[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

"
Cador2 wrote:
thank you CliffAhead

i bought the axe and the boots:

i have 9 c left.... do you think it is worth to change my chest to a 5 link? is it really that much better to have a 5l?
what should i put in there?

what should i do with the 2 4links?

i only do 8.2 k damage with the new gem setup with poison, before i did 16k. is poison worth that loss?

what is the defence of this build? a mix of armour and evasion?

i find it super hard with a budget to upgrae my gear.. if i change smth than my res is not capped anymore...

Norse himself has commented on your gear, so i'd like to touch on something else, your skill gem setups.

re: leap slam. add in a blood magic (red gem) or faster attack (green gem) for more mobility. since you're using hezmana now, blood magic is not needed.

re: ancestral warchief. replace added fire damage with increased melee physical damage. this build scales with melee physical, as the aftershock from EQ is multiplicative from melee physical, not elemental(fire) damage.

re: tooltip damage. poison damage is not shown in the tooltip, but it scales off your melee physical damage. and it benefits from "lesser duration" support skill gem. did you notice that mobs were dying alot faster, even though your tooltip shows a 50% decrease in damage?

once you get a cospri's will, you'll swap Poison for Rapid Decay.

re: Ancestral Warchief, replace added fire damage with Melee Physical Damage skill gem.

re: curse. you're not running any curses. go to library in Act 3, and get the following gems -> Blasphemy + Temporal Chains + Vulnerability

Temporal chains is a defensive option, while Vulnerability is an offensive option. Since you do not have Cospri's Will right now, you can only choose to run 1 curse. i see that you're running both Hatred and Herald of Ash for raw damage boost, but i think running 1 Aura + 1 Curse will give you better results. May i suggest Herald of Ash (for overkill AOE) and Temporal Chains (for survivability). After Cospri's Will, you'll want to drop both auras and run 2 curses.

re: misc. are levelling other skill gems in your Weapon Swap? (hotkey: X). it'll be a good idea to level an extra set of skill gems (Earthquake, Increase Melee Physical Damage, Concentrated Effect, etc). When your skill gem hits Level 20(Max), sell the skill gem WITH 1x Gemcutter's Prism to any vendor, and you will get a Level 1 skill gem with +20% Quality. in the long run this gives you more damage boost. levelling extra skill gems in your weapon swap allows you to always have a high level skill gem to use, and eventually, when all your skill gems are Level 20 and +20% Quality, you can always throw a Vaal Orb on them to try to get Level 21-23 on the skill gem.

re: currency farming. What tier maps are you running now? if you're low on currency, doing the chaos recipe is a good, albeit slow, way to get richer.

Chao Recipe from POE Wiki
Spoiler
Full Rare Sets
These recipes require a full set of rare items. A full set is capable of filling all item slots in the inventory screen (not including flasks, the alternate weapon set, or a quiver). Specifically, it consists of:

One of the following:
Two-Handed Weapon (including bows, quiver not required) ×1
One-Handed Weapon ×1 and Shield ×1
One-Handed Weapon ×2
Shield ×2
Helmet ×1
Body Armour ×1
Gloves ×1
Boots ×1
Belt ×1
Amulet ×1
Ring ×2
"
anton2k4 wrote:
Finally did my first T15 map. It's a milestone for me as I play completely solo and my map pool is completely self-found. did corrupted dark forest map with relatively painless mods (no temp chains, no added damage mods) and did it pretty smoothly. I'm at the stage where I can start min-maxing the character and i hope some of you would be able to give some pointers on what to look for. here is my current gear and skill tree:

