[2.5 Video Guide] Assassin Blade Vortex End-Game Build & Uber Farmer! [HC/SC]

"
Grimstarz wrote:
Lately i'm having a hard time surviving, ever since i started doing tier 10-12 maps. I have 9.5k es, 75+% res on all. But some hits i'm getting i cant simply out leech. Anyone has some advice? I'm scared of getting the beast fur, since i'll be getting 5% more damage. Or will it actually help? I could use some advice on which parts of my gear i should update.

I have a similar problem, although I do have Beast Fur Shawl. Usually, mob packs are not a problem, but some bosses are tough or impossible to kill. However, my problem usually isn't that they deal a massive amount of damage, but that I deal no damage whatsoever. Wielding Divinarius with a shield, as it's very cheap replacement before I have Void Battery. I'm not quite sure what's the problem, but Izaro for example (which I expected to be farming with this build) is like a nightmare, can't even kill his essences, too low damage to even halve their life, they all can enter him easily and then I'd have to dodge every single Izaro's ability to survive.

Shield and Divinarius give me about 90% spell damage, other items just cap the resistances and give me about 8k ES (which can survive a shot from Izaro easily, so it should be viable for running Uber Lab), but the damage is incredibly low, so I simply have no chance to kill him. I could say that if I hypothetically could faceroll Izaro with 20 stacks, it would take like 3 minutes of pure damaging to make one trial. Not sure if this is still a viable build in 2.6, I haven't really checked the buffs or nerfs in 2.6, but something seems to be really wrong. Any tips?
"
RemiliaSS wrote:
"
Grimstarz wrote:
Lately i'm having a hard time surviving, ever since i started doing tier 10-12 maps. I have 9.5k es, 75+% res on all. But some hits i'm getting i cant simply out leech. Anyone has some advice? I'm scared of getting the beast fur, since i'll be getting 5% more damage. Or will it actually help? I could use some advice on which parts of my gear i should update.

I have a similar problem, although I do have Beast Fur Shawl. Usually, mob packs are not a problem, but some bosses are tough or impossible to kill. However, my problem usually isn't that they deal a massive amount of damage, but that I deal no damage whatsoever. Wielding Divinarius with a shield, as it's very cheap replacement before I have Void Battery. I'm not quite sure what's the problem, but Izaro for example (which I expected to be farming with this build) is like a nightmare, can't even kill his essences, too low damage to even halve their life, they all can enter him easily and then I'd have to dodge every single Izaro's ability to survive.

Shield and Divinarius give me about 90% spell damage, other items just cap the resistances and give me about 8k ES (which can survive a shot from Izaro easily, so it should be viable for running Uber Lab), but the damage is incredibly low, so I simply have no chance to kill him. I could say that if I hypothetically could faceroll Izaro with 20 stacks, it would take like 3 minutes of pure damaging to make one trial. Not sure if this is still a viable build in 2.6, I haven't really checked the buffs or nerfs in 2.6, but something seems to be really wrong. Any tips?

What is your level and 5/6 link?
For bosses I use BV - spell echo - concentrated - added fire damage - increased crit damage
I'm also 91 and have decent gear (over 200% spell damage between wand and shield). Make sure you are capping your power charges on him. I use orb with power charge on crit. Overflowing chalice is cheap and helps keep your Surgeons flasks up while providing a small damage boost. My second uber lab I carried someone and just facetanked him, fight lasted about 30 seconds. He can hit hard but I'm at 12k es so I never have gone below half.
As teslabear wrote, keeping up the power charges is imperative to get the most damage out of this build.

I've also started to use Orb of Storm linked with Power Charge on Critical Strike. It is the best alternative I tried after the 2.6 changes to Blade Vortex. Should've listened to you guys sooner. :)
Also it doesn't take much time to get used to casting it when necessary and it fills power charges up rapidly too.

Also, there will always be some bosses who do damage one can't outleech. Last example I had was breachlord Xoph who does some fire nova around himself which did more damage to me than I could leech from him.
So, we'll not get around occasionally evading the heavy damage attacks. But you can facetank the shit ouf them inbetween those. :)
"
Songworks wrote:
As teslabear wrote, keeping up the power charges is imperative to get the most damage out of this build.

I've also started to use Orb of Storm linked with Power Charge on Critical Strike. It is the best alternative I tried after the 2.6 changes to Blade Vortex. Should've listened to you guys sooner. :)
Also it doesn't take much time to get used to casting it when necessary and it fills power charges up rapidly too.

Also, there will always be some bosses who do damage one can't outleech. Last example I had was breachlord Xoph who does some fire nova around himself which did more damage to me than I could leech from him.
So, we'll not get around occasionally evading the heavy damage attacks. But you can facetank the shit ouf them inbetween those. :)

I 4 link my faster cast - flame dash - orb - pcoc and it helps a little sneaking in an orb whenever you want.

