[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

Do not know what it'm doing wrong, I made a tree like yours, even got the nod of mana regen, but I can not keep mana, using some flasks and do not have to keep mana. I need to improve the glove and boot, but your do not have mana regen. I can kill monster 1 hit, but the mana drain is high and regen mana is low
"
thedoldivic wrote:
Do not know what it'm doing wrong, I made a tree like yours, even got the nod of mana regen, but I can not keep mana, using some flasks and do not have to keep mana. I need to improve the glove and boot, but your do not have mana regen. I can kill monster 1 hit, but the mana drain is high and regen mana is low

Check the updated Play Style session and the gem link session for more information. General advice is that: DO NO SPAM flameblast; and do not use CE for mapping. You can use Reduced Mana Cost for the 6th link if you don't get use to the "Hit once, hit hard" playstyle yet. :D
Hey man ur build is awesome i didn't think i could have so much fun with flameblast. I was able to 1shot bosses up to t 13 and some t 14 . I was wandering if using Vaal Flameblast in the remaining gem slot would be a good choice . I read that burning damage stacks from different sources , are flameblast and vaal flameblast considered different sources or not? Timing it right you could hit with both FB and VFB at the same time :D
"
Crucerio wrote:
Hey man ur build is awesome i didn't think i could have so much fun with flameblast. I was able to 1shot bosses up to t 13 and some t 14 . I was wandering if using Vaal Flameblast in the remaining gem slot would be a good choice . I read that burning damage stacks from different sources , are flameblast and vaal flameblast considered different sources or not? Timing it right you could hit with both FB and VFB at the same time :D

Huge part of the damage comes from the ignite, which is not stackable. So putting another Vaal FB will give very little damage boost even if the two FB hit at the same time. :D

But for fun, you may try to put Vaal Righteous Fire on the six-link to share the other 4-link with the Flameblast. Vaal RF will give like 4x times higher damage than a 10-stack FB. But be careful that after the casting you will only have 1 ES remained. So unless you have leech and taking VP and Ghost Reaver, Vaal RF is only for fun. :D
I'm partying with a friend doing this build, and with 20/20 FB, 21/20 fire pen and 20/20 chance to ignite (and the other gems) he isn't doing the expected damage. I don't know if it's because of being two or what, but doing 10 stacks of FB does some damage but not even near what you describe in the build. The trio of Atziri don't die neither. What could be wrong?
"
KurthDeimos wrote:
I'm partying with a friend doing this build, and with 20/20 FB, 21/20 fire pen and 20/20 chance to ignite (and the other gems) he isn't doing the expected damage. I don't know if it's because of being two or what, but doing 10 stacks of FB does some damage but not even near what you describe in the build. The trio of Atziri don't die neither. What could be wrong?

The CD is missed. In addition, CE is too huge of a dps boost to miss. Also, make sure you link the two curse on QoS correctly. And take EO, EE, Flame golem, use the right weapon, etc.

In short, details of setup are all in the main thread. Every detail matters. The build has been thoroughly planed and pretty much min-maxed in terms of the skill tree and gem setup. That's why the gear requirement is so low. Make sure your friend check all the details correctly. :)

Btw, just did a twined Shaped Arena T13 today. One shot, 6 bosses died. It was so hilarious.
Last edited by loonger on Oct 4, 2016, 11:46:00 AM
"
loonger wrote:
"
KurthDeimos wrote:

The CD is missed. In addition, CE is too huge of a dps boost to miss. Also, make sure you link the two curse on QoS correctly. And take EO, EE, Flame golem, use the right weapon, etc.

In short, details of setup are all in the main thread. Every detail matters. The build has been thoroughly planed and pretty much min-maxed in terms of the skill tree and gem setup. That's why the gear requirement is so low. Make sure your friend check all the details correctly. :)

Btw, just did a twined Shaped Arena T13 today. One shot, 6 bosses died. It was so hilarious.

I just didn't want to write it all, but that's all in the build. I just can think of being a 2-man map and scaling a lot in health/defenses... but damn, it doesn't even compare to your stories.
"
loonger wrote:
"
thedoldivic wrote:

Check the updated Play Style session and the gem link session for more information. General advice is that: DO NO SPAM flameblast; and do not use CE for mapping. You can use Reduced Mana Cost for the 6th link if you don't get use to the "Hit once, hit hard" playstyle yet. :D

Ok, will swap Controled destrucion for reduced mana. if i cannt use FB to kill all mobs, then clear is slow. i want find the balance for this.
loonger, please, u can make some videos with u playstile? i need see
Started playing around with a sixth link and was wondering what other people's preference is. For me, faster casting - inc burning damage - empower - inc AoE. I have a lvl 4 empower and it doesn't "feel" much stronger than a 5 link. Faster casting allows me to move a fraction sooner on bosses and normal mapping it just feels smoother.

To the OP, I'm thinking about getting Hex Master and Holy Fire instead of Alchemist and the socket next to it. What's your thought?
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Oct 4, 2016, 1:37:43 PM
"
KurthDeimos wrote:
"
loonger wrote:
"
KurthDeimos wrote:

I just didn't want to write it all, but that's all in the build. I just can think of being a 2-man map and scaling a lot in health/defenses... but damn, it doesn't even compare to your stories.

Haved carried some 2-man parties in crazy T15 such as Core with triple dmg mod+burning ground+no regen, or Twinned Darreso with Vul + -15%max resist + TC etc. No problem at all. If you feel like the damage if a problem, it can be either because the setup is problematic, or because the play style just does not suit you. It is OK to drop the build if it doesn't suit you. :)
Last edited by loonger on Oct 4, 2016, 4:35:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info