[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

Hi,

very nice looking build - just found a Whispering Ice and thinking of trying this!

About ZO/VP: I think it's kind of sad not to be able to take advantage of the regeneration effect from consecrated ground when taking VP.

Can you think of an alternative build utilizing ZO instead of VP? It's also quite a long run on the skill tree to reach VP so maybe all those skill points can be put to other use?

I have never gotten any further than T13 maps so maybe I'm not fully aware of the necessity of VP in end game content ...
Last edited by SoilnRock on Feb 26, 2017, 5:40:56 PM
"
SoilnRock wrote:
Hi,

very nice looking build - just found a Whispering Ice and thinking of trying this!

About ZO/VP: I think it's kind of sad not to be able to take advantage of the regeneration effect from consecrated ground when taking VP.

Can you think of an alternative build utilizing ZO instead of VP? It's also quite a long run on the skill tree to reach VP so maybe all those skill points can be put to other use?

I have never gotten any further than T13 maps so maybe I'm not fully aware of the necessity of VP in end game content ...

Regen is too weak to survive anything serious, you'd have to run around and dodge everything, and that's just not what this build is about. The Inquisitor facerolls everything, and a big part of it is creating consecrated ground when you get hit, and staying on it, i.e. tanking. Sadly, after GGG destroyed non-instant leech in 2.0, the only viable option is VP. We'll see what they do in 3.0, they already hinted at leech-related changes. But for now just forget about ZO and regen. Consecrated ground is a huge DPS buff for this build.

Hi,

thx for your quick response!

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Consecrated ground is a huge DPS buff for this build.

Aaaah, I didn't notice the Inquisitor-Ascendancy-part about consecreated ground, I was under the (wrong) impression that there is no other use for it but life regeneration.
Build updated for 2.6:
- added Avatar of Fire
- replaced CD with CtF
- replaced Pyre with Perandus Signet

Trees will be updated after the patch if they stop working.

This results in trading a small amount of tooltip damage for a small amount of ES. With better gear you will be trading less damage for more ES.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 3, 2017, 3:47:06 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
SoilnRock wrote:
Hi,

Regen is too weak to survive anything serious, you'd have to run around and dodge everything

That's really just not true: ZO with Pious Path, cons ground, the 2% boot enchant, a marble ammy, the beast fur shawl, a couple of life regen tree nodes and a good ES pool can get you 2500+ in-combat ES regen on a budget and 3000+ with some investment. All content viable, including Shaper. Facetank everything, except the couple of oneshot mechanics in the game, but you should be dodging those anyway of course.

I'm not sure yet if this build can be adapted easily, but just as SoilnRock I'm interested and am probably gonna try to make it work. It will be hard because of no shield, though. On the other hand, because you don't rely on having to hit to leech, you can safely drop Unwavering (use Valyrium instead - the rare occurrences of stun won't bother you now), which, together with the dropped VP and GR, frees up sooo many points which can be invested in more ES nodes.

ES regen works well and is super nice stress-free. Breeze through lab traps with your eyes closed or take a nap sitting in the middle traps if you want 😊
IGN: NuzzyFipples
Hey Kelvyn

I'm going to try your Templar version this time, I loved marauder last season though. Why no scorching Ray in this one?
did you just kill your templar version whispering ice ? bcos i compare with old version of the tree..i got like 11k dps..but now its just 5k dps..its half of the dps u reduce..please explain
"
leggojake23 wrote:
Hey Kelvyn

I'm going to try your Templar version this time, I loved marauder last season though. Why no scorching Ray in this one?

Because the Inquisitor gets a lot of casting speed from his Ascendancy and produces more DPS against bosses while tanking on consecrated ground with self-cast. But you can definitely play with SR-CwC too, same gems as the Berserker, and drop Enlighten and Deep Thoughts for 2 skill points.

"
melforge wrote:
did you just kill your templar version whispering ice ? bcos i compare with old version of the tree..i got like 11k dps..but now its just 5k dps..its half of the dps u reduce..please explain

I have no idea what you are talking about. The only thing different in the tree is that we get AoF now. I had a lv 92 tree with an extra socket near GR, which is now lv 94. But that's a bit too high lv, so I put the lv 90 tree in the top post now.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 7, 2017, 4:51:20 PM
how about mines? for example
Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/89F
"
pashatehnik wrote:
how about mines? for example
Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/89F

Mines? Isn't that absolutely terrible for clear speed?

Also, can you actually spam mines anywhere as fast as you can cast Icestorm? And what about leech/survivability? If you need to dodge everything to survive that's not good at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info