[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

"
Rinzlow wrote:
"
20 hits: 3.9 procs per second, 11.7-12.5 charges with Chalice
30 hits: 4.2 procs per second, 12.6-13.4 charges
20 hits w/ Diamond: 4.3 procs per second, 12.9-13.8 charges
30 hits w/ Diamond: 4.5 procs per second, 13.5-14.4 charges

Nice Calculations but doesn't work like this, that's the problem, I tested on uber izaro with 60% crit chance and volley fire jewel, it just didn't work, I even target-locked him. Once vinktar ran out i had to start killing other mobs he spawned to get charges.

I don't currently have a Barrage character with master surgeon (and don't want to spend regrets on it when I'm not planning on doing anything tougher than uberlab just yet).

Just tested it on my old BV character and the calculations seem pretty accurate (taking ~5.5 seconds to get Vinktar back up with a pretty low crit chance), so unless there's a major difference in Barrage mechanics, it should work. I suppose I forgot about accuracy, but correcting for 77% hit chance, it should still be around 12 charges per second.

E: I just tried it with a crappy Barrage setup with really low crit/atkspeed, it took me 10 seconds to recharge my vessel when it should've been closer to 8 by my calculations, but its pretty hard to land all shots on players so that could be why. Also my Diamond/Sun ran out towards the end, so I had much less projectiles/crit.

I don't have enough stuff to try out a proper barrage setup on BSC yet, its definitely not cheap. But you can definitely clear any content besides guardians/shaper/uber atziri on a budget, so there's plenty of opportunities to farm.
Last edited by Rivx on Dec 27, 2016, 9:13:46 PM
"
Rinzlow wrote:
Here's a bit of a review for this build:

"
IN SHORT:
The build is really really good with 600 Ex legacy gear, but at that point, then even your scroll of town portal does damage...

don't bother testing this in standard if you want to play it in breach;
-If you test it in standard on your rich character, it works because you have legacy bows or 350 Ex bows, and probably skyforth witch is cca 36 Ex now in breach. It is highly unlikely you will afford 450 Ex for this build in breach

The Pathfinder was heavily nerfed, here is the flask issue in 2.5+
-A character can now only receive one flask charge per Critical Strike every 200ms. This is shared across all flasks.
-The Master Surgeon Node now has 100% chance to trigger (up from 15%) to help compensate for this change.

I had almost 75% crit chance, sacrificed a bit of damage for it, when shooting at uber izaro or argus who can survive you for a few seconds more, and find out that you can generate only 5 charges every second for your vinktar flask, your life basically, lasts about 6 seconds on Pathfinder. Meaning if you have Chalice up, you will be getting 10 charges max every second, you need to critically hit 5 times a second, sustained, minimum, to have a chance at keeping your only life up, and you have to start the fight with all of your flasks at 100%.

Without investing 70-80 Ex in gear to get crits/damage/resists in jewelry gear, and resist/flask charge improvement on belt, this is almost impossible, unless you can go level 250 and pickup more crit nodes.

It works awesome for map roaming mobs, but endgame bosses will kill you because you must evade/attack you can't sustain 100% flask charges just from hitting the boss, most endgame bosses tap you physical more than half of your energy shield, this usually happens once every 3 seconds so, 2 heavy strikes in a row and your Vinktar is empty, it's lights out for you.

Also those 570 000 000 Dps tooltips you want in Hideout with auras, you won't be seeing those with 20-30Ex worth of gear, unless you are complete glasscannon.

