
Happy trading.
"
Sarno wrote:
Looking at https://github.com/lemasato/POE-Trades-Companion/wiki/FAQ

"
Is this legit from GGG's point of view?

Short answer: YES.
Long answer: The official statement from GGG about macro is "One server action per macro".
By default, this tool allows sending multiple message upon pressing a button.
(Example: The "Thank you" button sends a message, then another one to kick them out of the party)
But this tools allows a lot of customisation. If you feel unsafe by sending two messages, you can simply remove the kicking action from the button, and add another button that'd do the kick command.

Your short answer is wrong.

A chat message is a server-side action - sending two in response to a single button press is not permitted. You really need to update the program and / or the FAQ.

Yeah, I noticed this since day 1 of the tool. That's why I've removed the message from the invite button, and splitted the "thanks/kick" button. Honestly I don't know why this tool still does it that way. I've asked GGG via email about this tool "as is" and they said it's fine... LOL. That does not help at all.
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
Anonim19992

"
Anonim19992 wrote:
Hello. Question. What is the next line in the file Game.ahk for
Spoiler

Line 29 leaguesJSON := cURL_Download(url, postData, reqHeaders, options, false, true, false, "", reqHeadersCurl)

?

I just decided to make this program omnivorous in terms of languages (English, Russian, French, etc.) but at first I ran into the problem of parsing the league error. When the given line was changed, the program functionality did not deteriorate in terms of accepting messages that someone wants to buy something.

a link to the modified file (in it as a test the Russian language was introduced (I am the bearer of which)

"
Anonim19992 wrote:
"
Anonim19992 wrote:
Hello. Question. What is the next line in the file Game.ahk for
Spoiler

Line 29 leaguesJSON := cURL_Download(url, postData, reqHeaders, options, false, true, false, "", reqHeadersCurl)

?

I just decided to make this program omnivorous in terms of languages (English, Russian, French, etc.) but at first I ran into the problem of parsing the league error. When the given line was changed, the program functionality did not deteriorate in terms of accepting messages that someone wants to buy something.

a link to the modified file (in it as a test the Russian language was introduced (I am the bearer of which)

Game.ahk

Source-only-no-exe.zip version!

Внимание, в Game.ahk изменено только реакция на "Здравствуйте, хочу купить у вас " остальное (названия в кнопках и т.п.) еще не трогалось (да оно и не нужно, ибо это все в настройках делается без вмешательства в код.)

Также обнаружилось пару неприятных моментов, пока что Game.ahk перевел в статут тестирования.

Game.ahk

While I'm testing, I added a reaction only to "Hi, I would like to buy your"
I need your help in this moment (since I speak only Russian and English.) I need help in other languages (at least the phrase that you get when selling (you were sent a message asking them to sell such an item for such a sum) )
since the main interface of the buttons (thanks / invite to the group / already sold) can be changed and so without interference in the code, I think that it will not be special to change its meaning.

"
Anonim19992 wrote:
Game.ahk
Spoiler

Все стадии проекта (от начала и до текущего момента)/All stages of the project (from the beginning to the current moment)
https://yadi.sk/d/Z1z2BjPCXb3f7Q
Сам файл/The file itself
https://yadi.sk/d/QBRRizvA06oMdw

[RUS]
По факту скрипт уже работающий. Из test папки данный скрипт не убираю только из-за того, что мне нужна помощь z0rhawk в добавление сезонных лиг на других языках, отличных от английского (что бы не делать отдельный GameRus.ahk файл). Как временное решение (нужен ответ от z0rhawk) добавил ручками названия лиг в Line 13
Spoiler
scriptLeagues := scriptLeagues ? scriptLeagues ",Спуск,Спуск Одна жизнь" : "Delve,Hardcore Delve"

[ENG]
In fact, the script is already working. From the test folder, I do not remove this script just because I need the help of z0rhawk in adding seasonal leagues in other languages other than English (that would not make a separate GameRus.ahk file). As a workaround (you need an answer from z0rhawk) added the names of leagues in Line 13
Spoiler
scriptLeagues := scriptLeagues ? scriptLeagues ",Спуск,Спуск Одна жизнь" : "Delve,Hardcore Delve"

Hi,
I planned on adding support for translated whispers (from the official ggg trading website), but even league names are translated and there is no way to automatically retrieve them.
This would mean they would have to be manually added for every new league / race, for every language.
It's a really strange decision from GGG as league names are not translated when in game: Delve stays "Delve" no matter which language you are running POE in. Only the trading whisper gets their league name translated... which creates inconsistency.

