[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

No Iron reflexes ???
If you could run a support with this build what would it be? If that answer is too awkward -- If you didn't need to run the dual blasphemy curse what would be the changes made to the build?

Leveling this now but I am playing with my Fiance and not sure what to replace, if anything. Or how to make her character really enhance this character. Thanks in advance for any advice/tips!!!
"So I've been exiled to this forgotten land of disease? I will show them what respect I deserve!"
www.twitch.tv/MythicalPlatypus
here i am once again :)

in your last reply to me you suggestet to exchange wreching ball with executioner, and slaughter with cleave.

i used path of building, and both changes decrease my dmg (both initial impact and aftershock)

am i missing the benefit of theese changes?

i also tried to change my belt and ring.... but for arround 20c i was not able to find a better combination (that still give me max resis and the needed dex)

i changed the tree to get the 3rd jewel and will now add the skill points in life nodes, as i die often in some maps....

i guess i am somewhat at the end of this build with the currency i have (70c)
Last edited by Cador2 on May 2, 2017, 7:32:56 AM
Hey everyone

Some questions for Norse or anyones who would like to help a new player :)

- Iron reflexe is not a good idea ?
- the build from the guide and the ones used by Norse is different, any reason ? (slight delta (no endurance node for example)
- I see that Norse don't use the same gems link for helm & gloves explained in the guide :

HELM : BALL LIGHTENING / BLIND / CWDT / ENDURING CRY >> miss immortal call ? better enduring cry on this one ?
GLOVES : BLOOD MAGIC / LEAP SLAM / CULLING STRIKE / FASTER ATTACK >> as i don't like the endugin charge when stun support as i don't think we stun often, the culling strike seems quite cool.

Your opinions ?
Hey guys, just wondering if there's any specific benefit of axes over, say, maces? Since getting a 6L coronal maul is easier in SSF.
"
Isdrydge wrote:
Hey everyone

- the build from the guide and the ones used by Norse is different, any reason ? (slight delta (no endurance node for example)
- I see that Norse don't use the same gems link for helm & gloves explained in the guide :

HELM : BALL LIGHTENING / BLIND / CWDT / ENDURING CRY >> miss immortal call ? better enduring cry on this one ?
GLOVES : BLOOD MAGIC / LEAP SLAM / CULLING STRIKE / FASTER ATTACK >> as i don't like the endugin charge when stun support as i don't think we stun often, the culling strike seems quite cool.

Your opinions ?

I personally went with the IR node as I wanted to lower the damage taken instead of the off chance that evasion's entropy mechanics one-shotting me when i get hit by a big phys hit but that's just me and my personal opinion.

as for the CWDT option, using enduring cry would be good if you're going for the IR+extra endurance nodes to boost defenses significantly. immortal call with without an increased duration on 4 endurance charges will last for just under 2 seconds. I prefer the vortex option as it synergizes well with the temp chain, though it only shines at melee range. ball lighting will be better against ranged mobs.

you don't need the culling strike on leap slam since you already have an implicit culling strike ability thanks to the slayer ascendancy. I'd suggest putting enduring cry instead if you don't have an unset ring or if you prefer casting it manually instead of having culling strike. you can also place fortify in your leap slam link if you want a more offensive 5L EQ instead -- EQ>Melee Phsy Dam>Reduced Duration>Inc AOE>Rapid Decay instead of fortify (assuming you're running cospri's. I ran this EQ setup until i hit level 92 and managed to 6L my disfavour). since fortify has a 5sec uptime and it will always proc thanks to RT, you can keep fortify up by leap slamming back to the boss after leap slamming out of its attacks or leap slamming into the middle of packs then using EQ
Last edited by anton2k4 on May 2, 2017, 10:31:03 AM
"
Cador2 wrote:
here i am once again :)

in your last reply to me you suggestet to exchange wreching ball with executioner, and slaughter with cleave.

i used path of building, and both changes decrease my dmg (both initial impact and aftershock)

am i missing the benefit of theese changes?

since you don't have the EQ duration enchant, switching to executioner will allow your aftershocks to hit harder, increasing bleed and poison DPS. the attack speed bonus from the wrecking ball path only affect the initial hit and it really only shines when your EQ aftershock is far faster than your EQ initial hit and you try to close that gap. However, i do feel that the executioner node itself is underpowered since the increased damage on low life will be rendered moot thanks to the culling strike we get from the ascendancy.

going with cleave allows you to go full phys without any dead stats since its pure damage and there are no wasted stats such as accuracy and onslaught on kill. while your hits will be slower in general, you will be doing larger DOT damage thanks to the harder-hitting aftershocks. just out of curiosity, what is your current EQ attack speed and EQ duration?

edited due to me my brain derping and misreading the quoted text i originally read it as changing cleave to slaughter which makes completely no sense.

in my case, when i remove my 30EQ duration helm enchant, path of building shows that going wrecking ball over executioner gives me +839 average damage compared to +621, +588 bleed dps compared to 435, 260 poison over 192.

taking cleaving over slaughter gives me +1247 average damave compared to 855, 871 bleed dps over 599, and 385 poison over 265. granted, bleed dps is moot since you don't apply bleed as you're using a hezmana, but you can see that average EQ damage and poison damage is higher
Last edited by anton2k4 on May 2, 2017, 11:23:16 AM
"
anton2k4 wrote:
"
Isdrydge wrote:
Hey everyone

Your opinions ?

I personally went with the IR node as I wanted to lower the damage taken instead of the off chance that evasion's entropy mechanics one-shotting me when i get hit by a big phys hit but that's just me and my personal opinion.

as for the CWDT option, using enduring cry would be good if you're going for the IR+extra endurance nodes to boost defenses significantly. immortal call with without an increased duration on 4 endurance charges will last for just under 2 seconds. I prefer the vortex option as it synergizes well with the temp chain, though it only shines at melee range. ball lighting will be better against ranged mobs.

you don't need the culling strike on leap slam since you already have an implicit culling strike ability thanks to the slayer ascendancy. I'd suggest putting enduring cry instead if you don't have an unset ring or if you prefer casting it manually instead of having culling strike. you can also place fortify in your leap slam link if you want a more offensive 5L EQ instead -- EQ>Melee Phsy Dam>Reduced Duration>Inc AOE>Rapid Decay instead of fortify (assuming you're running cospri's. I ran this EQ setup until i hit level 92 and managed to 6L my disfavour). since fortify has a 5sec uptime and it will always proc thanks to RT, you can keep fortify up by leap slamming back to the boss after leap slamming out of its attacks or leap slamming into the middle of packs then using EQ

Many thanks for your feedback and support, will review that with interest !
So is it really only a good idea to run Cospris once I have the disfavour?
Iv just started playing SSF for the first time and Iv chosen EQ, more specific this one EQ build.
It still should work without specific uniques right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info