[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
Cador2 wrote:
[...]

Norse himself has commented on your gear, so i'd like to touch on something else, your skill gem setups.

re: leap slam. add in a blood magic (red gem) or faster attack (green gem) for more mobility. since you're using hezmana now, blood magic is not needed.

re: ancestral warchief. replace added fire damage with increased melee physical damage. this build scales with melee physical, as the aftershock from EQ is multiplicative from melee physical, not elemental(fire) damage.

re: tooltip damage. poison damage is not shown in the tooltip, but it scales off your melee physical damage. and it benefits from "lesser duration" support skill gem. did you notice that mobs were dying alot faster, even though your tooltip shows a 50% decrease in damage?

once you get a cospri's will, you'll swap Poison for Rapid Decay.

re: Ancestral Warchief, replace added fire damage with Melee Physical Damage skill gem.

re: curse. you're not running any curses. go to library in Act 3, and get the following gems -> Blasphemy + Temporal Chains + Vulnerability

Temporal chains is a defensive option, while Vulnerability is an offensive option. Since you do not have Cospri's Will right now, you can only choose to run 1 curse. i see that you're running both Hatred and Herald of Ash for raw damage boost, but i think running 1 Aura + 1 Curse will give you better results. May i suggest Herald of Ash (for overkill AOE) and Temporal Chains (for survivability). After Cospri's Will, you'll want to drop both auras and run 2 curses.

re: misc. are levelling other skill gems in your Weapon Swap? (hotkey: X). it'll be a good idea to level an extra set of skill gems (Earthquake, Increase Melee Physical Damage, Concentrated Effect, etc). When your skill gem hits Level 20(Max), sell the skill gem WITH 1x Gemcutter's Prism to any vendor, and you will get a Level 1 skill gem with +20% Quality. in the long run this gives you more damage boost. levelling extra skill gems in your weapon swap allows you to always have a high level skill gem to use, and eventually, when all your skill gems are Level 20 and +20% Quality, you can always throw a Vaal Orb on them to try to get Level 21-23 on the skill gem.

re: currency farming. What tier maps are you running now? if you're low on currency, doing the chaos recipe is a good, albeit slow, way to get richer.

Chao Recipe from POE Wiki
Spoiler
Full Rare Sets
These recipes require a full set of rare items. A full set is capable of filling all item slots in the inventory screen (not including flasks, the alternate weapon set, or a quiver). Specifically, it consists of:

One of the following:
Two-Handed Weapon (including bows, quiver not required) ×1
One-Handed Weapon ×1 and Shield ×1
One-Handed Weapon ×2
Shield ×2
Helmet ×1
Body Armour ×1
Gloves ×1
Boots ×1
Belt ×1
Amulet ×1
Ring ×2

WOW thank you soooo much for this incredible response! that is the feedback i was looking for to understand the game even more!

so here are some questions that i have after reading your response:

re: ancestral warchief. replace added fire damage with increased melee physical damage. this build scales with melee physical, as the aftershock from EQ is multiplicative from melee physical, not elemental(fire) damage.

i understand that earthquake aftershock scales with phys dmg. but why does this matter for the totem? or do you mean because the totem increases meele dmg that it is better to give the totem also a melee dmg gem

re: tooltip damage. poison damage is not shown in the tooltip, but it scales off your melee physical damage. and it benefits from "lesser duration" support skill gem. did you notice that mobs were dying alot faster, even though your tooltip shows a 50% decrease in damage?

soo the less duration works, even if the poison is applyed throug the cospiris will and the curse?

i only have 1 green slot, would you use rapid decay or faster attacks?

i will have to build my blasphemie curse setup now... it is really better to have 2 curses as auras than to run the auras and do the curses manually?

thanks a lot for the tipp with the lvl 20 gems... never used this before!

again a big thank you for your help! this game is hard for new people to understand, because everything connects to each other, so having a response on my own char is super super helpful.

i will post my gear which i have upgraded below:

Last edited by Cador2 on Apr 25, 2017, 9:49:03 AM
If someone could review that post :)

Many thanks for the build.I'm at lvl 66 right now, i have my cospri and devoto in stock waiting for the lvl 68.

My weapon is Kaom's Primacy 4L, must work on the 5L

2 questions :

For boots, as Atziri +1gems are expensive, is it better to go rare with MS / Life / Res or Atziri without +1 gems ?

As my weapon didn't provide Bleeding, anything i can do to apply it ?
"
Isdrydge wrote:
Hey everyone.

Many thanks for the build.I'm at lvl 65 right now, i have my cospri and devoto in stock waiting for the lvl 68.

My weapon is Kaom's Primacy.