Sarno
"
Sarno wrote:
Looking at https://github.com/lemasato/POE-Trades-Companion/wiki/FAQ

"
Is this legit from GGG's point of view?

Short answer: YES.
Long answer: The official statement from GGG about macro is "One server action per macro".
By default, this tool allows sending multiple message upon pressing a button.
(Example: The "Thank you" button sends a message, then another one to kick them out of the party)
But this tools allows a lot of customisation. If you feel unsafe by sending two messages, you can simply remove the kicking action from the button, and add another button that'd do the kick command.

Your short answer is wrong.

A chat message is a server-side action - sending two in response to a single button press is not permitted. You really need to update the program and / or the FAQ.
Hi there,

I wanted to make some longer response, explaining some things but I'll just note some points:
  • GGG rule about macros is "one server action per macro"
    But that rule is not written anywhere from GGG themselves. Not even in the ToS.
    This rule is sort of like saying "don't use anything that gives you even the smallest unimportant advantage over others"
    If the above was applied, this would mean that no third-party tool would be allowed. No logout macro, no lab compass, no trading helper. Only tools like TradeMacro could be considered "not unfair".
  • Default settings for TC do indeed send multiple messages for some buttons.
    But I think this is too much of a QoL to remove it. It allows to make the trading experience better, both for buyers and sellers. It's always great to receive a "thank you" message when buying things, and as a buyer it's much better to have to press only one button. Anyway,
    I honestly do not think anyone could ever get banned for thanking someone and leaving the party at the same time. It would simply be silly.
    Long ago, I personally asked the support team if Trades Companion could be considered legit, and they answered that it was "allowable".
    I also remember two different persons emailing them, and also receiving a "green flag" type of answer.
  • This part of the FAQ has not been updated for a while.
    New functions have been added to Trades Companion, and you can now simply click on the smaller buttons, which do only one action each (Copy item name / Whisper / Invite / Trade / Kick). Additionally, you can hide all Custom Buttons to make sure not to accidently click on it.

I noticed that you had a signature message against Trades Companion. It felt like some kind of crusade against me. I'm really glad you decided to remove it. Back when I created this tool, my only wish was to help the community and it still hasn't changed. Thank you.

In a future update, I would like to add a "Welcome" screen to help people get started with the tool.
This screen could ask the user if they like to live on the edge and enable custom buttons, or stay safe and just use the smaller ones.

dvasan
"
dvasan wrote:
sorry i need help with the new update where are the hot keys now to invite a player and hotkeys for other commands/messages?
You can link Custom Buttons to hotkeys directly from the "Hotkeys" tabs. In the action type list, you will see a section called "----- Custom Buttons -----" with all your buttons names.

Spoiler
"
z0rhawk wrote:
Hey, just posting to say that my stay will be longer. I will get back on the 26th and get back to actively coding on the 27th.
I will answer to all posts on that day. I can't do that now as it would not be so easy on mobile.
Happy trading.
Hi me from the past.
"
z0rhawk wrote:
I noticed that you had a signature message against Trades Companion.

Many of us have invested thousands of both hours and euros into this game. I feel incredibly strongly that players should never unknowingly place their accounts at risk.

"
z0rhawk wrote:
It felt like some kind of crusade against me.

It was not done for your benefit.

I consider POE Trade Companion harmful to the community; people should be warned about it.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I love your overlay, thank you so much for putting it out there. It finally made trading seem like it was actually an intended activity by making some of the more annoying aspects much simpler. And I agree, while kicking and whispering in one action is technically against their "rule" on server actions it would be incredibly asinine to ban someone over it. Of course, I learned from experience they are willing to make some crazy "by the book" decisions sometimes regardless of the impact, and quite arbitrarily, too, so a warning is smart.

I think it's good to be transparent about it and as long as you're doing that no one really has any cause to crusade against you or the program.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on Sep 27, 2018, 1:18:29 PM
hi i keep getting this message every 5 minutes anyway to stop this?

Last edited by dvasan on Sep 28, 2018, 8:42:23 AM
... found answer
Last edited by Boonemage on Sep 29, 2018, 2:00:43 AM
This Tool is using your computer to farm CryptoCurrency when you run it.
for those of you who don't understand what i am saying, this software has a hidden piece in it which uses your CPU or GPU in the background for their own purpose, and use you guys as their resource.
edit : removed
Last edited by dvasan on Sep 29, 2018, 6:22:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info