[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

"
Janus171 wrote:
Ok since there is some misleading information, or if you want alternative facts as it's called today, let's show you guys some numbers of the Barrage DPS and a conclusion about the build.

Thank you for that analysis.

Your gear is absolutely freaking insane and as a baseline has twice as much dps as what is shown on the page. What would you say is the total cost of it?

What is the cost of the build on page 1 and finally what is the cost of your build + brood twin and the mirrored amulet so we can get a cost vs dps baseline.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 21, 2017, 2:50:16 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

Your gear is absolutely freaking insane and as a baseline has twice as much dps as what is shown on the page. What would you say is the total cost of it?

What is the cost of the build on page 1 and finally what is the cost of your build + brood twin and the mirrored amulet so we can get a cost vs dps baseline.

As a cost breakdown:
- My gear: 120 ex for the bow, 40 ex quiver, 30 ex helm, 100 ex for a similar ammy, 30 ex Skyforths, 3 ex Belt, 7 ex gloves, 60 ex for the flasks. I would guess you can get two good rings for 100 ex each too, even though mine were a lot more expensive and selfcrafted. I doubt there is a better ring than my Tempest Eye though for this build. Overall, including decent jewels, we're probably in the region of about 600 ex roughly.

- If you replace my bow by Brood Twine and the ammy by Vengeance Collar, you're most likely around 1K exas.

- The example gear posted might be around 70 ex, but I could have guessed that wrong without those insane gloves though (but with 6L Bow and 6L chest, plus nonlegacy flasks, decent helm, jewelry with legacy multi etc).

All these are standard values!

As a general hint, you REALLY need:
- a very good bow. IMO RotC is shit for this build, you want a 400+ pDPS Harbinger.
- gear with ES, resists and accuracy. This is gonna be expensive as fuck!
- next problem is the +2 barrage helm with 400+ ES (~30+ ex) and +1 arrow Signal Fire (~35-40 ex) which make 30% of your build's DPS by the 3 arrows they add
- flask-wise you can run nonlegacy Vinktar, nonlegacy ToH, Dying Sun, Atziri Flask and Diamond Flask, that should only cost you like 10 ex.

IMO this can be played life-based too, I might try that soon if it works.

Edit: Corrected values.
IGN: @JanusHuntress

Thanks GGG for caring so much about your players: https://redd.it/57wexj
Last edited by Janus171 on Feb 21, 2017, 3:14:48 PM
"
Janus171 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

As a cost breakdown:
- My gear: 120 ex for the bow, 40 ex quiver, 30 ex helm, 100 ex for a similar ammy, 30 ex Skyforths, 3 ex Belt, 7 ex gloves, 60 ex for the flasks. I would guess you can get two good rings for 100 ex each too, even though mine were a lot more expensive and selfcrafted. I doubt there is a better ring than my Tempest Eye though for this build. Overall, including decent jewels, we're probably in the region of about 600 ex roughly.

- If you replace my bow by Brood Twine and the ammy by Vengeance Collar, you're most likely around 1K exas.

- The example gear posted might be around 70 ex, but I could have guessed that wrong without those insane gloves though (but with 6L Bow and 6L chest, plus nonlegacy flasks, decent helm, jewelry with legacy multi etc).

All these are standard values!

As a general hint, you REALLY need:
- a very good bow. IMO RotC is shit for this build, you want a 400+ pDPS Harbinger.
- gear with ES, resists and accuracy. This is gonna be expensive as fuck!
- next problem is the +2 barrage helm with 400+ ES (~30+ ex) and +1 arrow Signal Fire (~35-40 ex) which make 30% of your build's DPS by the 3 arrows they add
- flask-wise you can run nonlegacy Vinktar, nonlegacy ToH, Dying Sun, Atziri Flask and Diamond Flask, that should only cost you like 10 ex.

IMO this can be played life-based too, I might try that soon if it works.

Edit: Corrected values.

so 70 exalt = 1 million dps
600 exalt = 2 million dps
1000 exalt = 4 million dps

Is this a fair estimate?
"
Rupenus wrote:

you wanna make a gg guide?

its possible to make a immortal life barrage build with zerphi + mom and damage taken gained as mana% rings. you just gotta use mana multiplier jewel. your dps would drop but you'd definitely be immortal during zerphi time which is like forever.

Why would I want that? I just dislike how certain people here give others misleading information and thus luring them into playing shit chars because they expect something different.

