[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

Really liked the idea, just having a hard time deciding which class I should play assassin or marauder what would be better in a long run in standard?
"
Vioche wrote:
So i decided to skip barrage and lightning arrow and go for tornado shot instead, feels alot faster (sometimes when mobs spreads LA just suck) and don't need 2 6-links with tornado shot since you use it for bosses aswell, easier to kill bosses with TS offscreen aswell

Current gear

Spoiler

passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAdwDHgUtBbUHmQguDPINjRCSES8UIBa_GY4fQSF2I9Mj9iaVKgsqWysKLlMwfDH6MjI1kjY9N9Q51DrhQzFDNkd-Sn1Mjkz_TZJN404qUEdRR1LsVUtVhVb6WfBbr13yXz9h4mKsZU1noGqMbAhsjG87cFJ07XXLdvd343gNeWh59nrvfXV_K4SihNmGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv49gnaqgn6LZpcumV6fUqW6w2LTFtUi18rvjvG-9Nr6nwBrBBMEzwuzEosgUzZjTb9N-1CPYvdmG2sHb5-Of6mLrY-0_7YPuDu8O73rxivVv_MX-j_66_sg=?accountName=Vioche&characterName=VioForest

soon level 94, gonna aim for 95 and get the last 2 life nodes

need better jewels aswell as dying sun, and curse gloves (stupid exepnsive)

(oh and don't go tornado shot without 2 extra projectiles helm enchant)

I, too, decided to try out Tornado Shot. Didn't have Reach or helm enchant for it, so I decided to try out GMP instead of LMP for more TS synergy. Turns out I had enough DPS, and Opus is good enough, that it ended up working fantastically. I much prefer it to LMP LA on an Opus.

The feel of hitting mobs that are super far away from the rest of the pack, or simply spread out is really nice.
El Psy Congroo.
I have some question about getting extra value on items. What's chance to get +2 barrage on devoto? how many times averagely i need to do lab to get it. and which is better 3d lab or uber ? and last question, why is this item with this mode so expensive in comparison with for example Snakebite with Vulne on Hit? it is cheaper to do labs many times than to find/buy item and try to get necessary mode by vaaling, isn't it?
"
sheldonmar wrote:
I have some question about getting extra value on items. What's chance to get +2 barrage on devoto? how many times averagely i need to do lab to get it. and which is better 3d lab or uber ? and last question, why is this item with this mode so expensive in comparison with for example Snakebite with Vulne on Hit? it is cheaper to do labs many times than to find/buy item and try to get necessary mode by vaaling, isn't it?

Multiple hundreds of attempts most likely. The offerings are 4-5c each. So while technically you'll probably make a profit every time, you still have to spend 4-5c on the attempt every time you want in. That's a lot of uber lab runs. It's exceedingly rare simply because there are so many possible enchants.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Oct 21, 2016, 2:19:49 PM
Lvl 91 EHC, though had couple close calls (a volatile hit tanked + abaxoth hit on a damagemod map), admitting the build is uber dope, one of the best I played both on damage output and survivability scale. Tweaked a little (didn't take Druidic Rite, took Quickstep instead - and opted for more mana leech focus in Duelist part).

Question to OP, as I'm evaluating further point choice. Is the jewel socket at Shadow area really worth three points? I mean, for life you just spec into Scion tree a bit more, and for damage you have a "wheel" at right edge of the screen?
"
Airbasex wrote:
Lvl 91 EHC, though had couple close calls (a volatile hit tanked + abaxoth hit on a damagemod map), admitting the build is uber dope, one of the best I played both on damage output and survivability scale. Tweaked a little (didn't take Druidic Rite, took Quickstep instead - and opted for more mana leech focus in Duelist part).

Question to OP, as I'm evaluating further point choice. Is the jewel socket at Shadow area really worth three points? I mean, for life you just spec into Scion tree a bit more, and for damage you have a "wheel" at right edge of the screen?

i picked it mainly for the +20 int it gives. if you can fix your int with gear alone, its probably worth taking something else instead
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
First of all, thank you for the great build.

I'm currently "re-rolling" from a 350k dual shockwave inquisitor.. and I must say this build is a lot of improvement on quality of life. And it actually clears faster.. plus it's a lot safer.

Again, thank you very much for sharing your build. It's outstanding.

However, I'd respectfully like to share a suggestion: my current lightning arrow 5L setup with my current bow, a 5l Death's opus. Personally, with this budget bow, I find it a lot better for the content I run tier 10~12 maps (faster clear speed).

Instead of running:
"5L: Lightning Arrow - Added Chaos - Pierce - Increased Critical Strikes - Slower Projectiles"

I'm running:
"5L: Lightning Arrow - Added Chaos - Pierce - GMP - Faster Projectiles"

It loses a lot of damage, BUT, at least up to tier 12, I can 1 shot anything with flask up (please read "anything" as "non rare mobs"), adding a lot of clear speed. Total 7 ultra fast arrows (I don't have corrupted +1 drillneck/dying sun). The projectiles are very fast and reach really far (even though faster projectiles won't increase the distance for arrows, only for skills), making enemies die faster as arrows reach them faster, therefore you can move faster to the next pack.

Maybe with the Reach of the Council this is a bad idea, sadly I can't test as I don't have the currency for the bow.. but with the Death's Opus bow, it adds a lot of quality of life/clear speed.

Thank you.
Last edited by FaustoFanti on Oct 21, 2016, 8:53:31 PM
"
First of all, thank you for the great build.

I'm currently "re-rolling" from a 350k dual shockwave inquisitor.. and I must say this build is a lot of improvement on quality of life. And it actually clears faster.. plus it's a lot safer.

Again, thank you very much for sharing your build. It's outstanding.

However, I'd respectfully like to share a suggestion: my current lightning arrow 5L setup with my current bow, a 5l Death's opus. Personally, with this budget bow, I find it a lot better for the content I run tier 10~12 maps (faster clear speed).

Instead of running:
"5L: Lightning Arrow - Added Chaos - Pierce - Increased Critical Strikes - Slower Projectiles"

I'm running:
"5L: Lightning Arrow - Added Chaos - Pierce - GMP - Faster Projectiles"

It loses a lot of damage, BUT, at least up to tier 12, I can 1 shot anything with flask up (please read "anything" as "non rare mobs"), adding a lot of clear speed. Total 7 ultra fast arrows (I don't have corrupted +1 drillneck/dying sun). The projectiles are very fast and reach really far (even though faster projectiles won't increase the distance for arrows, only for skills), making enemies die faster as arrows reach them faster, therefore you can move faster to the next pack.

Maybe with the Reach of the Council this is a bad idea, sadly I can't test as I don't have the currency for the bow.. but with the Death's Opus bow, it adds a lot of quality of life/clear speed.

Thank you.

I actually prefer GMP as well, though I've been messing around with Tornado Shot lately which means I don't have real troubles with rares if I get lazy. I keep crit strikes because consistency is very useful, especially when you've got Uber Lab done for Toxic Delivery. 100% uptime on diamond is nice, but without inc crit strikes I don't think I cap out.
El Psy Congroo.
My Frenzy usually shows as having more DPS than my barrage, should I use barrage anyway?

If so, why?
"
CrimsonWoe wrote:
My Frenzy usually shows as having more DPS than my barrage, should I use barrage anyway?

If so, why?

Barrage sheet DPS is per arrow. So you have to multiply by the number of arrows you shoot out per barrage and that's your effective DPS assuming all your barrage shots hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info