[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

"
thedoldivic wrote:
"
loonger wrote:
"
thedoldivic wrote:
Do not know what it'm doing wrong, I made a tree like yours, even got the nod of mana regen, but I can not keep mana, using some flasks and do not have to keep mana. I need to improve the glove and boot, but your do not have mana regen. I can kill monster 1 hit, but the mana drain is high and regen mana is low

Check the updated Play Style session and the gem link session for more information. General advice is that: DO NO SPAM flameblast; and do not use CE for mapping. You can use Reduced Mana Cost for the 6th link if you don't get use to the "Hit once, hit hard" playstyle yet. :D

Ok, will swap Controled destrucion for reduced mana. if i cannt use FB to kill all mobs, then clear is slow. i want find the balance for this.
loonger, please, u can make some videos with u playstile? i need see

Recording video may not be viable on the PC lol. May try later. :)

A tip about mana management: do not spam flameblast. You don't need to spam it anyway, either in mapping or in boss fights. And use at least one elreon ring.
Last edited by loonger on Oct 4, 2016, 4:22:04 PM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Started playing around with a sixth link and was wondering what other people's preference is. For me, faster casting - inc burning damage - empower - inc AoE. I have a lvl 4 empower and it doesn't "feel" much stronger than a 5 link. Faster casting allows me to move a fraction sooner on bosses and normal mapping it just feels smoother.

To the OP, I'm thinking about getting Hex Master and Holy Fire instead of Alchemist and the socket next to it. What's your thought?

Hi. Holy Fire does not worth it coz it only scale the burn. Fire/elemental dmg which are double-dipped are the way to go.

Hex Mater used to be good. However in Atlas the curse effectiveness got a heavy nerf on bosses. So might not worth it now.

One jew slot can easily provides more than 25% d-dipped dmg (fire, area, generic dmg) which is huge. In addition you can get some reduced mana/str/dex/cast speed. Jew slots are pretty powerful.

In short, the damage of the current tree is already high enough really. No need to worry about it. :)
Last edited by loonger on Oct 4, 2016, 9:10:16 PM
Oct. 5, 2016. Updated three versions (Base/Agility/DPS) of skill tree. Added a question regarding DPS in the Q&A session. Added tips for the Phoenix fight.
Last edited by loonger on Oct 5, 2016, 12:34:07 AM
Hey. What do you think about this similar tree? http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAVhBQU1EQWdBQWZkLUs2UUpMcmhzbDJWdHRHWmYwVWxNOVg1ZVZUTFBRSC1fclJYNE9YR3I2SXZSc0M1TW43NGo1TjlmUFNiRl94bFpqaHE0VjF5eV83QmhHMTN4TGNZVnlENVJ2OE5WSlVaVXVCeDRkVHk2VWw0VTA5eUd3d2NXLWlxRXZuYTQyeGRna1ZraUZiZFdCSk5pbkt6VzVFVkNFU0Z4cncyMzMxNnlZOFd3MjJFa2JLbzNzVllfNjBOQmZhc3JUdEF6cXVnMThWOGtvLXJpVEhOeVBHdXZ1cHdnRGRaRXJXSGRmQkJwczVDTFZwbVpVaFh2c09CYnpMNTA4QllMSC1laG84bVA5ZXVheFFvdDZBV19pOXlZODk4R1dkTGFHN1NEdFBKbzduOV92ZklLYmFIVGFZaGhXMnJtWXJXdDZ5TDlHVXZ4TWtQcmZiVXlMNzBzPQAIQUFBQUFRQUEAAA==

Are double golems better than 25% firepen from the ascendency?

"
Ren wrote:
Hey. What do you think about this similar tree? http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAVhBQU1EQWdBQWZkLUs2UUpMcmhzbDJWdHRHWmYwVWxNOVg1ZVZUTFBRSC1fclJYNE9YR3I2SXZSc0M1TW43NGo1TjlmUFNiRl94bFpqaHE0VjF5eV83QmhHMTN4TGNZVnlENVJ2OE5WSlVaVXVCeDRkVHk2VWw0VTA5eUd3d2NXLWlxRXZuYTQyeGRna1ZraUZiZFdCSk5pbkt6VzVFVkNFU0Z4cncyMzMxNnlZOFd3MjJFa2JLbzNzVllfNjBOQmZhc3JUdEF6cXVnMThWOGtvLXJpVEhOeVBHdXZ1cHdnRGRaRXJXSGRmQkJwczVDTFZwbVpVaFh2c09CYnpMNTA4QllMSC1laG84bVA5ZXVheFFvdDZBV19pOXlZODk4R1dkTGFHN1NEdFBKbzduOV92ZklLYmFIVGFZaGhXMnJtWXJXdDZ5TDlHVXZ4TWtQcmZiVXlMNzBzPQAIQUFBQUFRQUEAAA==

Double golem is highly preferred. It effectively gives +60% d-dip damage. The final dps will be close the 25% fire pen. Be noticed that "penetration" and "reducing resistance" are DIFFERENT. Penetration only works on the initial hit. It does NOT double dip.

