[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
First of all, thank you for the great build.

I'm currently "re-rolling" from a 350k dual shockwave inquisitor.. and I must say this build is a lot of improvement on quality of life. And it actually clears faster.. plus it's a lot safer.

Again, thank you very much for sharing your build. It's outstanding.

However, I'd respectfully like to share a suggestion: my current lightning arrow 5L setup with my current bow, a 5l Death's opus. Personally, with this budget bow, I find it a lot better for the content I run tier 10~12 maps (faster clear speed).

Instead of running:
"5L: Lightning Arrow - Added Chaos - Pierce - Increased Critical Strikes - Slower Projectiles"

I'm running:
"5L: Lightning Arrow - Added Chaos - Pierce - GMP - Faster Projectiles"

It loses a lot of damage, BUT, at least up to tier 12, I can 1 shot anything with flask up (please read "anything" as "non rare mobs"), adding a lot of clear speed. Total 7 ultra fast arrows (I don't have corrupted +1 drillneck/dying sun). The projectiles are very fast and reach really far (even though faster projectiles won't increase the distance for arrows, only for skills), making enemies die faster as arrows reach them faster, therefore you can move faster to the next pack.

Maybe with the Reach of the Council this is a bad idea, sadly I can't test as I don't have the currency for the bow.. but with the Death's Opus bow, it adds a lot of quality of life/clear speed.

Thank you.

thanks for your report ! And congratulations. You actually took the time and courage to think for yourself, used your brain and experiment what feels best to you, moving away from the "recommended" stuff. I expected everyone to do that, but sadly its not the case.

The gem setup is not set in stone and your setup makes very much sense. As long as you oneshot white mobs, its totally fine, thats what LA is supposed to do, rares will be handled with barrage anyways.

So guys I encourage you to try out things for yourself, do research, swap gems, make tests to find your personal perfect setup for this build idea. Don't take it as a blueprint to copy, but more as a rough guideline that needs your input to be finished.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Is there a CI version to this that uses Soul Strike as primary defence mechanism? Going witch would be a big loss of DPS (no toxic) but I wonder if it would work....

something like the following (lioneye's fall jewel goes to the far top left)

Spoiler
Last edited by Rawrspeech on Oct 22, 2016, 4:30:08 AM
"
Rawrspeech wrote:
Is there a CI version to this that uses Soul Strike as primary defence mechanism? Going witch would be a big loss of DPS (no toxic) but I wonder if it would work....

something like the following (lioneye's fall jewel goes to the far top left)

Spoiler

hey using that jewel is pretty genius ! It might actually enable the build to go CI with too much downsides, so thanks for the idea.

i dont think you need wicked ward as an extra defense. vaal pact is pretty insane if you have good leech, so you can still be an assassin ( or pathfinder maybe!) , damage should be more than fine, but there is a few issues i have with CI:

- how do you get frenzies (bloodrage kinda sucks with CI)
- how do you achieve great movespeed?
- if you can't get into the 8-9k ES range, its not worth going CI over life, so how much es can you realisticly get without spending tons of currency

i havent solved those yet
I have around 8ex or so to spend on my next upgrade, and am currently thinking of either a +1 drillneck or a 5L reach to replace my 5L opus. I'm not sure how much of an upgrade it is going from 5L opus to 5L reach so I'm kind of leaning towards getting the +1 drillneck. I think with 4 arrows, LA should still be decent enough AoE which may allow me to swap LMP out for Slower Projectiles.

The only other major upgrades that I can see apart from the above are the curse gloves or +2 barrage helm, both of which are a bit more than I can afford at the moment.

Any advice? Current gear is below:

Last edited by scrambled777 on Oct 22, 2016, 7:23:03 AM
I would go for a 5link reach instead
hey guys, rly luv tornado shot, is that build effective with TS? and what setup better with 6L Reach bow?
"
almazn2015 wrote:
hey guys, rly luv tornado shot, is that build effective with TS? and what setup better with 6L Reach bow?

I run tornado shot insyead of LA and barrage, it might be slightly slower on bosses vs barrage if you have the +2 barrage helm enchant, but for trash i prefer tornado shot
Hi i'm having big problems doing uber lab because my decoy totem always gets one shotted and izaro one hits me or he does like 90 % of my health is there anything i can do exept for upping my health?
"
Superjeenius wrote:
Hi i'm having big problems doing uber lab because my decoy totem always gets one shotted and izaro one hits me or he does like 90 % of my health is there anything i can do exept for upping my health?

do lab on another day where izaro isn't buffed to do insane damage
My gear is pretty good now, can't find many more upgrades and still shaper is a ball ache. Zana just dies all the time. I think I just suck lol

Last edited by GGZII on Oct 22, 2016, 10:28:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info