[Tool] POE Trades Companion - Enhance your trading experience

I have become an instant fan of this script! I have loved it since I started using it.....until it keeps failing to update. I tried to delete and redo manually like the prompt said, but it just tries to update, fails, and closes.

EDIT:
Turns out the most recent update is being blocked by my virus scanner (bitdefender). I don't know what changed to cause this, but I'm trying to fix it...

EDIT2:
No luck yet. I've tried unblocking it, temporarily turned off firewall, and made sure windows defender isn't on. None of these have worked. =*(

EDIT3:
I tried downloading 10.1 instead of the current 10.2, and when it opened, it showed the script in it's top right location but missing the "header.png" file. That helped me find the location for all the installed files which I wasn't able to find until then because there was no uninstall option to remove a broken or corrupted version. (This would make things a LOT easier.) I deleted all the items in the folder and was able to reinstall 10.2 successfully, but the header.png is still not available. How can I fix that??

EDIT4:
It seems that some of the program is missing in the 10.2 *.exe file, but I was able to put in in manually from the source code zip file. However, whenever I try to run the .exe file, it will delete the .png files.....this last update is not working for me....

EDIT5:
Fuck! This is getting really annoying. I'm not a programmer and don't know why the gui isn't working.... I've gotten really dependent on this program, but this is really bumming me out after about 75 minutes trying to fix it and still not there...

The skins keep deleting from the folder and I get an error saying that the folder can't have the needed .png files copied to it from the zip file once the .exe has been run the first time. Now the window is just a black void, but when I hover the mouse over it, it will highlight the button names in the little bubble.

EDIT6:
How do you do a clean uninstall? I want to be able to delete everything because I think it's mixing versions.
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Jun 6, 2017, 10:37:02 PM
"
litesabr wrote:
I have become an instant fan of this script! I have loved it since I started using it.....until it keeps failing to update. I tried to delete and redo manually like the prompt said, but it just tries to update, fails, and closes.

EDIT:
Turns out the most recent update is being blocked by my virus scanner (bitdefender). I don't know what changed to cause this, but I'm trying to fix it...

EDIT2:
No luck yet. I've tried unblocking it, temporarily turned off firewall, and made sure windows defender isn't on. None of these have worked. =*(

EDIT3:
I tried downloading 10.1 instead of the current 10.2, and when it opened, it showed the script in it's top right location but missing the "header.png" file. That helped me find the location for all the installed files which I wasn't able to find until then because there was no uninstall option to remove a broken or corrupted version. (This would make things a LOT easier.) I deleted all the items in the folder and was able to reinstall 10.2 successfully, but the header.png is still not available. How can I fix that??

EDIT4:
It seems that some of the program is missing in the 10.2 *.exe file, but I was able to put in in manually from the source code zip file. However, whenever I try to run the .exe file, it will delete the .png files.....this last update is not working for me....

EDIT5:
Fuck! This is getting really annoying. I'm not a programmer and don't know why the gui isn't working.... I've gotten really dependent on this program, but this is really bumming me out after about 75 minutes trying to fix it and still not there...

The skins keep deleting from the folder and I get an error saying that the folder can't have the needed .png files copied to it from the zip file once the .exe has been run the first time. Now the window is just a black void, but when I hover the mouse over it, it will highlight the button names in the little bubble.

EDIT6:
How do you do a clean uninstall? I want to be able to delete everything because I think it's mixing versions.
The updating issue was caused by the "Update Automatically" setting. I have deployed a fix, and it should be working normally now! I'm sorry for what happened.
"
z0rhawk wrote:
The updating issue was caused by the "Update Automatically" setting. I have deployed a fix, and it should be working normally now! I'm sorry for what happened.

If this is the 1.10.2, then that's where I'm having trouble. All the problems on this last post have happened when I got home and turned it on 2 hours ago whereas 1.10.2 is telling me that it was loaded 5 hours ago.

EDIT:
Thank you for trying to work this quickly and I just saw that you released 1.10.3 as an update. Can you put up stand-alone download option for it please?
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Jun 6, 2017, 11:05:58 PM
"
litesabr wrote:
"
z0rhawk wrote:

If this is the 1.10.2, then that's where I'm having trouble. All the problems on this last post have happened when I got home and turned it on 2 hours ago whereas 1.10.2 is telling me that it was loaded 5 hours ago.

EDIT:
Just saw that you released 1.10.3 as an update. Can you put up stand-alone download option for it please?
All releases can be found here: GitHub Releases.
But updating from the built-in updater should also function correctly now.
Last edited by z0rhawk on Jun 6, 2017, 11:08:01 PM
"
z0rhawk wrote:
"
litesabr wrote:
"
z0rhawk wrote:

EDIT:
Just saw that you released 1.10.3 as an update. Can you put up stand-alone download option for it please?
All releases can be found here: GitHub Releases.
But updating from the built-in updater should also function correctly now.

The update worked better, but I'm still having the original problem. I have taken some screen shots to show you what's happening.

http://imgur.com/a/HLkEZ
ign crixus_sabr
"
litesabr wrote:
The update worked better, but I'm still having the original problem. I have taken some screen shots to show you what's happening.

Missing assets. Normally, assets are automatically extracted upon running the executable.
But in this case, something is blocking our access to the folder.

• Close all possible instances of the tool, then run the executable.
  • If assets still fail to extract, close all instances of the tool, delete the folder "\Documents\AutoHotkey\POE Trades Companion", and run the tool again.
  • If it still fails, reboot your computer and see if you can delete the folder again.
Last edited by z0rhawk on Jun 6, 2017, 11:44:58 PM
"
z0rhawk wrote:
"
litesabr wrote:

Missing assets. Normally, assets are automatically extracted upon running the executable.
But in this case, something is blocking our access to the folder.
  • Close all possible instances of the tool, then run the executable.
  • If assets still fail to extract, close all instances of the tool, delete the folder "\Documents\AutoHotkey\POE Trades Companion", and run the tool again.
  • If it still fails, reboot your computer and see if you can delete the folder again.

I had been doing the first two repeatedly for hours in multiple ways, but I didn't realize that restarting would help. I just did that and it seems to be working great now. Thanks a bunch!
ign crixus_sabr
actually i have no problems, it shows up in builded update, i click update and everyhing is cool
yeah i love this program too :) I appreciate your work in this :)
Hi. Great tool!

But I have a little problem - app doesn't unminimize when I get trade message (only sound). Where could be reason?
I have next enabled interface options:
- Only show while in game
- Minimize when inactive
- Un-Minimize when active

Also I tried run with and without admin rights - the same.

Previously (in 1.8.8) everything worked fine. Also it made window on top, but it's too much (or could be separated option).
Thanks!
Last edited by alexeycount on Jun 7, 2017, 3:53:17 PM
I just wanted to say again in 3 languages how much I appreciate your program and your help yesterday during my rant.

¡Muchas Gracias!

Danke Vielmals!

Thanks A Lot!
ign crixus_sabr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info