[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

"
Just oneshot 2P party Minotaur with the ultimate move. Damage verified.

Will you be posting more info about this? From your screenshot I gather that you weapon swap to a searing touch? I can't make out the sixth link.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
Just oneshot 2P party Minotaur with the ultimate move. Damage verified.

Will you be posting more info about this? From your screenshot I gather that you weapon swap to a searing touch? I can't make out the sixth link.

Hi. More details can be found in the same session. The sixth link is Vaal Rightous Fire. :D
"
Hi. More details can be found in the same session. The sixth link is Vaal Rightous Fire. :D

LoL, I was way off base. I had it in my mind that you used a separate 6 link setup. Got it now, thanks, I'll give it a go.
My "Stacks are over-rated" tree.

I just walk and pop one flameblast, prolif does the rest of the job.

Gear

Jewels are dmg/fire dmg & reduced mana cost, I don't use

For when people open ele-ref maps on public. Although I get away with only using one stack, just being cautious as I don't want to lose 10% :)

For no regen maps things work great as I only need 1-2 stack but if the mods suck so bad I can switch to this. And swap temp chains w/ clarity for lowered regen maps but didn't feel the need so far. Even in 4+ man parties, T14+ maps.

Was Trickster before but using a gem slot for prolif started to bug me as it sucks D and has 140% multiplier. But on another note Vaal RF worked wonders with Trickster as I had 85% faster start of energy shield recharge. And with Patient Reaper on top I was regening 10% es and recharging 60% es per second. Evasion/Es gear seemed so expensive so I rerolledto an elementalist.

Also tried Inc. Burn. Dmg as 6th link... Can't justify how good this gem is.. I didn't feel any difference. A level 2 empower felt a lot better than a 20/20 inc. burn. dmg gem.
Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704
Last edited by ta3boo on Oct 9, 2016, 5:45:33 PM
Just want to say thank you for this build.

Killed shaper on my first try with 4 deaths and all guardians deathless.

This build is amazing. Haven't had so much fun and challenge in a while.

Thank you so much.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Is this a good enchant to keep for this build?

Hey Loonger, what a build this is. Very satisfying popping big groups, and one-shotting twin bosses all over. Breezing through T13/14/15 stuff now and generally only die to my own stupidity (which is rampant!). I know that Ghost Reaver isn't used, but can you explain a bit more why? You said the leech from Doryanis is "peanuts". A similar FB Ignite elementalist build to yours has it, and on his video it appears like one flameblast is enough to very rapidly fill his ES back up from big 6 to 10k hits. Seems very useful.

It's clearly not necessary, as several of you have downed Shaper without it, but for a player like me who plays clumsily (A problem with any game, I'm simply not as good as many gamers at keeping my situational awareness while doing the right thing all the time.), is the 3 point investment worth a bit less damage?

Sometimes maps with desecrate or fiery ground are infuriating while I try to find hard-to-see corner to refill the ES.
"
ImSlower wrote:
Hey Loonger, what a build this is. Very satisfying popping big groups, and one-shotting twin bosses all over. Breezing through T13/14/15 stuff now and generally only die to my own stupidity (which is rampant!). I know that Ghost Reaver isn't used, but can you explain a bit more why? You said the leech from Doryanis is "peanuts". A similar FB Ignite elementalist build to yours has it, and on his video it appears like one flameblast is enough to very rapidly fill his ES back up from big 6 to 10k hits. Seems very useful.

It's clearly not necessary, as several of you have downed Shaper without it, but for a player like me who plays clumsily (A problem with any game, I'm simply not as good as many gamers at keeping my situational awareness while doing the right thing all the time.), is the 3 point investment worth a bit less damage?

Sometimes maps with desecrate or fiery ground are infuriating while I try to find hard-to-see corner to refill the ES.

I personally think it's pretty worthwhile together with the leech enchant on boots. Improves survivability and enables you to do zero regen maps with only the occasional mana pot. You can save the few points allocated to essence surge as well.
Re-specced my 93 witch and bought some gear, just shy of 13k es, considering running 2x vaal disciplines with an increased duration instead of decoy totem. My current strength on gear could only support a lvl 15 totem. I know totem is good, but I think I'd rather have two powerful vaal disc's. Opinions?
"
machine5 wrote:

Patch 2.4.1
Shaper now immune to ignite.

Kappa

Of course they nerfed it. It seems if there is a build that can do shaper it's time for a nerf. GGG???? My complaint is I have twenty or so builds and because of nerfs none of them can run end game content. Spent six hours today looking for a new build to get to end game content on. Might be time to consider doing something else.
Last edited by jscobeetoo on Oct 10, 2016, 4:36:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info