And if that wasn't clear enough, yes, by different I mean better. This is a Brood Twine promo thread, not much more. With gear for 1K+ ex you should faceroll content. And yet there are faster bosskillers that cost a fraction of this, and safer builds too. The clearspeed is good with good gear, and it's fun to play, thats for sure. It's just not a build you can run without investing a lot of currency.

"
Nephalim wrote:

so 70 exalt = 1 million dps
600 exalt = 2 million dps
1000 exalt = 4 million dps

Is this a fair estimate?

Probably yes, most likely 70 ex is still too low given two 6-Links, a decent Harb, Skyforths and high ES gear. It only shines with investment.
A build with a million DPS and merely 9K ES then is nothing special for 70 ex, but ofc some people here will say I am totally wrong ^^ but then I would rather run Blade Vortex or Flameblast for a lot less.

Last edited by Janus171 on Feb 21, 2017, 3:24:42 PM
Seems like a huge gap between 70 and 600. What is the dps if you slapped on brood twine onto the 70 ex build?
For the record, Janus's evaluation of pricing is pretty on point. I kind of make a reference to that, since temp league pricing can definitely look a lot different than in Standard.

Like this ring:

2 Exalted in Essence League Week 1 ish (I modded and Divined later), way more than that in Standard today. Not as gg as his ring but does the job well, yet if I were to roll that into the cost of my build I'm certainly not going to say it's a 2 Ex ring in Standard terms
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Feb 21, 2017, 3:29:59 PM
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
For the record, Janus's evaluation of pricing is pretty on point. I kind of make a reference to that, since temp league pricing can definitely look a lot different than in Standard.

Like this ring:

2 Exalted in Essence League Week 1 ish (I modded and Divined later), way more than that in Standard today. Not as gg as his ring but does the job well, yet if I were to roll that into the cost of my build I'm certainly not going to say it's a 2 Ex ring in Standard terms

Just curious how much you would value that ring for on standard?
"
Nephalim wrote:
Seems like a huge gap between 70 and 600. What is the dps if you slapped on brood twine onto the 70 ex build?

Path of Building shows 275K DPS with example gear, but Brood Twine instead of the random Harbinger. That's still with 300 ES gloves, legacy vinktar and then 84% chance to hit though ^^

Assuming you dont have a +1 arrow Signal but you do have a +2 barrage helm, we'd be at like 2.48 million DPS for like 400 ex then. I would not prefer that over my gear though because the accuracy is gonna kill you.

About that really nice Diamond Ring two posts above, I am sure you can get close to 100 ex for that.

Last edited by Janus171 on Feb 21, 2017, 3:34:23 PM
"
Janus171 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Path of Building shows 275K DPS with example gear, but Brood Twine instead of the random Harbinger. That's still with 300 ES gloves, legacy vinktar and then 84% chance to hit though ^^

Assuming you dont have a +1 arrow Signal but you do have a +2 barrage helm, we'd be at like 2.48 million DPS for like 400 ex then. I would not prefer that over my gear though because the accuracy is gonna kill you.

Is there a certain threshold where the performance vs cost ratio is ideal? Given 300 exalts, what is the most dps you can get while still having 88% accuracy and 9000 or more ES?

I'm mostly asking if brood twine is a worthwhile net gain at the 300-400 exalt threshold.
"
Nephalim wrote:

Is there a certain threshold where the performance vs cost ratio is ideal? Given 300 exalts, what is the most dps you can get while still having 88% accuracy and 9000 or more ES?

I'm mostly asking if brood twine is a worthwhile net gain at the 300-400 exalt threshold.

Personally if I wanted to build up this with highest possible cost effectiveness, I would
- get Glyph Mark for ~200 ex (40 less pDPS result in 23K per arrow with the example gear, 252K showing in PoB) and Skyforths
- get decent jewelry like
(in my sales tab if you want that) and a helm like
as well as an ammy with phys, WED and multi which most likely also cost 50 ex (nonlegacy multi).
- save on belt and gloves, there is also an option to run Maligaros with Ele Weakness or so.
- save on jewels, 4 damage slot jewels will cost you a kidney.

Overall in my opinion with a budget of 500 ex you're most likely looking at 3 million DPS roughly. The biggest downside for me is the lack of ES, 10K is nice but if you misplay or miss the barrage shots, you're dead. Especially annoying is the Chimera cause you lack a good move skill. Maybe taking Decoy Totem in would help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info