[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

ah shit, yeah just noticed that. i think my cwdt was lvl 19 and my damn golem was 20
Hi there o/

I haven't played Flameblast since... long time ! Before lockstep has come i think ! So first i'd like to thank you for this guide because i wouldn't have had the fun like in these old days o/ (before the multiple fb nerfs)

The output damage is wonderfull, enough to say that the nerf had to come because with those ascendancy boost would be clearly "too much".

I'm not following exactly your build, but globally not that far either.

I got a few questions and ideas for ya and peoples around here !

######
First for you : why do you use chance to ignite support gem ?

Maybe we don't play the same way but versus big boss i'm always trying to proc FB with conflux meaning all damage shock/chill/burn. Having the OoS next to the boss, he is shock and chilled when i release the kra.. flameblast. For other stuff than boss, no need burning damage, everything is already ashes.
So yeah, that ignite gem intrigues me.

As long as i don't get why you use that gem, i do like in old times and play spell ech... arf no doesn't work anymore ( :D ) i play Faster Casting which help for all fights (map clearing, set bigger aoe for some random events like essences or box, very fast to stack 10 for dangerous bosses).

And considering my style of play - waiting for conflux and having OoS next to boss - i was considering using an Hypothermia support gem, just have to check that i can have decent dexterity but i think it'll fit. If i'm waiting for conflux even my OoS or Vaal lightning trap (i don't use it right now, lazy to change gems :p ) will chill the target and so we'd have a nice 39% more damage (doble dipt too right ? ). I'm just not sure if big boss (guardians / shaper, didn't try them yet) would be chilled before first FB proc.
######

I have no problem with defenses right now, 10K ES (low budget gear) is enough up to t14, i don't even use blasphemy TC and decoy totem yet lol, overkilling stuff is a nice defence ! :p

I've just had a CWDT + Immortal Call +inc duration in the doryani's catalyst as it's the only str/int piece i have (so easy 3 red). Golems are manually cast. It's quite a great QoL.

######

Is there anyway to know when Pendulum of Destruction is up except than maintaining FB and waiting for it AoE to expand ? (or to have stat pannel open and watch the dps changes) I thought i'd had a buff icon like the one of conflux, i'm a bit disappointed because i like to set up my fb trap : wait for conflux & pendulum, having shock/golem/OoS in right place, boss comes and KABOOM.

######

Items i have in mind that could work with this build :
-doble Hearthbreaker switch : you talked about it for culling, but i also see a "10% faster start of energy shield recharge", can be a good help for people having hard time with their ES
(and the item cost nothing)
-Soul strike quiver : same than hearthbreaker, it has 150% faster start of ES recharge, but with lower recharging rate
-energy from withing jewel : add some fat ES. All those 3 items can help for survivability (HC ?)
-doble consuming dark switch : don't cost much anymore, just for reflect map ! If you don't want to throw away your corrupted red maps with elem reflect
-doble doryani : some have talk about it, doble 132% elem damage+cast speed that doble dip for burning damage... burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. We loose a "little" bit of ES/resists, but that damage...
-spell totem support gem : it's red, we got a red socket in our 5/6L FB, it releases his own flameblast and if it dies it releases his flameblast too. Why am i talking about that ? Reflect elem maps. :p Tried it for some dangerous map i didn't want to waste (red corrupted) and in fact it can be helpfull for some stuff (i cast it sometimes when i have a bad box or essence in a bad place on a bad map). I don't keep the gem, it's in my inventory and i swap it times to times. It works so good i intend to get back in HC with dual FB totems ! >.>

Super rich budget : considering you could have your 6L, OP ES/resists stuff and some shapers boots, especially those boots, we can get away our chayula right ? How would be to have a corrupted Ngamahu Tiki with +1 curse (so you can remove a doedre's damning ring) and use that nice 50-70% increased fire damage ? (doble dip too right ?). There was some nice Talismans amulett too with fire damage and random rare mods, but for now would be veryyyyyyy expansive and have to wait for those items return.
Last edited by CaMarchePas on Oct 8, 2016, 3:41:23 AM
"The super secret ultimate 6-link" oneshots Abyss map boss (gem level 17, btw). it was white map, so no extra life on him or extra damage, just did a quick run to test it. feelsgoodman
Never forget - "With dexterous feet and steady eye, stones and arrows pass you by"
Edit: Deleted Uber Lab rants and questions. Paid for a fast run so I never have to go back. God damn do I hate the lab.

Your VRF explosion sounds like a pretty awesome finishing move. If I ever save up for a 6L, I'll be eager to play around with it. This build continues to be enormously satisfying, exploding any bosses I find. I do get random one-shots from not flasking off a Bleeding affix, or failing to notice the Reflect packs. Up to 13s now, slowly buying my way higher.
Last edited by ImSlower on Oct 8, 2016, 5:35:46 PM
Your phase 3 leveling tree makes no sense lol
Tree fixed. Might be some error when pasted it from a builder. Thanks for the notice.
"
CaMarchePas wrote:
Hi there o/

I haven't played Flameblast since... long time ! Before lockstep has come i think ! So first i'd like to thank you for this guide because i wouldn't have had the fun like in these old days o/ (before the multiple fb nerfs)

The output damage is wonderfull, enough to say that the nerf had to come because with those ascendancy boost would be clearly "too much".

