[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

I'm new to PoE and am trying out this build. It's been a blast so far at lvl 84, currently pushing T12+ maps. Still lots of rooms for upgrades, need to do Uber Lab at some point for the final 2 ascendancy points and also get 20% quality of all my gems...

In terms of purchasable upgrades, with my current level of gear (IGN:Fractaleline), would I get better value upgrading my Opus to Reach or getting a 6L queen? I have about 6.5ex to work with currently, so would only be able to afford one of those for the foreseeable future.

Also, regarding an earlier comment:

"
cmphx wrote:

"
So I've bought a death's opus and I was wondering what gems I should use for 5 linked Lightning Arrow.

Do I drop the GMP for slower proj., or keep the GMP?

try LA - addedchaos - void - LMP - pierce. if you think youre doing not enough crits, swap void for crit strikes.

If I am understanding it correctly, even with Death's Opus I'm still better off using LMP than Slower Projectiles?
I have a question. I have a 6L queen of the forest. 6L being LVL20 +20Q void manipulation my LA dps is 26,497.8. if i swap Void out for a LVL20 faster attacks my LA dps goes up to 26.833.2. is faster attacks better for a 6L than void?
Last edited by cp0020 on Oct 9, 2016, 12:41:27 PM
"
scrambled777 wrote:
I'm new to PoE and am trying out this build. It's been a blast so far at lvl 84, currently pushing T12+ maps. Still lots of rooms for upgrades, need to do Uber Lab at some point for the final 2 ascendancy points and also get 20% quality of all my gems...

In terms of purchasable upgrades, with my current level of gear (IGN:Fractaleline), would I get better value upgrading my Opus to Reach or getting a 6L queen? I have about 6.5ex to work with currently, so would only be able to afford one of those for the foreseeable future.

If I am understanding it correctly, even with Death's Opus I'm still better off using LMP than Slower Projectiles?

you have to experiment what you like best. for AoE clear with lightning arrow, you kinda want more arrows than just the 2 extra from opus - so either use LMP or dying sun flask to tackle that. you can go without in theory, but the more arrows you fire, the faster you will clear in general.

as for an upgrade, reach will help you clear maps faster (more arrows/faster attacking) but the single target will be about the same as opus. a 6L will give you a great single target damage boost though, so you need to decide yourself what you need the most.

"
cp0020 wrote:
I have a question. I have a 6L queen of the forest. 6L being LVL20 +20Q void manipulation my LA dps is 26,497.8. if i swap Void out for a LVL20 faster attacks my LA dps goes up to 26.833.2. is faster attacks better for a 6L than void?

dps tootlip is missleading with this build, because the poison is not shown. void manip actually does 39% more poison damage on top, so it will be better.

however if you alraedy oneshot packs with LA and a 5L, it makes no sense to get void manip, and you can choose faster attacks instead, so you clear faster
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Hello,

i'm pretty new so sorry if i ask stupid question, but is it possible to just use frenzy as single target atack instead of barrage?

do i lose a lot of damage if i do so?
"
Hello,

i'm pretty new so sorry if i ask stupid question, but is it possible to just use frenzy as single target atack instead of barrage?

do i lose a lot of damage if i do so?

dont use frenzy single target. barrage is alot stronger
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Oct 9, 2016, 1:45:19 PM
How mandatory is the chaos damage on rings/amulet not the flat but the % increase, struggling to find decent rings/amu with the chaos % roll
"
gm08872 wrote:
How mandatory is the chaos damage on rings/amulet not the flat but the % increase, struggling to find decent rings/amu with the chaos % roll

It would benefit builds dps, but it's not required. You can easily go without it, just craft that flat chaos on rings/amulet.
I'm currently using death's opus and tabula, should I go for reach or 6L armour first? or maybe reach and 5L?
"
cmphx wrote:

you have to experiment what you like best. for AoE clear with lightning arrow, you kinda want more arrows than just the 2 extra from opus - so either use LMP or dying sun flask to tackle that. you can go without in theory, but the more arrows you fire, the faster you will clear in general.

as for an upgrade, reach will help you clear maps faster (more arrows/faster attacking) but the single target will be about the same as opus. a 6L will give you a great single target damage boost though, so you need to decide yourself what you need the most.

Thanks for your advice. Your guide has honestly been a lot more helpful and informative than most other guides I've tried to follow.

Currently my experience is that my AoE clear is pretty good even with 3 arrows but feel that single target DPS on bosses and multi-essence elites is a bit lacking, so based on your advice I'll be looking at investing in a 6L queen to boost my barrage DPS. I'll probably experiment with adding LMP to boost my LA AoE clear further.
Last edited by scrambled777 on Oct 9, 2016, 7:50:20 PM
Did you capped your resists at 169% or 75% is enough? My resists are at 160%+ each but two of my rings does not have any maximum life affix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info