I play this build (and stream it) and have about 70 ex worth of gear (including skyforths, which takes up a massive portion of that, and i farm everything and kill all guardians/shaper quicker than i have with any other build, including LL BV with 100 ex worth of gear in 2.4.
The build has been nerfed, the numbers are from 2 leagues ago, carrying 500ex worth of gear. In this legaue, if you spend 80 exalts on build then literally any skill in the game will kill shaper, including scrol of town portal. 90% of players in this legaue will never earn or farm 80 exalts. Face it, the build is nerfed, you'll need a month of farming for gear just to be able to kill uber izaro. I have pathfinder Bv wormblaster with endgame optimized flask charge gain/used from last season and it's no longer working.
you also failed to realize you must reposition alot in certain boss fights to avoid being killed off by world 1 shot mechanic, you must constantly move around and when you do, you lose your vinktar because you aren't shooting, just 1 hit from boss and some minor damage from his mobs while your vinktar is empty, it's lights out and gone. Also this entire build revolves around Skyforths. Believe me, if you don't have skyforth your dps goes down by 70%, because you must use a ring slot for nothing and you also have to sacrifice a damage gem for powercharge one, you can't get powercharges from bosses any other way. if you use a secondary skill for it, again, vinktar, reposition, lights are out. I tested this build in breach and in standard it's not the same, minimum 80-100 ex gear needed.
"
Rinzlow wrote:
you also failed to realize you must reposition alot in certain boss fights to avoid being killed off by world 1 shot mechanic, you must constantly move around and when you do, you lose your vinktar because you aren't shooting, just 1 hit from boss and some minor damage from his mobs while your vinktar is empty, it's lights out and gone. Also this entire build revolves around Skyforths. Believe me, if you don't have skyforth your dps goes down by 70%, because you must use a ring slot for nothing and you also have to sacrifice a damage gem for powercharge one, you can't get powercharges from bosses any other way. if you use a secondary skill for it, again, vinktar, reposition, lights are out. I tested this build in breach and in standard it's not the same, minimum 80-100 ex gear needed.

if you don't have skyforth, you should be using completely different tree,
and completely different mindset of how to scale damage.

i'm using life version of this build, i have much much higher damage than CI specs(with same dps items that i'm using)i'm not using pcharges.

as i said earlier, "more" damage gems not only multiply base damage they multiply each other too, that's why this build has so high damage. and all the 6 gems in barrage setup is multiplier of each other.
when you have very large X-Y damage pool, all the "more" damage gems multiply each other dramatically.

the way of getting high dps in this build is NOT going through having high crit damage/ or crit chance. i tested this with wasting hundreds of regrets many times since patches.
if you don't have skyforth, you should be focusing on projectilce damage nodes, you would have same damage in the end.(thats why my life base build has better damage than CI build specs with same gear i do have)

if you gonna make the same tree of skyforth based build, you'd end up having very low dps for sure. i'd go for assasins mark + blasphemy in non skyforth version to compensate lack of crit chance if i were you.

math here for what i've tried to explain
:

Spoiler
lets say you have 100 damage,
you get 20% increased projectile damage,

ele focus 50% buff, ppad is 50% buff(-10% IAS too but let's ignore it for more user friendly math ha?)

your 100 would become without proj nodes, (100 x 1.5) x 1.5: 225
your 120 with proj damage from tree would be (120 x 1.5) x 1.5: 270

that +20 become, +45 thanks to multiplier gems. with 6 gems that even 20% increased damage makes big diffeerence in tooltip)

since crit multiplier nerfed in this game big time, going crit chance and maximizing crit chance is not the best solution to scale damage high. those were 1.2-1.3 patch days.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Dec 28, 2016, 3:32:42 AM
after "nerf" the only adjustment necessary is that having 20% lewss flask charges used node on belts, and getting duration flask nodes from tree, without those(if you are not using holy düper elite version of this buld) this build can't get easy peasy T16 deathless viable.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Hey Guys,
a short Question to bow crafting.
I made this one by myself and crafted Attack Speed on it, but i saw people crafting increased phys on it, also it had already this mod. Or would maybe multiple mods be the way to go?

Thank u
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
Hey Guys,
a short Question to bow crafting.
I made this one by myself and crafted Attack Speed on it, but i saw people crafting increased phys on it, also it had already this mod. Or would maybe multiple mods be the way to go?

Thank u

clear suffixes first - proj speed,(prefixes cannot be changed + scour)
then advance to multimod, attack speed + crit chance,

i'm not sure if it's worth though.
Last edited by Rupenus on Dec 28, 2016, 5:46:43 AM
I've given up on this build, I feel like trying to craft your own harbinger is insanely expensive, whoever tries this build, learn from my mistake and just go for the 5L Reach, even then it feels subpar to some other builds.
"
dxn817 wrote:
I've given up on this build, I feel like trying to craft your own harbinger is insanely expensive, whoever tries this build, learn from my mistake and just go for the 5L Reach, even then it feels subpar to some other builds.

I was hoping to find a great CI Bow Build with this one, but the last comments seems that
its not worth to try it..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info