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAASzBS0HdQmWC2EMcA0fDjwTTBQgFE0UcRXsF-EYkRo4IVUhYCb4Jy8nnymlLlMxnjWSOQ46UjrhO7Y8BTwoPC09_ECgQYdHfk3jTjJQR1dUWGNZ814TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnZ5toZWjycql07XTxdqx4enrve3R82YIHg1-DzITZhO-Fp4ZghrSHaoqzivCMz5BVk6iXeZy-ogClNaZXqSeplKyqrY2uPq5Qr2yygLc-uR28n702vqfAZsCmxPbGrsqQz37Tb9i92Xzawdw95FHpRuoY7w7vTu988B_yQfJF8931YfZI9zL46_xL_gr-jw==?accountName=anton2k4&characterName=Pagpumalagupak

I decided to go for the iron reflexes as i felt that evasion is a bit too spiky for my tastes. considering how fast we leech, i feel that mitigating the stronger hits and leeching it back is better than taking a death when evasion's entropy mechanics decides to troll me. I might take the endurance charge nodes but i'm not sure if it's worth the loss of life.

currently sitting at 6.4k life, 7.6k armor. EQ DPS on a 5-link at 17.7k, 6l AW dps at 42.1k.

RE: CWDT. replace molten shell with vortex for more survivability. we don't scale with spell damage so molten shell does nothing for us.

other than that i don't see any real upgrades to your gear (besides the obvious 5L=>6L) i guess what's left is incremental upgrades from poe.trade
Spoiler

Not sure where to go from here... sitting at lvl 90 and dying way too much in t14+

Everything seems to cost a truck ton...

Will 6l on disfavor be that much of a change?

Last edited by Siliticx on Apr 24, 2017, 12:48:19 AM
"
Siliticx wrote:
Spoiler

Not sure where to go from here... sitting at lvl 90 and dying way too much in t14+

honestly i think your gear is better than mine. (check my profile)

i dare say it's a matter of playstyle. are you facetanking everything?

drop the AW in front, EQ the ground near AW, and kite. you should take no damage.

if you face porcupines, divide and conquer!

looking at your skill tree now, may i suggest:

replaced Wrecking Ball for Executioner for more damage, attack speed is not that important
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0JlgthDHAOPBLhE0wUIBRNFHEV7BfhGJEaOCFVIWAm-CcgJy8nnyz7LdIuUzGeNZI5DjpSOuE7tjwtQKBHfk3jTjJQR1dUWfNeE18_YSFhUmRSZU1lp2ebaGVo8m8ncql07XTxdqx4enrve3R82YIHg1-DzITZhO-Fp4ZghrSHaooiirOK8I9gkFWRzpOol3maap8-ogCi6qU1plepJ6mUrKqtja4-rlCvbLKAtz65HbvtvJ-9Nr6nwGbE9sauypDPftNv2L3ZfNrB5FHpRuoY7w7vTvAf8kXz3fVh9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P

Removed some damage nodes for more life nodes and endurance charge duration
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQGRBLMFLQmWC2EMcA48EuETTBQgFE0UcRXsF-EYkRo4IVUhYCb4JyAnLyefLPst0i5TMZ41kjkOOlI64Tu2PC1AoEd-TeNOMlBHV1RZ814TXz9hUmRSZU1nm2hlaPJvJ3KpdO108XaseHp673zZggeDX4PMhNmE74WnhmCGtIdqiiKKs4rwjM-PYJBVkc6S0JOol3maap8-ogCi6qU1plepJ6mUrKqtja4-r2yygLc-uR277byfvTa-p8BmxPbGrsqQz37Tb9i92XzaweRR6UbqGO8O707wH_JB8kXz3fVh9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P