I'm not following exactly your build, but globally not that far either.

I got a few questions and ideas for ya and peoples around here !

######
First for you : why do you use chance to ignite support gem ?

Maybe we don't play the same way but versus big boss i'm always trying to proc FB with conflux meaning all damage shock/chill/burn. Having the OoS next to the boss, he is shock and chilled when i release the kra.. flameblast. For other stuff than boss, no need burning damage, everything is already ashes.
So yeah, that ignite gem intrigues me.

As long as i don't get why you use that gem, i do like in old times and play spell ech... arf no doesn't work anymore ( :D ) i play Faster Casting which help for all fights (map clearing, set bigger aoe for some random events like essences or box, very fast to stack 10 for dangerous bosses).

And considering my style of play - waiting for conflux and having OoS next to boss - i was considering using an Hypothermia support gem, just have to check that i can have decent dexterity but i think it'll fit. If i'm waiting for conflux even my OoS or Vaal lightning trap (i don't use it right now, lazy to change gems :p ) will chill the target and so we'd have a nice 39% more damage (doble dipt too right ? ). I'm just not sure if big boss (guardians / shaper, didn't try them yet) would be chilled before first FB proc.
######

I have no problem with defenses right now, 10K ES (low budget gear) is enough up to t14, i don't even use blasphemy TC and decoy totem yet lol, overkilling stuff is a nice defence ! :p

I've just had a CWDT + Immortal Call +inc duration in the doryani's catalyst as it's the only str/int piece i have (so easy 3 red). Golems are manually cast. It's quite a great QoL.

######

Is there anyway to know when Pendulum of Destruction is up except than maintaining FB and waiting for it AoE to expand ? (or to have stat pannel open and watch the dps changes) I thought i'd had a buff icon like the one of conflux, i'm a bit disappointed because i like to set up my fb trap : wait for conflux & pendulum, having shock/golem/OoS in right place, boss comes and KABOOM.

######

Items i have in mind that could work with this build :
-doble Hearthbreaker switch : you talked about it for culling, but i also see a "10% faster start of energy shield recharge", can be a good help for people having hard time with their ES
(and the item cost nothing)
-Soul strike quiver : same than hearthbreaker, it has 150% faster start of ES recharge, but with lower recharging rate
-energy from withing jewel : add some fat ES. All those 3 items can help for survivability (HC ?)
-doble consuming dark switch : don't cost much anymore, just for reflect map ! If you don't want to throw away your corrupted red maps with elem reflect
-doble doryani : some have talk about it, doble 132% elem damage+cast speed that doble dip for burning damage... burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. We loose a "little" bit of ES/resists, but that damage...
-spell totem support gem : it's red, we got a red socket in our 5/6L FB, it releases his own flameblast and if it dies it releases his flameblast too. Why am i talking about that ? Reflect elem maps. :p Tried it for some dangerous map i didn't want to waste (red corrupted) and in fact it can be helpfull for some stuff (i cast it sometimes when i have a bad box or essence in a bad place on a bad map). I don't keep the gem, it's in my inventory and i swap it times to times. It works so good i intend to get back in HC with dual FB totems ! >.>

Super rich budget : considering you could have your 6L, OP ES/resists stuff and some shapers boots, especially those boots, we can get away our chayula right ? How would be to have a corrupted Ngamahu Tiki with +1 curse (so you can remove a doedre's damning ring) and use that nice 50-70% increased fire damage ? (doble dip too right ?). There was some nice Talismans amulett too with fire damage and random rare mods, but for now would be veryyyyyyy expansive and have to wait for those items return.

Thanks for your feedbacks! The suggestions are highly appreciated! :D

Regarding the Chance to Ignite gem: It provides huge QoL which eventually resuilts in higher effective DPS. The sooner mobs are ignited the higher effective DPS you get. Normally the char doesn't "wait" to cast FB. She just casts it and bosses die. No need to wait for the conflux (except for the ultimate 6-link move). In addition, most guardians and Shaper cannot be chilled or shocked (unless they are on the shocking ground of VLT).
"
ImSlower wrote:
Edit: Deleted Uber Lab rants and questions. Paid for a fast run so I never have to go back. God damn do I hate the lab.

Your VRF explosion sounds like a pretty awesome finishing move. If I ever save up for a 6L, I'll be eager to play around with it. This build continues to be enormously satisfying, exploding any bosses I find. I do get random one-shots from not flasking off a Bleeding affix, or failing to notice the Reflect packs. Up to 13s now, slowly buying my way higher.

Glad you enjoy it. :D Make sure you have picked the Proliferation ascendancy point before the 4th Lab.

The bleeding effects especially the corrupted blood mod can be annoying and dangerous. Sometimes the char kills too many mobs with corrupted blood so quickly that she got tons of bleeding debuff on her. Carrying a flask that can remove bleeding is a must.
Updated more details about the ultimate move.

Updated jews in the Gears session.
Just oneshot 2P party Minotaur with the ultimate move. Damage verified.
Last edited by loonger on Oct 9, 2016, 5:39:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info