News Part II

"
morbo wrote:

On a totally serious note: OP you don't seem to understand that it's safe to say that for GGG there aren't any "issues" to address or manifesto about the Lab to write. If the "issue" was as serious as you guys convinced yourselves that it is, GGG wuld probably say something by now.

They have already said something about it - they are fine with a minority of players not liking it.
In related news, GGG has told PCGamer that in releasing the Atlas of Worlds expansion

"
it wanted to make sure that players could ignore the Atlas entirely if they didn’t like it, not wanting to alienate current players

One player interviewed for this article noted this was like shutting the barn door after the horse had bolted.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
ShaUrley wrote:
In related news, GGG has told PCGamer that in releasing the Atlas of Worlds expansion

"
it wanted to make sure that players could ignore the Atlas entirely if they didn’t like it, not wanting to alienate current players

One player interviewed for this article noted this was like shutting the barn door after the horse had bolted.

What they meant is that the progression through atlas can be ignored and you can map exactly the same way as before without shaping things and all that nonsense. In that aspect they are entirely right.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
ShaUrley wrote:

"

It's a weird statement to make after CW said that they're perfectly fine with alienating current players with the lab/trials content. Bizarro world.
"
Jgizle wrote:
"
ShaUrley wrote:
In related news, GGG has told PCGamer that in releasing the
Spoiler
Ascendancy
expansion

"
it wanted to make sure that players could ignore the
Spoiler
Labyrinth
entirely if they didn’t like it, not wanting to alienate current players

One player interviewed for this article noted this was like shutting the barn door
Spoiler
before
the horse had bolted.

What they meant is that the progression through atlas can be ignored and you can map exactly the same way as before without shaping things and all that nonsense. In that aspect they are entirely right.

Ok Jgizle, I think gibbousmoon needs to explain my post to you. ;)

Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
sidtherat wrote:
so many words - in YET ANOTHER thread you guys create just to turn YOUR problem with something into general problem

you (as in the clique - you all know who you are) had a chance early on - but youve ruined it all with aggressive spam, harassment, shit eating analogies, berating anyone who did not agree with you, insulting devs from time to time and by being a general PITA
youve managed to alienate people who were supporting your case because they 'dared' to not agree with everything you wanted. good way to make friends..

And yet the lab is still a piece of shit, so while his methods may be counterproductive, the premise is still sound.

Learn to see past the presentation and into the actual content of the debate. There isn't really any logical reason to judge based on presentation when the issue at hand is far more important.

Also, I'm going to have to correct you - the hundreds of lab threads are not made by a single conspiracy tin-foil hat group of V for Vendetta shadow-clowns. Accept the FACT that there are a lot of people who really hate lab.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 8, 2016, 7:32:48 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
so many words - in YET ANOTHER thread you guys create just to turn YOUR problem with something into general problem

you (as in the clique - you all know who you are) had a chance early on - but youve ruined it all with aggressive spam, harassment, shit eating analogies, berating anyone who did not agree with you, insulting devs from time to time and by being a general PITA
youve managed to alienate people who were supporting your case because they 'dared' to not agree with everything you wanted. good way to make friends..

And yet the lab is still a piece of shit, so while his methods may be counterproductive, the premise is still sound.

Learn to see past the presentation and into the actual content of the debate. There isn't really any logical reason to judge based on presentation when the issue at hand is far more important.

Also, I'm going to have to correct you - the hundreds of lab threads are not made by a single conspiracy tin-foil hat group of V for Vendetta shadow-clowns. Accept the FACT that there are a lot of people who really hate lab.

If a lot is a minority of less than 3% then u r right.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

I don't personally know any. In my guild most people seem to like the lab or be indifferent to it. I have not heard from a single one hating it.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Ive always been on the Lab is what it is and im not the biggest fan of it but i do it anyway because i want those fucking points.. because let's be real here they are worth it. Even if you die on the 3rd fight after a 15-20 min run trying to get all the keys and finding your way and getting lost and shit because it changes everyday.. i STILL do it. And its pissed me off quite a few times.. Really bad.

But ive also noticed like everything else ive run into in this game (or anything for that matter) that ive ever had an issue with or give me problems.. The more i run the lab the better i get at it and the better im getting and working in what is needed for all my builds to be able to do it without an issue.. even my Leech builds which are still kinda tricky sometimes but at least ive figured it out. You just have to do things a little different but i figured out tricks to make it easier.

Im even getting to the point i actually like running the shit now. so much ive started carrying people through it for their points and such. Thats the thing with lab its just different content and has to be learned. And once you do learn how everything works and how to negotiate not only the traps and izaro but also how to negotiate making your build where its easier no matter what your running its really not bad at all.

Its incredibly rewarding. From the loot in the chest at the end to the enchants its worth every run. Even in Merciless its worth running while you're still lvling from 70-80 or so. theres a chest before every izaro fight and if you fill your inv with rares and throw them in a tab before every fight and all the rares from the chests thats almost 2 tabs of loot right there.. shit ton alts and jewelers and all kinds of other lose currency you find along the way.

The only thing i still not 100% sold on is the amount of helm chants.. And some of them are so fucking completely pointless i dont even know why they exist.. if only to just clutter the good ones to make you have to run it more is all i can think of. But at the same time the ones that are good and work for your build are very nice once you do hit one. But it seems more like they are meant to hit a good one and THEN make a build because of it rather than make a build and try to get the one that works for your build.
Either way ive grew to enjoy the lab for not only the loot and massive power the ascendancy gives but because it is just another stepping stone in the progression of your build. And an important one at that.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Demonoz wrote:

Ive always been on the Lab is what it is and im not the biggest fan of it but i do it anyway because i want those fucking points.. because let's be real here they are worth it. Even if you die on the 3rd fight after a 15-20 min run trying to get all the keys and finding your way and getting lost and shit because it changes everyday.. i STILL do it. And its pissed me off quite a few times.. Really bad.

But ive also noticed like everything else ive run into in this game (or anything for that matter) that ive ever had an issue with or give me problems.. The more i run the lab the better i get at it and the better im getting and working in what is needed for all my builds to be able to do it without an issue.. even my Leech builds which are still kinda tricky sometimes but at least ive figured it out. You just have to do things a little different but i figured out tricks to make it easier.

Im even getting to the point i actually like running the shit now. so much ive started carrying people through it for their points and such. Thats the thing with lab its just different content and has to be learned. And once you do learn how everything works and how to negotiate not only the traps and izaro but also how to negotiate making your build where its easier no matter what your running its really not bad at all.

Its incredibly rewarding. From the loot in the chest at the end to the enchants its worth every run. Even in Merciless its worth running while you're still lvling from 70-80 or so. theres a chest before every izaro fight and if you fill your inv with rares and throw them in a tab before every fight and all the rares from the chests thats almost 2 tabs of loot right there.. shit ton alts and jewelers and all kinds of other lose currency you find along the way.

The only thing i still not 100% sold on is the amount of helm chants.. And some of them are so fucking completely pointless i dont even know why they exist.. if only to just clutter the good ones to make you have to run it more is all i can think of. But at the same time the ones that are good and work for your build are very nice once you do hit one. But it seems more like they are meant to hit a good one and THEN make a build because of it rather than make a build and try to get the one that works for your build.
Either way ive grew to enjoy the lab for not only the loot and massive power the ascendancy gives but because it is just another stepping stone in the progression of your build. And an important one at that.

+1

Really not difficult once you run it enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info