[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

Hey,

Love your build.

Did you have any ideas about using Voidheart instead of Snakebite gloves?

Also, Arrow Dancing not worth taking or?
"
dLxYaN wrote:
Hey,

Love your build.

Did you have any ideas about using Voidheart instead of Snakebite gloves?

Also, Arrow Dancing not worth taking or?

Voidheart only works in melee...

Porcupines and reflect are not a threat so I think it's better to take life node than Arrow Dancing.
What's best between lioneyes glare and opus?
Hi really loving the build.
Just got my 6l Queen of the Forest and was wondering what i should upgrade next.

"
jomtoy wrote:
"
what would be the parts i most importantly need first?

Reach, then +1 Drillneck. I am using Opus and the 3 additional arrows would greatly improve my map clear speed. And melt bosses even faster.

For some reason people always forget that Opus has 150% crit multi, one of the hardest stats in the game to stack. 2 more arrows, while sacrificing 150% crit multi. Kind of a huge deal, which is why post-nerf Reach is only slightly better than Opus. Reach is only truly much superior in a non-crit build.

"
Altoga wrote:
What's best between lioneyes glare and opus?

Easily Opus. 150% multi is OP.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Oct 10, 2016, 7:30:01 PM
Would this build work with Sion or ranger?
"
Obimio wrote:
Would this build work with Sion or ranger?

The crit you gain from assassin is really good, I don't think it would work as well on Ranger, could be doable on Scion.

But the other thing that adds a lot of DPS (especially for boss killing) is the assassin's Toxic Delivery node. It literally doubles the DPS your poison stacks can do and can melt bosses with barrage.

I started trying out this build with a Cospri's will and curse on hit gloves. In this case, I got rid of my snakebites with vuln on hit for some asenath's touch with vuln on hit + temp chains on hit.

I find this set up to be a lot more reliable and smoother against boss fights, especially ones that are prolonged by different phases. Without having to worry about ramping up frenzy charges every now and then, allows me more time to focus on dpsing and staying alive.

The only thing is that you lose a decent amount of movement speed (about 20% depending on your gear) and a lot of evasion (if you decide to drop Grace for Haste like I did). Keeping grace may still be better, but I need more testing. I am thinking of getting Arrow Dancing on my next level since I feel like I don't get hit by melee at all, and if I do I'm probably dead anyway or playing badly.

Current Gear

Current Tooltip DPS in hideout (without charges):
22.4k (level 20 added chaos)
12.8k (level 21 added chaos)

MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Oct 10, 2016, 11:12:27 PM
Really starting to dig this build. I'm guessing the +1 drill neck would be my best upgrade next? Rather than a 6L Queen or dying sun flask.

gear
"
evenson wrote:
Really starting to dig this build. I'm guessing the +1 drill neck would be my best upgrade next? Rather than a 6L Queen or dying sun flask.

gear

No, Dying Sun is the highest DPS boost on the entire character. It does add +2 arrows after all. So baseline it kills +1 drillneck, without factoring in the AoE boost.
El Psy Congroo.
Spoiler
"
"
Ballador8811 wrote:
just a noob question-> Since the build is focusing on chaos dmg, what do you think about Voltaxic Rift Spine Bow.I know it got super nerfed but still 60% more chaos (instead of lightning) it doesnt look bad?

It would need to be a different build. You need to focus heavily on Lightning Damage for the conversion, which completely changes all your gearing needs. You're almost forced into using Wrath, which limits your ability to use Grace for defense. Voltaxis is still really strong, but not for this build.

"
I'm using a tabula pretty early so i am having trouble with mana (no surprise). do you guys spec into the mana leech cluster (Essence Sap) for lvling ?

I used Essence Sap until I got to the dualist cluster and had the DPS to be efficient with .4% Mana Leech. If you're following the build and the tree, you'll have plenty of respec points to use.

yeah i spec'ed into essence sap, immediately got rid of the mana flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info