2 questions :

For boots, as Atziri +1gems are expensive, is it better to go rare with MS / Life / Res or Atziri without +1 gems ?

As my weapon didn't provide Bleeding, anything i can do to apply it ?

Kaom's primacy will carry you until Hezmana's or straight up Atziri's Disfavour

re: boots. atziri's steps offer 30%MS and chance to dodge spell. it's a little bit of survivability boost, but rare boots with MS/life/resist is perfectly ok as well. i recently swapped out my atziri's step for a pair of rare boots (check my profile if you need)

re: bleeding. afaik, short of equipping a pair of Haemophilia gloves, or (that rings that causes bleeding, can't remember what it's called), there's no meaningful way to proc bleeding. as far as it goes, i'd say it's not worth replacing a ring slot to proc the bleeding. you can consider the Haemophilia gloves.
"
bibanul wrote:
"
CliffAhead wrote:

a side note, what's your hotkey mapping like? optimising my hotkeys (by watching norse's video and paying attention to his hotkeys) doubled my clear speed.

Can you please detail more about the hotkey optimization, how exactly are you doing and what's your hotkeys?

I also have a question about jewels. Having in consideration we deal only physical damage, which scale also to bleed and poison, does it matter what kind of increase damage we have on our jewels(increase damage, increase physical damage, increase melee damage, increase area damage)? What will be the difference between them?

re: hotkeys.
my previous setup was:
Spoiler
left click: EQ
right click:leap slam
middle click: vaal lightning trap
Q:(irrelevant)
W:normal attack
E:AW
R:enfeeble
T:temporal chain

my current setup is:
Spoiler
left click:move
right click: EQ
middle click: golem
Q: leap slam
W: vaal lightning trap
E: AW
R: enfeeble
T: temporal chain

the main difference was remapping the leap slam and EQ. it didn't make sense to me intially, but forcing myself to try out my current setup, i realised the gameplay feels so much smoother

re: jewels. iirc, increased damage double dips with poison and physical. the rest does not double dip. (i could be VERY wrong on this, please do your own research before investing in said jewels)
Last edited by CliffAhead on Apr 25, 2017, 10:44:51 PM
"
Cador2 wrote:
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
Cador2 wrote:
[...]

Norse himself has commented on your gear, so i'd like to touch on something else, your skill gem setups.

re: leap slam. add in a blood magic (red gem) or faster attack (green gem) for more mobility. since you're using hezmana now, blood magic is not needed.

re: Ancestral Warchief, replace added fire damage with Melee Physical Damage skill gem.

re: curse. you're not running any curses. go to library in Act 3, and get the following gems -> Blasphemy + Temporal Chains + Vulnerability

Temporal chains is a defensive option, while Vulnerability is an offensive option. Since you do not have Cospri's Will right now, you can only choose to run 1 curse. i see that you're running both Hatred and Herald of Ash for raw damage boost, but i think running 1 Aura + 1 Curse will give you better results. May i suggest Herald of Ash (for overkill AOE) and Temporal Chains (for survivability). After Cospri's Will, you'll want to drop both auras and run 2 curses.

re: misc. are levelling other skill gems in your Weapon Swap? (hotkey: X). it'll be a good idea to level an extra set of skill gems (Earthquake, Increase Melee Physical Damage, Concentrated Effect, etc). When your skill gem hits Level 20(Max), sell the skill gem WITH 1x Gemcutter's Prism to any vendor, and you will get a Level 1 skill gem with +20% Quality. in the long run this gives you more damage boost. levelling extra skill gems in your weapon swap allows you to always have a high level skill gem to use, and eventually, when all your skill gems are Level 20 and +20% Quality, you can always throw a Vaal Orb on them to try to get Level 21-23 on the skill gem.

re: currency farming. What tier maps are you running now? if you're low on currency, doing the chaos recipe is a good, albeit slow, way to get richer.

Spoiler
Full Rare Sets
These recipes require a full set of rare items. A full set is capable of filling all item slots in the inventory screen (not including flasks, the alternate weapon set, or a quiver). Specifically, it consists of:

One of the following:
One-Handed Weapon ×2
Shield ×2
Helmet ×1
Body Armour ×1
Gloves ×1
Boots ×1
Belt ×1
Amulet ×1
Ring ×2

WOW thank you soooo much for this incredible response! that is the feedback i was looking for to understand the game even more!

i understand that earthquake aftershock scales with phys dmg. but why does this matter for the totem? or do you mean because the totem increases meele dmg that it is better to give the totem also a melee dmg gem

soo the less duration works, even if the poison is applyed throug the cospiris will and the curse?

i will have to build my blasphemie curse setup now... it is really better to have 2 curses as auras than to run the auras and do the curses manually?

