[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

Thanks a lot man, today 10/23 i killed The shaper on EHC.
The only changes I made in his build was in the ascendancy, which changed the pendulum by paragon of calamity to help me in HC.

Spoiler
"
Thanks a lot man, today 10/23 i killed The shaper on EHC.
The only changes I made in his build was in the ascendancy, which changed the pendulum by paragon of calamity to help me in HC.

Spoiler

Congrats on the kill, and the sword!
"
"
loonger wrote:
"
Hi i have some question about the build:

1/Why do you choose conflux and proliferation when flameblast has such a huge radius and high ignite chance?

2/What do you think about using Atziri's Splendour and the Vertex? I am having a lot of mana problem even using Dark Seer and only have Clarity up

3/ How does Elemental Overload trigger? As far as I know you have no crit chance

1. Flameblast doesn't have an inherent ignite chance. You only need 1-3 stack FB for mapping which doesn't have "huge radius".
2. Rare gears with high ES are good enough. You can try Splendour though. You can check the question regarding mana management in the Q&A sessionn.
3. Every skill has a base crit chance. Both OoS / FB can crit.

1. Sorry if i wasn't clear. I mean that you have a very high ignite chance from the ignite support gem and the passive tree. And since the build is revolve around fire damage and ignite, while do you need freeze and shock conflux

3. Flameblast has Controlled Destruction so it can't crit and OoS only hav 5% crit chance. I just wondering if it is good enough to keep EO up 100% of the time since the crit chance is so low

1. Conflux is an ascendency node. You don't have the "choice" to pick "ignite conflux" only.

3. The weapon has some crit chance. The enchant on helmet and boots also provide extra crit chance. Even without the enchants OoS can proc EO quite often.
Last edited by loonger on Oct 23, 2016, 10:47:50 PM
"
1/Why do you choose conflux and proliferation when flameblast has such a huge radius and high ignite chance?

"
loonger wrote:

1. Flameblast doesn't have an inherent ignite chance. You only need 1-3 stack FB for mapping which doesn't have "huge radius".

"

1. Sorry if i wasn't clear. I mean that you have a very high ignite chance from the ignite support gem and the passive tree. And since the build is revolve around fire damage and ignite, while do you need freeze and shock conflux

"
loonger wrote:

1. Conflux is an ascendency node. You don't have the "choice" to pick "ignite conflux" only.

Just to add to this :

1. The ascendancy node is called "Shaper of desolation". You need to take this to get to the next Ascendancy node "Beacon of ruin" which spreads elemental effects (i.e. ignites) to other mobs. This allows you to drop the "Elemental proliferation support" Gem that you need to use until you get this node. Of course, the "shaper of desolation" node is good too - given that it increases damage / has elemental conflux including ignite almost 50% of the time (6 seconds in every 16).

"
zedzed_uk wrote:
"

"
loonger wrote:

"

"
loonger wrote:

Just to add to this :

1. The ascendancy node is called "Shaper of desolation". You need to take this to get to the next Ascendancy node "Beacon of ruin" which spreads elemental effects (i.e. ignites) to other mobs. This allows you to drop the "Elemental proliferation support" Gem that you need to use until you get this node. Of course, the "shaper of desolation" node is good too - given that it increases damage / has elemental conflux including ignite almost 50% of the time (6 seconds in every 16).

Thanks for the explanation. :D
Hey,
just wanted to say thanks for the guide, currently following it and enjoying the pizzablast (after an unsuccessful crit fireball ignite build where I made the mistake of going life based)

Question for jewels (sorry if asked before, couldn't find it), do you know if stats other than fire damage double dip for the ignite? I asked around in global and got the usual mass confusion and derailed conversation about how mechanics work that no one can agree on (surprising amount of 40/40 people who have no idea what double dipping is).

For example, a jewel with % area damage increase, I get that it increases the initial hit (so bigger ignite) but does it double dip since the ignite is based from an AoE skill?
Fire damage/elemental damage on the tree is always best because it double dips, but I'm not sure for the other damage mods.
"
Namcap wrote:
Hey,
just wanted to say thanks for the guide, currently following it and enjoying the pizzablast (after an unsuccessful crit fireball ignite build where I made the mistake of going life based)

Question for jewels (sorry if asked before, couldn't find it), do you know if stats other than fire damage double dip for the ignite? I asked around in global and got the usual mass confusion and derailed conversation about how mechanics work that no one can agree on (surprising amount of 40/40 people who have no idea what double dipping is).

For example, a jewel with % area damage increase, I get that it increases the initial hit (so bigger ignite) but does it double dip since the ignite is based from an AoE skill?
Fire damage/elemental damage on the tree is always best because it double dips, but I'm not sure for the other damage mods.

Hi. It's briefly mentioned in the Gear session. The following affix are double dipping:

1. increased fire damage
2. increased elemental damage
3. increased area damage (yes, this one d-dips)
4. increased damage
First, thanks for the guide!
I have a small question here. I checked the wiki page of Summon Lightning Golem and it says:
Golems grant (6-9)% increased Attack and Cast speed
However, you mentioned golem gives you 18% cast speed in highlights section (in the build section), so I would like to know what causes this difference? Thanks.
"
shimosha_lin wrote:
First, thanks for the guide!
I have a small question here. I checked the wiki page of Summon Lightning Golem and it says:
Golems grant (6-9)% increased Attack and Cast speed
However, you mentioned golem gives you 18% cast speed in highlights section (in the build section), so I would like to know what causes this difference? Thanks.

Ascendency double golem effect and also u can summon one more golem
How much is your DPS tooltip? (the stage 1 one, just so I look if I'm going the right way)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info