Darkness Mystery Box Individual Microtransactions - Now In-Store!

"
Bluntexile wrote:
"
Suni wrote:
Hope this is not a trend with new MTX being priced higher and higher.

Not at all, it just shows less people buy that crap.
You can buy like 2-4 games on steam with the price of those wings, what did you expect :D

I do love to read the same message over and over again in the headers tho:
"it was a huge succes"
Spoken like true politicians :D

what do you buy mtx for? for looking good? yep, they're a bit too expensive to buy them to just look good.

mtx used to symbolise the support someone gave for the game, that's why there are over the top priced items like the lightning scorpion, it's not so fucking expensive because it took the designer a year to recolor the effects, it's a symbol for massive support.

and yes, ggg kind of killed the symbolic function with "sales", so i can partly understand your complaint.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
almost 40...

what the fuck.

I would spend way more money if all the MTX weren't so RIDICULOUSLY expensive.
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
You know GGG I usually support your monetization policies because you support your game with fairly priced convenience items and rather overpriced MTXes that are supposed to make the people purchasing them stand out from standard users in the game, to which effect they do. However, almost $40 dollars for some shitty pixel effects on the back of a character is overdoing it, scratch that, grossly overdoing it, no still not right, obscene...there we go.

Do you know what the prefix "micro" means in the term microtransactions?
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Oct 2, 2016, 11:16:48 PM
All other wings have similar 300+ price (except for demon king wings), why did you guys think gloom (the best wing released until now for many players) would be cheap? lol
"
HyP_ wrote:
All other wings have similar 300+ price (except for demon king wings), why did you guys think gloom (the best wing released until now for many players) would be cheap? lol

Honestly because I never payed attention to how insanely overpriced some MTXes are. Also because as "awesome" as those wings may be to some people, having experience with modeling I can tell not a lot of work went into them compared to the model heavy wings that came before. So bluntly charging $39 for what amounts to some clever particle effects texturing is fucked up no matter how you package it.

Also just a random comparison I can get 4 legendary skins in heroes of the storm for that price, also a free to play game that supports itself with visual microtransactions and those are custom models with custom animations and custom voice work.

I get that putting together a new armor set takes resources and although I think is ludicrous that they charge 40+ bucks for its still in the realm of whatever, but this sloppy shit costing $39, just completely baffles me.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Oct 3, 2016, 1:37:39 AM
I just like opening the boxes I thought they said the dark mystery box was up for sale again? all I see are the things you can get out of the box. Or am I reading something wrong
"
Starball wrote:
almost 40...

what the fuck.

I would spend way more money if all the MTX weren't so RIDICULOUSLY expensive.

Cause judging by your supporter titles you spend sooo much.

This stuff is like having a Chinchilla Coat. Its not meant to be affordable by everyone. Id like to see them offer stuff for sale that used to be in older supporter packs. Id pay 3x as much for those purple prophecy portals or the green Sovereign portal
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Oct 8, 2016, 1:15:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info