[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

"
Another question for you Norse - if I wanted as much damage as possible and was willing to run Fortify on my Leap Slam instead of on EQ, what would my 6th link be for EQ then? Added chaos?

Build is coming along great so far, really smooth leveling and mapping once I got Devoto's and some good rare boots equipped, did merc lab at 68 no problem

Recommendation to anyone else starting this type of char - use Wideswing to level early on, then switch to Cauterizer until you get Disfavour. Both are very cheap (Wideswing is under 1c, a really well rolled Cauterizer cost me 8c) and make leveling until 75 easy and extra fast.

I'd say most likely melee damage on full life, with leech going we're at full life 80% of the time and It's a nice 50% more multiplier
IGN: @Norse
That could work, but doesn't that require you to have exactly 0 hp missing? I feel like that isn't very common even with overleech, considering any strong enough degen effects or non-evaded enemy hits would deactivate it. But I'll try it out and report if I notice significant DPS increases.

Also what do you think of this variation of your build?

poeurl.com/ORe

I was thinking about running that in order to have a very high damage or very high survivability curse setup with Vuln on Hit gloves, and then either TempChains/Punishment or TempChains/Enfeeble blasphemied.

I compared statistics between that build and your current one, and the main drawbacks I see are ~400 less HP and one less jewel slot, but other than that I don't see any real issues, and the extra curse would be huge IMO. What do you think?
Hey, how important is flat phys dmg actually on amu/rings compared to life and resis and stats? I was wondering if i drop my amulet for stats and sack the phys damage roll on it.

I think the rings arent rly exchangeable, but maybe, if the phys roll isnt as important as in other builds, i can drop one of em to get more stats/life.
Last edited by FknZipZap on Oct 19, 2016, 7:38:54 PM
I think they're pretty important (de-equipping my 10 physical damage ring drops my EQ DPS tooltip by over 2k), and you have a pretty good phys roll on your ammy too so it would definitely have a big impact. Depends on your weapon pDPS but probably around 1/10th - 1/20th less tooltip dmg.

Also if you can find/buy good ones, added % chaos damage rings and amulets are awesome, there is a noticeable DoT damage increase with them equipped
Brute Force Solution is probably the only feasible way to work Warped Timepiece in. I have a character with very nearly the same tree and the gear below:

Put the Brute Force Solution either at the duelist jewel node or the one close to RT. I just make 155 int/dex for dual-curse vulnerability/enfeeble and blood rage, and roughly 6.1k life. I like Retch since it's Flask of Exile and the additional DPS bump.

Earthquake duration sits at 0.25s, which does wonders for mapping. 1 quake per pack (even rares), move on.
WOuld you recommend using Taste of Hate?

Im still not sure about the flask setup. Im using

but maybe we switch atziri flask for ToH?
"
That could work, but doesn't that require you to have exactly 0 hp missing? I feel like that isn't very common even with overleech, considering any strong enough degen effects or non-evaded enemy hits would deactivate it. But I'll try it out and report if I notice significant DPS increases.

Also what do you think of this variation of your build?

poeurl.com/ORe

I was thinking about running that in order to have a very high damage or very high survivability curse setup with Vuln on Hit gloves, and then either TempChains/Punishment or TempChains/Enfeeble blasphemied.

I compared statistics between that build and your current one, and the main drawbacks I see are ~400 less HP and one less jewel slot, but other than that I don't see any real issues, and the extra curse would be huge IMO. What do you think?

Honestly I think that 9 points is way too much of a loss for an extra curse, if you could somehow get a +1 curse amulet then maybe but I think you could do more with those 9 points than a curse will give you.
"
echorn wrote:
Brute Force Solution is probably the only feasible way to work Warped Timepiece in. I have a character with very nearly the same tree and the gear below:

Put the Brute Force Solution either at the duelist jewel node or the one close to RT. I just make 155 int/dex for dual-curse vulnerability/enfeeble and blood rage, and roughly 6.1k life. I like Retch since it's Flask of Exile and the additional DPS bump.

Earthquake duration sits at 0.25s, which does wonders for mapping. 1 quake per pack (even rares), move on.

Interesting setup, but personally I'd prefer the life from the belt, amulet and jewel, Seems like you would be sacrificing a lot to be able to pull it off.
"
FknZipZap wrote:
WOuld you recommend using Taste of Hate?

Im still not sure about the flask setup. Im using

but maybe we switch atziri flask for ToH?

Taste of Hate isn't really needed, sure It's really nice but I've done all content without one and currently with the pathfinder meta It's a bit too expensive for me to think about buying it but if you have the currency and want that little added defense then sure!
"
norseman21 wrote:
Honestly I think that 9 points is way too much of a loss for an extra curse, if you could somehow get a +1 curse amulet then maybe but I think you could do more with those 9 points than a curse will give you.

Yeah you are right, it did not work as well as I thought. Mainly because the damage increase from Punishment was way more situational/marginal than I expected it to be, and the defensive bonus from enfeeble was not as great as 9 points worth of HP/armor nodes and jewel nodes are. But it was still nice, especially the TempChains/Enfeeble defensive setup, so if I manage to get my hands on a +1 curse item or can get in a Doedre's Damning without any huge resist problems, I might go back to tricurse.

Also melee damage on full life didn't work very well because the damage increase only applied on perfectly full life, and that wasn't super common even with overleech, so I recolored my slots and put in Void Manip instead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info