[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
I'm using a tabula pretty early so i am having trouble with mana (no surprise). do you guys spec into the mana leech cluster (Essence Sap) for lvling ?

I was using 2x -8 mana rings (Praxis ring or Elreon ring) for levelling till i get mana leech nodes.
Hey im really enjoying this build. I just hit 64 so im using reach now but im having mana problems and my dps on tooltip is only 8k. what am i missing thats so huge?
Last edited by LukeBond on Oct 10, 2016, 12:14:58 PM
"
LukeBond wrote:
Hey im really enjoying this build. I just hit 64 so im using reach now but im having mana problems and my dps on tooltip is only 8k. what am i missing thats so huge?

You're missing all your Chaos damage. And it's HUGE. No flat chaos on rings/amulets and Added Chaos only lvl 3. And I think Inc Crit Strikes is better than Inc Crit Dmg, because when you complete Uber lab and get Toxic Delivery, you really want to crit then. After getting Toxic Delivery Inc. Crit Dmg might give you better tooltip, but actual damage will be better with Inc Crit Strikes.

When I was leveling around the same level I'd some mana problems in situations when I needed spam more shots and because of low Mana pool I couldnt leech enough. For me taking Druidic Rite solved that problem.
Thx for the build. Its awesome and im enjoying it a lot.

One thing im having trouble, is to handle the 5 different flasks and skills i have to keep clicking lol.
Any hints tô make it easier? In my whispering ice build, i only had tô use like 3 buttons.
"
ElderCheng wrote:

One thing im having trouble, is to handle the 5 different flasks and skills i have to keep clicking lol.
Any hints tô make it easier? In my whispering ice build, i only had tô use like 3 buttons.

Ah, my comrade. There is a solution for you! Be lazy like me. I just pop quicksilver and when I need life flask while mapping and only use full power of flask against bosses :D
"
ElderCheng wrote:

its the downside of the build i guess :D great power is provided through great control. master your buttons and you will master the game !
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Oct 10, 2016, 12:41:36 PM
"
Ballador8811 wrote:
just a noob question-> Since the build is focusing on chaos dmg, what do you think about Voltaxic Rift Spine Bow.I know it got super nerfed but still 60% more chaos (instead of lightning) it doesnt look bad?

It would need to be a different build. You need to focus heavily on Lightning Damage for the conversion, which completely changes all your gearing needs. You're almost forced into using Wrath, which limits your ability to use Grace for defense. Voltaxis is still really strong, but not for this build.

"
I'm using a tabula pretty early so i am having trouble with mana (no surprise). do you guys spec into the mana leech cluster (Essence Sap) for lvling ?

I used Essence Sap until I got to the dualist cluster and had the DPS to be efficient with .4% Mana Leech. If you're following the build and the tree, you'll have plenty of respec points to use.
Just a little observation. You don't actually have to swap any gems for elemental reflect maps. Spotted it accidentally after finishing map and reinspecting mods. Run 3-4 more ele reflect maps just to be sure (t12-14) and not a single death through reflect! Also if you can't find nice cheap jewelry with int and chaos dmg, health, res you can consider taking large int node(+30). I was considering switching to cospri's will initially, keeping eye on frenzy charges, placing decoy, dodging and dealing damage at the same time was very hard, but after some time you are getting used to this and it stops being a big problem. Also getting nice gloves with vulnerability curse is stupidly expensive. You can learn to play a freaking piano while farming for them lol.
Last edited by MrOleg on Oct 10, 2016, 2:50:20 PM
A +2 barrage devotion in Essence at the moment is 12ex... I'm thinking about rolling this build as i've not really done any builds that can do guardians / shaper yet, I'll have around 15ex to spend. and have no parts of the gear atm, what would be the parts i most importantly need first? :)
"
what would be the parts i most importantly need first?

Reach, then +1 Drillneck. I am using Opus and the 3 additional arrows would greatly improve my map clear speed. And melt bosses even faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info