And if I'm doing elemental relfect or someone like xoph, ill trade in life leech support for added fire damage and it helps a bit.

Now I'm considering dumping the 4 life/es nodes by the jewel slot, along with the jewel, to go for Force Shaper. Then possibly put added chaos in instead of added fire? I'll play with it a little. Depends how much ES I need.

Another option I noticed is grabbing Energy Shield on Shield. The added block from the previous talent is nice, but with a 350ES shield, 40% is a large chunk. Then maybe mind barrier if I ever level again lol.
"
teslabear wrote:

I 4 link my faster cast - flame dash - orb - pcoc and it helps a little sneaking in an orb whenever you want.

I put OoS on one of the three links and Added Fire Damage or Life Leech as the third gem. I like the idea of doing a bit of life leech from the little damage OoS does. :)

"
teslabear wrote:
Now I'm considering dumping the 4 life/es nodes by the jewel slot, along with the jewel, to go for Force Shaper. Then possibly put added chaos in instead of added fire? I'll play with it a little. Depends how much ES I need.

Yeah, I was wondering this too. On my character, the lower Energy From Within gem and nodes gives me ~500 ES. I only got 10.4k ES, which so far has been enough.
I'd like to try it out too, but haven't bothered getting better equipment yet..

Force Shaper then would also make Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask a budget alternative to Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask, I suppose?

edit:
I also wonder if the node Master of Force would be worth it. Less damage than Force Shaper but may help with reflect maps?
Last edited by Songworks on Mar 21, 2017, 10:52:40 PM
"
Songworks wrote:
"
teslabear wrote:

I put OoS on one of the three links and Added Fire Damage or Life Leech as the third gem. I like the idea of doing a bit of life leech from the little damage OoS does. :)

"
teslabear wrote:

Yeah, I was wondering this too. On my character, the lower Energy From Within gem and nodes gives me ~500 ES. I only got 10.4k ES, which so far has been enough.
I'd like to try it out too, but haven't bothered getting better equipment yet..

Force Shaper then would also make Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask a budget alternative to Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask, I suppose?

edit:
I also wonder if the node Master of Force would be worth it. Less damage than Force Shaper but may help with reflect maps?

I didn't have the second Energy from within so I had no problem regretting those 4 nodes and jewel and going force shaper. With no power charges and no stacks and lightning golem + hatred up, my dps shows 5,600 on 5-link with concentrated effect instead of controlled destruction. Now that you mention Atziri's Promise, my boss 6-link will probably be:

BV - Spell Echo - Increased Crit Damage - Added Fire Damage - Concentrated Effect - Added Chaos Damage

Obviously against elemental reflect I'll replace fire with life leech and and added chaos with controlled destruction. Fast mapping might see increased AOE instead of concentrated and faster casting instead of either added chaos or crit. I'll see when I get there. Only 400 more fusings to go lol.

I did a 5 minute uber yesterday so it is going pretty well. I'm down to 10.7es without the 4 nodes and jewel, but my next skill will get me the extra block + 40% shield ES which will be huge.

I was considering chaos or flame golem. Mana is a bit of a problem so I've been chaining uberlabs crossing my fingers for a good mana reserved enchant.

Last edited by teslabear on Mar 22, 2017, 2:24:21 AM
hi can someone please help me with my damage? i now lv 87 and have 5L but my dmg at hO only 778, so small that i only can do tier 7 map and still dying, even with all flask up and auras , 20 stacks only deals around 13k dmg. Right now i already have all flask and unique items required but why my damage is so low? struggling so hard, cant farm or level up...
Last edited by wortell on Mar 23, 2017, 12:39:17 PM
You should post your gear / tree so we can help you.
"
wortell wrote:
hi can someone please help me with my damage? i now lv 87 and have 5L but my dmg at hO only 778, so small that i only can do tier 7 map and still dying, even with all flask up and auras , 20 stacks only deals around 13k dmg. Right now i already have all flask and unique items required but why my damage is so low? struggling so hard, cant farm or level up...

You need to accumulate maximum power charges to get the most damage out of this build.
The original build doesn't do this very well. You'll need another skill linked with Power Charge on Critical Strike to reguarly charge them up. Currently the best alternative is Orb of Storms.
You should post your gear / tree so we can help you.

emm how to post the link sir? sorry im new to forum things haha

You need to accumulate maximum power charges to get the most damage out of this build.
The original build doesn't do this very well. You'll need another skill linked with Power Charge on Critical Strike to reguarly charge them up. Currently the best alternative is Orb of Storms.

i always able to maintain 7 power chrage but my damage is only around 17k at max charges maybe with ToH will be 20k, and as far as i know it should be around 40k right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info