again a big thank you for your help! this game is hard for new people to understand, because everything connects to each other, so having a response on my own char is super super helpful.

re: AW. melee physical damage skill gem vs added fire damage skill gem. at L20/20%, melee physical damage provides a higher damage boost. also, the totem does physical damage by default. it'll be good to stick to pure physical due to map mod "reflects elemental damage". this build cannot do physical reflect, but elemental reflect is not an issue. restricting your totem to pure physical allows you to do "reflect ele damage" complete threat-free
edit1: iirc, if your jewel has "increased melee damage" it will apply to your totem as well.

re: poison. last you posted, your EQ was linked to poison support gem, which applies to EQ's 1st hit, and aftershock. in that manner, yes, lesser duration will work for both:
- time between ground smash animation and aftershock proc animation
- DoT of poison

re: rapid decay vs faster attack. rapid decay is better. faster attack does not proc aftershock at a faster rate, just "more aftershocks in a fixed time" we want the aftershock to proc faster as that's the bulk of our damage, and faster aftershock = lesser waiting for mobs to die = faster & smoother gameplay

re: blasphemy dual curse setup. absolutely dual auras. it's a massive QoL to NOT have to self-cast your curses. this build does not suffer from a lack of damage, but as with all life builds, survivability is the main concern. you can choose between 1 offensive + 1 defensive aura, or 2 defensive auras, depending on the tier of maps you're running and the map mods.

re: your upgraded gear (nicely done on the cospri's will btw)
your ruby ring can be upgrade for cheap (<10c)

your belt can be upgraded for cheap (<10c)

i wouldn't agree with your choice of gloves. frenzy gives 4% damage + 4% attack speed, which is minor in itself. power charge gives us nothing since we don't crit.

i assume you're taking it for the attack speed, but there are better stats you can get.
i did a poe.trade search with <10c buyout for:
- attack speed
- physical damage to attack
- max life
- elemental resist
http://poe.trade/search/nikarisekimasi

a lion's roar flask (<5c) and a writhing jar flask (<1c) is quite vital to the build. lion's roar gives a massive damage boost and gives knockback. this keeps the melee mobs at bay while you hammer them down.
writhing jar gives emergency life leech via overkill (slayer ascendancy)

replace the staunching life flask. slayer ascendancy gives "immune to bleeding while leeching", which is "all the time" for us.

you need a anti-freeze flask. when frozen you can't use any skills nor move away

i run a anti-ignite flask myself after a particularly bad experience lol.

regarding granite flask, you might wanna consider a basalt flask "20% additional Physical Damage Reduction" for more physical dmg mitigation

re: skill gem setup
i see that you have lightning golem, may i suggest flame golem for more dmg per hit. the attack speed is not a high priority

leap slam can be supported with Faster Attack for smoother mobility

CWDT can be paired with vortex.

blasphemy + curse can be boosted with Enhance

Vaal Lightning Trap works wonders in rushing down a boss, or used in breaches. the dmg boost from the mobs being shocked allows me to rush a T13 boss down in <5secs with lion's roar + AW + writhing jar
Last edited by CliffAhead on Apr 25, 2017, 10:41:28 PM
@Cador2
Spoiler
"
Cador2 wrote:
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
Cador2 wrote:
[...]

Spoiler
Full Rare Sets

One of the following:
One-Handed Weapon ×2
Shield ×2
Helmet ×1
Body Armour ×1
Gloves ×1
Boots ×1
Belt ×1
Amulet ×1
Ring ×2

hey, so i took a look at your current skill tree, and have the following suggestions to make.
1 point into "iron reflexes"
1 point into "vitality void"
replace "wrecking ball" into "executioner"
moved some stats nodes around
+20int
-10str
-4%attack speed

at this point, this is the skill tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0JlgthDHAOPBQgFHEV7BiRGjgaVSFVIWAnICmlLPst0jB3MZ41kjboOQ46UjrhPAU8LUCgR35N41BHWfNZ_l4TXz9hIWRSZU1lp2ebaGVo8m8ncql07XTxdqx4enrve3R82YIHg1-DzITZhO-GYIa0hymHaooiivCPYJBVl3maap8-ogClNaZXqSeplKyqrY2uPq5Qr2yygLc-uR28n702vqfAZsGjxBXE9sauypDPfti92XzaweJh5FHpRuoY6wnvDu988B_yRfPd9zL46_4K_o8=

assuming you're aiming for L90, that's 9 more skill points for you to invest.
also note that along your skill tree, there's big +30dex/int nodes for you to pick up if you're lacking those stats.

