News Part II

I did an entire post on why those polls are garbage, feel free to go through my post history and read why, no idea how far back it is. The difference is actually knowing how a straw poll functions and what makes a good poll, clearly something people are incapable of understanding.

Anyone who takes these polls even remotely seriously, can, and are shrugged off.

Oh, here, i did you the favor and found it fairly easily. All information i say is FACTUAL information on how a straw poll and polls in general should be run and why those polls are a fucking joke.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1712649/page/3

Starts on page three, have to read through the rest.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Oct 10, 2016, 10:02:45 AM
Read it, didn't see anything surprising.

I see bars knows what he is talking about and you mostly presenting "lol polls" arguments without really understanding the facts.

It would take an infant a couple minutes to look through the forums as well as reddit and see what the biggest issues are. The polls show what the forums reflect as well as many players anecdotal sentiments lead them to believe. There's literally nothing to support your claim at all and every piece of evidence that exists shows lab is bad.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 10, 2016, 10:43:52 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Read it, didn't see anything surprising.

I see bars knows what he is talking about and you mostly presenting "lol polls" arguments without really understanding the facts.

It would take an infant a couple minutes to look through the forums as well as reddit and see what the biggest issues are. The polls show what the forums reflect as well as many players anecdotal sentiments lead them to believe. There's literally nothing to support your claim at all and every piece of evidence that exists shows lab is bad.
Glad to know you didnt read it.

10/10, didnt expect you to in the first place.

You dont know how polls work, you refuse to acknowledge youre wrong, same as bars. Thus, you will be shrugged off by everyone who actually understands how legitimate polling works.

PS - Thats the difference of actually having knowledge and knowing what youre talking about, just copy pasting an article which they dont even understand.
[Removed by Support]
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Oct 10, 2016, 5:10:18 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Just out of curiosity is there any logical reason WHY you think the poll doesn't tell the truth?

Because they are not representative.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Just out of curiosity is there any logical reason WHY you think the poll doesn't tell the truth?

This is literally just a restatement of what tin said. I asked WHY do you think that, I didn't ask for a paraphrasing of tin foil.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 10, 2016, 11:21:15 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

This is literally just a restatement of what tin said. I asked WHY do you think that, I didn't ask for a paraphrasing of tin foil.

Why I think they are not representative? Because they were not set up to be representative, so why would you expect them to be? Representative is a technical term with a clear definition w.r.t. polls, I hope you are aware of that...? And the poll about the lab clearly did not fulfill the definition of what a representative poll is.

Maybe read this Wikipedia article to get some basics if you are interested:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_poll
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Oct 10, 2016, 12:04:47 PM
Spoiler
[Removed by Support]

I found the labyrinth to be difficult and frustrating the first few times I ran it. Having done it many times now, it takes about 10-15 minutes per run, and can even be quite profitable. I don't see GGG removing this content because there are (a minority) folks that are so vehemently against it. The true majority either likes or is indifferent towards the lab. The labyrinth is very mechanical, and with the appropriate knowledge, anyone can do it quickly and easily. The damage from traps can be mitigated, the same as damage from mobs. Izaro's most dangerous skills are all telegraphed in a way that they can be avoided. Use a goddamn decoy totem, and you can cheese the shit out of the fight. If you still really have a hard time with it, level to 70, then go back and do normal and cruel lab, then do merc lab at 75.

As for the poll... the majority of players that don't care about the lab, or that like it, or that are indifferent towards it aren't going to waste their time with yet another "Boo-hoo lab hate" thread. The majority of players also don't participate on these forums. In fact I would say that majority of folks that post in the general/feedback/gameplay sections of the forums are only here to bitch about things they are unhappy about (thus the apparent "majority" appear to dislike the lab)...
U MAD?
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Oct 10, 2016, 5:05:47 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

The polls used are easily manipulable and show signs of being manipulated. I stopped watching the results but for a while there anytime a positive vote came in, a negative vote automatically re-balanced the results. If 10 positive votes were made, 10 negative votes followed.

Don't believe it's that easy? Download/install TOR browser, make a poll and vote. Create a new identity in the browser, refresh the poll and vote again. Rinse and repeat...
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Oct 14, 2016, 5:20:01 PM
Yeah we all know what a straw poll is and how it works and how it can be manipulated. Really any poll can. But that's not what this is and you know damn well.

The lab thread has now nearly overtaken the /popcorn thread for largest thread in the history of poe, and it did that in nearly half the time.

Also there are more lab threads on here and reddit than any other topic. Someone actually took the time to link a shit ton of threads about lab. "These threads are done by a small group" is the biggest tinfoil hat load of bull I've ever seen and anyone who isn't a moron knows this. I read these threads, I've made a few myself, and they AREN'T done all by the same people.

So for someone to look at this poll and say "oh it was manipulated" is insulting the intelligence of everyone here including yourselves. You and Chris can deny it all you want, but the fact is lab is a VERY unpopular thing. You take the ascendancy points and enchantments out of lab and ONLY A HANDFUL of people would ever run it, like hall of the grandmasters only worse.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 10, 2016, 3:10:33 PM
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Oct 14, 2016, 5:19:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info