Removed all endurance charge related, +1 jewel socket
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0Jlgm7C2EMcA48E0wUIBRNFHEV7BfhGJEaOCFVIWAm-CcgJy8nnyz7LlMxnjWSOQ46UjrhO7Y8LT38QKBHfknVTeNOMlBHV1RZ814TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnZ5toZWjybydyqXTtdPF2rHh6eu97dHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74WnhmCGtIdqiiKKs4rwjM-PYJBVk6iXeZpqogClNaZXqSeplKyqrY2uPq5Qr2yygLc-uR28n702vqfAZsT2xq7KkM9-02_Yvdl82sHkUelG6hjvDu9O8B_yQfJF82_z3fVh9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
anton2k4 wrote:
Finally did my first T15 map. It's a milestone for me as I play completely solo and my map pool is completely self-found. did corrupted dark forest map with relatively painless mods (no temp chains, no added damage mods) and did it pretty smoothly. I'm at the stage where I can start min-maxing the character and i hope some of you would be able to give some pointers on what to look for. here is my current gear and skill tree:

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAASzBS0HdQmWC2EMcA0fDjwTTBQgFE0UcRXsF-EYkRo4IVUhYCb4Jy8nnymlLlMxnjWSOQ46UjrhO7Y8BTwoPC09_ECgQYdHfk3jTjJQR1dUWGNZ814TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnZ5toZWjycql07XTxdqx4enrve3R82YIHg1-DzITZhO-Fp4ZghrSHaoqzivCMz5BVk6iXeZy-ogClNaZXqSeplKyqrY2uPq5Qr2yygLc-uR28n702vqfAZsCmxPbGrsqQz37Tb9i92Xzawdw95FHpRuoY7w7vTu988B_yQfJF8931YfZI9zL46_xL_gr-jw==?accountName=anton2k4&characterName=Pagpumalagupak

I decided to go for the iron reflexes as i felt that evasion is a bit too spiky for my tastes. considering how fast we leech, i feel that mitigating the stronger hits and leeching it back is better than taking a death when evasion's entropy mechanics decides to troll me. I might take the endurance charge nodes but i'm not sure if it's worth the loss of life.

currently sitting at 6.4k life, 7.6k armor. EQ DPS on a 5-link at 17.7k, 6l AW dps at 42.1k.

RE: CWDT. replace molten shell with vortex for more survivability. we don't scale with spell damage so molten shell does nothing for us.

other than that i don't see any real upgrades to your gear (besides the obvious 5L=>6L) i guess what's left is incremental upgrades from poe.trade

thanks for the suggestions. I opted for molten shell due to the additional armor and damage absorption it does. i'll play around with vortex and see how it goes.
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
Siliticx wrote:
Spoiler

drop the AW in front, EQ the ground near AW, and kite. you should take no damage.

replaced Wrecking Ball for Executioner for more damage, attack speed is not that important
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0JlgthDHAOPBLhE0wUIBRNFHEV7BfhGJEaOCFVIWAm-CcgJy8nnyz7LdIuUzGeNZI5DjpSOuE7tjwtQKBHfk3jTjJQR1dUWfNeE18_YSFhUmRSZU1lp2ebaGVo8m8ncql07XTxdqx4enrve3R82YIHg1-DzITZhO-Fp4ZghrSHaooiirOK8I9gkFWRzpOol3maap8-ogCi6qU1plepJ6mUrKqtja4-rlCvbLKAtz65HbvtvJ-9Nr6nwGbE9sauypDPftNv2L3ZfNrB5FHpRuoY7w7vTvAf8kXz3fVh9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQGRBLMFLQmWC2EMcA48EuETTBQgFE0UcRXsF-EYkRo4IVUhYCb4JyAnLyefLPst0i5TMZ41kjkOOlI64Tu2PC1AoEd-TeNOMlBHV1RZ814TXz9hUmRSZU1nm2hlaPJvJ3KpdO108XaseHp673zZggeDX4PMhNmE74WnhmCGtIdqiiKKs4rwjM-PYJBVkc6S0JOol3maap8-ogCi6qU1plepJ6mUrKqtja4-r2yygLc-uR277byfvTa-p8BmxPbGrsqQz37Tb9i92XzaweRR6UbqGO8O707wH_JB8kXz3fVh9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0Jlgm7C2EMcA48E0wUIBRNFHEV7BfhGJEaOCFVIWAm-CcgJy8nnyz7LlMxnjWSOQ46UjrhO7Y8LT38QKBHfknVTeNOMlBHV1RZ814TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnZ5toZWjybydyqXTtdPF2rHh6eu97dHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74WnhmCGtIdqiiKKs4rwjM-PYJBVk6iXeZpqogClNaZXqSeplKyqrY2uPq5Qr2yygLc-uR28n702vqfAZsT2xq7KkM9-02_Yvdl82sHkUelG6hjvDu9O8B_yQfJF82_z3fVh9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P

