News Part II

"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Remind us all what SSF stands for, please. :)

Solo self-found. Which in 99% of the threads created in the prior years, was centered around the self-found aspect. Going off and being condescending to someone about party vs solo play is still off topic, even if the word solo is in there. Plus his comment didn't really address anything about the subject, he just used it as the introduction to the following comments, which is what he really wanted to say all along.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Rofl

I can't make up this kind of stuff if I tried

I wonder if he really doesn't know what SSF means...

I was one of those who wanted SSF leagues for long and I played SSF for over 2 years, even today I am still 99% SSF. Point remains that you take 1 word out of a sentence and make it fit what you're trying to say.
Last edited by Namcap on Oct 12, 2016, 1:14:07 PM
"
Namcap wrote:

I was one of those who wanted SSF leagues for long and I played SSF for over 2 years, even today I am still 99% SSF. Point remains that you take 1 word out of a sentence and make it fit what you're trying to say.

Maybe you could demonstrate what specifically you're talking about because nobody has any fucking idea.

He called ssf supporters "vocal minority", meaning he believes more people play parties than solo. Explain to us all where that is taking anything out of context please
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 12, 2016, 1:28:11 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Maybe you could demonstrate what specifically you're talking about because nobody has any fucking idea.

Pretty easy to understand - if you want to. Maybe you should try to understand him, actually.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
The "solo" part being a minority is debatable, but the "self-found" part is (and was) a minority for sure.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
The "solo" part being a minority is debatable, but the "self-found" part is (and was) a minority for sure.

If they're such a minority why did blizzard change their entire game to get rid of AH and cater more to solo self found players?

Bottom line if you're taking time to trade you're taking time away from playing the game, and the current trade system is a fucking disaster that has almost as many complaint threads as maps and lab. But you're going to try to justify it by using trade as the big motivator why people don't want ssf?

What a fucking joke.

Why don't you make a REAL POLL with REAL POLLING methods (so whining morons don't complain about the poll) and ask if people prefer trading over playing the game to prove your point, I'm sure that will go over well for you. ROFL

You people live in a fucking imaginary world. The only reason that thread is gone and lab remains is because trade isn't so intrusive to the main game, don't mistake that for support of the trading in poe.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 12, 2016, 1:43:14 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

If they're such a minority why did blizzard change their entire game to get rid of AH and cater more to solo self found players?

Because the auction house was a massive failure too, just from the opposite side?

Just fyi, I was a vocal supporter of "SSF league" too back in the days. And the current trading system (if it can be called a "system") is underwhelming (to put it nicely).

There are very few real SF players (left), because this is an online trade-centric game. I don't think that SF players ever claimed to not be a minority, just that GGG in some way recognizes their playstyle.

Anyway, my point was that there are much more solo players, than self-found players.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

Because the auction house was a massive failure too, just from the opposite side?

Just fyi, I was a vocal supporter of "SSF league" too back in the days. And the current trading system (if it can be called a "system") is underwhelming (to put it nicely).

There are very few real SF players (left), because this is an online trade-centric game. I don't think that SF players ever claimed to not be a minority, just that GGG in some way recognizes their playstyle.

Anyway, my point was that there are much more solo players, than self-found players.

In fact I think PoE is much friendlier to SSF than many give them credit for being, with currency recipes (albeit incomplete) being a good example.

If you are patient, this game is eminently compatible with an SSF playstyle.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Why don't you make a REAL POLL with REAL POLLING methods

Because I do not have the means to do so. For a representative poll, you would either have to have the power to ask a question in-game (which has to be answered before you can continue playing) or you would need the phone numbers of an unbiased sample of the PoE players population, which even GGG doesn't have. There may be other methods, but certainly none of them are within the things I can personally do.

Seems to be hard to understand though.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
morbo wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

There aren't any left because GGG forced them out, not because they'd rather be playing D3. And believe me right now I definitely feel D3 is the more fun game between the two.

POE has much greater potential and makes me think if they stop making stupid decisions and fix the biggest issues the game would be the best ARPG of all time, but they don't want to do that, and in large part it's because people like Jgizle care more about getting chaos from lab runs than they do about actually making the game better, and make their best effort to silence the ACTUAL majority of people who would prefer lab to be optional.

The AH was a failure because TRADE IN ARPG's is inherently a failure. SSF was a big topic BECAUSE IT'S BETTER THAN TRADING. Blizzard catered to that crowd BECAUSE THEY AREN'T STUPID.

IDK why people have a hard time seeing this honestly. Well actually, I know why. Case in point Jgizle's profit of lab runs.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 12, 2016, 4:57:31 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
The AH was a failure because TRADE IN ARPG's is inherently a failure. SSF was a big topic BECAUSE IT'S BETTER THAN TRADING. Blizzard catered to that crowd BECAUSE THEY AREN'T STUPID.

Heh.

That's why I play SSF.

Trading is a PITA. Also, creating SSF rules for myself insulates me (partially, to the extent balance isn't affected) from economy shenanigans.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info