In addition to the DPS boost, double golem gives additional +18% cast speed and grant golems immunity to elemental damage. It's a no-brainer for this build.
Hi i try to made a flameblast since i like that spell and so converted my Flicker Oro to Flameblast.
My fb is low level for now but the problem is in survivabilty
I can see that you don't take Ghost Reaver or Eldritch battery......so how you defend beside Enfeblee?

I feel too squishy

My equip
Spoiler

My Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAA18ES8RUBXXFecYXRhqGyUc3B1PHdkfGCGwIvQo-ilPKo0rCiy_LpQy0TT3Nbk22DwFPO89X0NURUdFfEZSSRtJsUuuTLNQQlH7UlNTNVRHVkhWY1fJWAdd8mZUaPJremwLbRlzs3gvfEt85X_Gga-Cm4V7hq6IQow2jHaPGo9GkPqTJ5Z0l4WXlZeXl_SYrZo7m6GePJ7En9-hL6a-pwinK6yYrfGxBbQMtUi4k7jQvorAZsHFyL_K080W0B_UB9fP2CTZW9o63I3fbd-K6QLquutj6-7sGOw47FXvfO-I7-vwa_Fs9HH31_k3_Ew=

Last edited by Redvex on Oct 5, 2016, 1:56:59 AM
"
Redvex wrote:
Hi i try to made a flameblast since i like that spell and so converted my Flicker Oro to Flameblast.
I can see that you don't take Ghost Reaver or Eldritch battery......so how you defend beside Enfeblee?

I feel too squishy

My equip
Spoiler

My Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAA18ES8RUBXXFecYXRhqGyUc3B1PHdkfGCGwIvQo-ilPKo0rCiy_LpQy0TT3Nbk22DwFPO89X0NURUdFfEZSSRtJsUuuTLNQQlH7UlNTNVRHVkhWY1fJWAdd8mZUaPJremwLbRlzs3gvfEt85X_Gga-Cm4V7hq6IQow2jHaPGo9GkPqTJ5Z0l4WXlZeXl_SYrZo7m6GePJ7En9-hL6a-pwinK6yYrfGxBbQMtUi4k7jQvorAZsHFyL_K080W0B_UB9fP2CTZW9o63I3fbd-K6QLquutj6-7sGOw47FXvfO-I7-vwa_Fs9HH31_k3_Ew=

Hi. You can check the survivability discussion in the Q&A session. In short:
1. use TC instead of Enfeeble. As a CI who has over 10k ehp you dont get one shot easily. TC is a HUGE survivability boost.
2. Take the golem ascendancy node to have two golems that are immune to elemental dmg.
3. Use Decoy totem for tough situation.

The play style requires some skills. But don't worry. Just give it sometime. After you get use to it and level gems to high level, everything runs smoothly. :D
Last edited by loonger on Oct 5, 2016, 2:03:58 AM
"
loonger wrote:
"
Redvex wrote:

I feel too squishy

My equip
Spoiler

My Tree
Spoiler

Hi. You can check the survivability discussion in the Q&A session. In short:
1. use TC instead of Enfeeble. As a CI who has over 10k ehp you dont get one shot easily. TC is a HUGE survivability boost.
2. Take the golem ascendancy node to have two golems that are immune to elemental dmg.
3. Use Decoy totem for tough situation.

The play style requires some skills. But don't worry. Just give it sometime. After you get use to it and level gems to high level, everything runs smoothly. :D

I'm running Tri curse Enfeblee/Warlord(for mana with orbstorm) and Temporal chain.
My ES is around 9800

I was thinking to take Ghost Reaver to use with doryani leech....what do you think?
I got insta gibbed at pit of chimera boss shadow fase..anyone have some advice for me.

i tried run away orb of storm, and 10 stack FB on him, but before i can do that he is in my face...
"
loonger wrote:
"
Ren wrote:

Double golem is highly preferred. It effectively gives +60% d-dip damage. The final dps will be close the 25% fire pen. Be noticed that "penetration" and "reducing resistance" are DIFFERENT. Penetration only works on the initial hit. It does NOT double dip.

In addition to the DPS boost, double golem gives additional +18% cast speed and grant golems immunity to elemental damage. It's a no-brainer for this build.

Thanks, what do you think about the rest of the passive tree differences? Why would you prefer yours?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info