I don't see what nodes you removed in the 2nd one. Only those you added :/

SO youre saying I should be a LOT more careful and run the fuck away?
"
anton2k4 wrote:
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
anton2k4 wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

thanks for the suggestions. I opted for molten shell due to the additional armor and damage absorption it does. i'll play around with vortex and see how it goes.

molten shell gives a flat armour and flat amount of damage absorption
vs
vortex slows the mob, kinda like a pseudo-temporal chain. scaling into high tier maps you'll find that the damage mitigation from vortex is wayyyyyyy better than molten shell.
"
Siliticx wrote:
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
Siliticx wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't see what nodes you removed in the 2nd one. Only those you added :/

SO youre saying I should be a LOT more careful and run the fuck away?

in the 2nd skill tree i suggested, IIRC, i removed splitting strikes.

RE: being more careful. i'm don't know your playstyle, but basically this was my experience:
i was facetanking everything in white/yellow maps, until i started doing red maps (everything was with atziri's disfavour) i realised that i was dying like once every 2-3 maps and that it wasn't working out. at that time i already have 80% of my current gear.

it was the fire storm boss in the battleground tileset (twinned mod) that made me realise i should just kite and let AW do the work. so instead of facetanking everything, i'd drop AW in front of me, EQ the ground (to proc poison and bleeding) and just kite around the totem.
downed both bosses in under a min, no damage taken. that was with my 5L AW. you have a 6L AW.

THEN i realised i should do the same even for mapping. EQ will never achieve the same clearspeed like vaal spark / vaal fireball / other clearspeed meta builds out there, so it's not wise to try to push for more clear speed in exchange for the risk of dying.

now, i still die from time to time, but that's consciously knowing that i got lazy and just leap slam into a full pack of nemesis mobs + shrine mobs and standing in poison and on shocked ground. that's noobish, but that's me haha.

try paying some attention to how exactly you play when mapping.
do you drop your AW on big packs?
do you constantly pop lion's roar/writhing jar?
i have a basalt flask for more physical damage reduction.
for mapping, lion's roar + writhing jar is constantly used. for bosses, basalt shine for me.

a side note, what's your hotkey mapping like? optimising my hotkeys (by watching norse's video and paying attention to his hotkeys) doubled my clear speed.

edit1: just noticed your jewel slots are missing + %max life.
Last edited by CliffAhead on Apr 24, 2017, 8:55:58 PM
Hey everyone.

Many thanks for the build.I'm at lvl 65 right now, i have my cospri and devoto in stock waiting for the lvl 68.

My weapon is Kaom's Primacy.

2 questions :

For boots, as Atziri +1gems are expensive, is it better to go rare with MS / Life / Res or Atziri without +1 gems ?

As my weapon didn't provide Bleeding, anything i can do to apply it ?
"
CliffAhead wrote:

a side note, what's your hotkey mapping like? optimising my hotkeys (by watching norse's video and paying attention to his hotkeys) doubled my clear speed.

Can you please detail more about the hotkey optimization, how exactly are you doing and what's your hotkeys?

I also have a question about jewels. Having in consideration we deal only physical damage, which scale also to bleed and poison, does it matter what kind of increase damage we have on our jewels(increase damage, increase physical damage, increase melee damage, increase area damage)? What will be the difference between them?
Last edited by bibanul on Apr 25, 2017, 4:42:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info