1. getting more life nodes, +30 dex
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0JlgthDHAOPBQgFE0UcRXsGJEaOBpVIVUhYCcgJy8ppSz7LdIwdzGeNZI26DkOOlI64TwFPC09_ECgR35N41BHWGNZ81n-XhNfP2EhZFJlTWWnZ5toZWjybydyqXTtdPF2rHh6eu97dHzZffWCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhmCGtIcph2qKIorwjM-PYJBVl3maap8-ogClNaZXqSeplKyqrY2uPq5Qr2yygLc-uR28n702vqfAZsGjxBXE9sauypDPfti92XzaweJh5FHpRuoY6wnvDu988B_yQfJF8932SPcy-Ov8S_4K_o8=

2. getting +1 jewel, replacing "Slaughter" with "Cleaving", getting more life nodes
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0JlgthDHAOPBNMFCAUTRRxFewX4RiRGjgaVSFVIWAm-CcgJy8ppSz7LdIuUzGeNZI26DkOOlI64TwFPC09_ECgR35N404yUEdYY1nzXhNfP2EhZFJlTWWnZ5toZWjybydyqXTtdPF2rHh6eu97dHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74ZghrSHKYdqiiKK8IzPj2CQVZd5mmqfPqIApTWmV6knqZSsqq2Nrj6uUK9ssoC3PrkdvJ-9Nr6nwGbEFcT2xq7KkM9-02_Yvdl82sHkUelG6hjrCe8O73zwH_JF8932SPcy-Ov8S_4K_o8=

3. getting more endurance charge-related
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQGRBLMFLQmWC2EMcA48EuEUIBRxFewYkRo4IVUhYCcgJy8ppSz7LdIwdzGeNZI5DjpSOuE8BTwtQKBHfk3jUEdZ81n-XhNfP2EhYVJkUmVNZadnm2hlaPJvJ3KpdO108XaseHp673t0fNl99YIHg1-DzITZhO-GYIa0h2qKIorwj2CQVZHOktCWbJd5mmqfPqIAouqlNaZXqSeplKyqrY2uPq5Qr2yygLc-uR277byfvTa-p8BmwaPEFcT2xq7KkM9-2L3ZfNrB4mHkUelG6hjrCe8O707vfPAf8kXz3fcy-Ov8S_4K_o8=

i see that you're trending towards more attack speed vs raw damage.
also, jewel slots offers alot more than you might expect.
overall, my personal preference is option 2
Many thanks for your support.

I will not consider Hemo gloves as i thinks it is too much loss for just apply Bleeding, i will not set Bloodlust on my future cospri for now (will loose too much rest and life i think).

As i have loose much components to have only RRBVV Cospri (don't have any 3R1B ...) i will set Blind on it for now.

I will take Atziri boots for now as there are cheap :)

Again many thanks for the support provide to Cador great explanations for me.

The AS on gloves are mandatory ?

EDIT : Kaom > Hez or not ? Is it worth invest 150 fuse to have 5L on kaom or better to buy a cheap Hez with 5L (20c) ?
Last edited by Isdrydge on Apr 26, 2017, 4:40:56 AM
"
Isdrydge wrote:
Many thanks for your support.

I will not consider Hemo gloves as i thinks it is too much loss for just apply Bleeding, i will not set Bloodlust on my future cospri for now (will loose too much rest and life i think).

As i have loose much components to have only RRBVV Cospri (don't have any 3R1B ...) i will set Blind on it for now.

I will take Atziri boots for now as there are cheap :)

Again many thanks for the support provide to Cador great explanations for me.

The AS on gloves are mandatory ?

EDIT : Kaom > Hez or not ? Is it worth invest 150 fuse to have 5L on kaom or better to buy a cheap Hez with 5L (20c) ?

re: AS on gloves. nope, not mandatory. it's a QoL (quality of life) but your primary concern should be:
- +max life
- +resistance
- +physical damage to damage
- + mana leech (this allows you to spec out of the Vitality Void area nodes

re: Kaom's Primacy vs Hezmana. it's way better to get Hezmana with 5L. slayer ascendancy provides the culling strike by default, and the physical dps of hezmana is high than kaom's primacy.
"
CliffAhead wrote:

replace "wrecking ball" into "executioner"

can you explain that?

executioners bones (low life) doesnt help because of the slayer special that kills on 20%
and we loose attack speed....

what did i miss? :)

edit: ok, i looked in path of building, it just gives me a little more dps with executioner :)
so i guess that is why...

so i learned that 16% attack speed are not as good as 14% dmg with this build
Last edited by Cador2 on Apr 26, 2017, 5:27:59 PM
What method are you guys using to get the 4R1G1B on the Cospri's chest?

Just curious on the best way before I start dumping a ton of currency in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info