[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

Is a -30% eq duration devotos really worth the cost? I don't want to spend 5ex on one tbh. Is it actually a massive upgrade?

edit: reading some threads it seems like the goal is to get the duration lower than the attack time (right now my EQ lasts 0.56 seconds and the attack time is 0.43 seconds, so I only get 1 aftershock for every 2 swings).

So I think 30% reduced duration would take it from 0.56 down to 0.39? Not sure if I'm doing this right, but then the duration would be less than attack time so then it's gg?

edit2: In case anyone is wondering, the enchant does give you 1 aftershock per swing. It still seems over-priced though, but it's a nice bonus.
20 degrees outside but toasty in the tunnel
Last edited by ishville on Oct 26, 2016, 6:06:38 PM
I am new player in poe and wonder how could poison be better than added fire even on bosses with 40/25 or 30/15 resistances? All my calculations end with added fire favor. Please explain me advantages of using poison support/
If your duration is longer than your attack period, every two swings you will do 109 * 2 + 159 = 377% weapon damage.

If your duration is shorter, every two swings will be (109 + 159) * 2 = 536% weapon damage.

536/377 = 1.42 = 42% MORE damage if your duration is shorter than your attack period. Think that's worth 5ex?
"
ishville wrote:
Is a -30% eq duration devotos really worth the cost? I don't want to spend 5ex on one tbh. Is it actually a massive upgrade?

5ex?

Well bro my Devotos cost 8ex and worth every penny!

My skill time is 0.34 seconds and attack time is 0.39

I use 21/20 EQ (not needed really, I just happened to Vaal one, and all others are 20/20.

One thing I HIGHLY recommend is level 4 enhance and 23 quality blas, vuln and temp chains. It is stupidly funny to see thing move in slow motion, and remember that is over 50% damage mitigation :)

This build is highly moblie, very survivable and does a ton of damage.

Unlike Norse I am totally crap and mechanics, so I die to Guardians and such often, but this build in the hands of someone who is better than me can pretty much do anything in the game without too much fuss.

It can be a struggle to get the DEX and INT you need, so plan carefully when it comes to amulet, rings and such.

You can budget this and Norse suggests, but honestly this build really comes alive when you pimp it up to Norse standards.
OCEANIC EXILES https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/581434
Last edited by VenGanZa9 on Oct 27, 2016, 4:13:53 PM
"
echorn wrote:
If your duration is longer than your attack period, every two swings you will do 109 * 2 + 159 = 377% weapon damage.

If your duration is shorter, every two swings will be (109 + 159) * 2 = 536% weapon damage.

536/377 = 1.42 = 42% MORE damage if your duration is shorter than your attack period. Think that's worth 5ex?

Thanks for clearing that up, appreciate it. That's actually great.

@venganza, I agree completely. My next purchase will probably be better curse gems. With super high quality temp chains nothing ever really hits me. It can take a couple seconds for enemy attack animations to finish, and by that time they are dead.
20 degrees outside but toasty in the tunnel
I don't see Ascendancy classes in this guide. Am I missing something?

Edit: Sorry nvm, it's in the skill spoiler.
Last edited by AlazlamDurai on Oct 28, 2016, 4:03:41 PM
"
I am new player in poe and wonder how could poison be better than added fire even on bosses with 40/25 or 30/15 resistances? All my calculations end with added fire favor. Please explain me advantages of using poison support/

Same question, guys can someone explain this?
Also, I'm running voidheart instead of poison gem(without cospri), is this make sense?
"
UsualNickname wrote:
"

Same question, guys can someone explain this?
Also, I'm running voidheart instead of poison gem(without cospri), is this make sense?

Poison damage double dips with area damage and vulnerability where elemental damages don't double dip so poison when built properly easily out damages elemental.
IGN: @Norse
Sorry to ask, but
i'm very new to this game and don't know how to leveling melee cha
what best gem to use.
Ground Slam - Heavy Strike - Earthquake.

EDIT:
Mind fart. Sunder, not Heavy Strike.
Last edited by ExiledPoe on Oct 31, 2016, 4:34:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info