[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
twistedbam wrote:
Weapon swap and Kaom`s Hearth...would that be a viable solution for extra HP?

yeah of course
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Basically maxed out this build gear-wise, currently level 91.

At one point I ripped 600 fusings trying to 6L my reach, couldn't get 5L back. But it was still clearing fine as a 4L on lightning arrow.

My Gear

Stats in hideout, with no buffs/charges/flasks
19.2k DPS on 6L Lightning Arrow
10.3k DPS on 6L Barrage

With 4 power charges and 4 frenzy charges, LA tooltip is something like 40k, while barrage at about 20k.

Thinking of dropping a frenzy charge and just getting another power charge, what do you guys think?
MFJonesHC
Well, all i've got to say is that i'm absolutely in love with this build. Insane clear speed, insane single target damage combined with super stong survivability. The cost is relatively small compared to other bow builds where you have to invest a lot of currency. Definately would recommend to use this.

Nice job with the build :)!
What's the best glove enchant? Is there anything you'd recommend? I know you said "any you like", but I didn't play the previous leagues, so I have no idea. It'll take me a long time to get curse gloves, so I'd like to get a decent enchantment before that. I asked around, got answered fury/spite/copy.
Last edited by Clerith on Sep 29, 2016, 12:01:10 PM
For a long time I wanted to play an archer. A dream come true. Thank you.
Nice build.
"
MFJones wrote:
Basically maxed out this build gear-wise, currently level 91.

At one point I ripped 600 fusings trying to 6L my reach, couldn't get 5L back. But it was still clearing fine as a 4L on lightning arrow.

My Gear

Stats in hideout, with no buffs/charges/flasks
19.2k DPS on 6L Lightning Arrow
10.3k DPS on 6L Barrage

With 4 power charges and 4 frenzy charges, LA tooltip is something like 40k, while barrage at about 20k.

Thinking of dropping a frenzy charge and just getting another power charge, what do you guys think?

Nice gear ! Careful with dropping a frenzy though. without the 3 points into charge+frenzy duration, you'll have 3 charges, but 30% reduced duration on them because of snakebite.. that is too much, you need at least 2x 18% incraesed duration nodes for the charges then, effectively only saving you 1 passive point then. I dont think its worth dropping that charge for another power charge. Currently the powrecharge generation is through unstable infusion. the more crit you have, the less chance you get to get another power charge. So it will be hard to reach max. charges the higher your crit rate goes, just my thoughts.

"
Well, all i've got to say is that i'm absolutely in love with this build. Insane clear speed, insane single target damage combined with super stong survivability. The cost is relatively small compared to other bow builds where you have to invest a lot of currency. Definately would recommend to use this.

Nice job with the build :)!

Thank you for your post :) I am very happy you enjoy playingg the build and I wish you lots of luck and lots of fun with it :)

"
Clerith wrote:
What's the best glove enchant? Is there anything you'd recommend? I know you said "any you like", but I didn't play the previous leagues, so I have no idea. It'll take me a long time to get curse gloves, so I'd like to get a decent enchantment before that. I asked around, got answered fury/spite/copy.

Hi, if you need help deciding which glove enchant is good for you, I highly recommend for you to watch the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCHjf_ENbQ

This guys explains all the details of every glove enchant. I had no idea what they did, and everytime I try to decide which one to take, I just watch this video again. Great source of information !

"
deadpanda83 wrote:
For a long time I wanted to play an archer. A dream come true. Thank you.
Nice build.

Thank you ! Enjoy the build :)
Last edited by dankNstein on Jul 17, 2020, 6:15:50 AM
"
dankNstein wrote:
Any tips you can give on shaper? I watched your video but on the third phase you basically insta kill him. I couldn't do that with my gear I got him to about 15% and then got over ran by vortexes I think. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with my build but my barrage seems to do significantly less damage than yours while having a 6L as well.

I tried him once yesterday and sometimes zana would die to the adds that flicker, which would rip me a portal when he did the spam black balls phase. Didn't seem to be able to kill them fast enough or they just would ignore me and go straight for her. Got through the first 2 phases easy maybe 1 or 2 deaths because zana gets killed randomly by a couple of flickers or discharges. But I'm actually curious to how you kill him so fast in the third phase while I was struggling to get him to 15% before I got over ran by some vortexes and adds.

are you using a wither-spelltotem-incrduration-faster casting setup ? it will double your damage if placed correctly !

Sometimes zana dies for me too and I can lose a portal, its hard to defend vs the flickers.

I am killing him quickly because of my flasks, +1drillneck, helm enchant, and esppecially wither totem ! it is so fucking damn strong use it. if the totem can cast wither on him for 2-3 seconds, your damage goes nuts !

Overall, just keep concentrated. Dont get hit, use his laser beam attack to do significant damage to him. It can happen that flicker will kill your zana and if youre not lucky, yo'll die in the black orbs phase then. But that is only 1 out of 6 portals.
Careful with the vortex that chase you, try to only activate them at the borders of course.

I bricked the first set aswell, then succeeded on the second. Then it became pretty smooth and out of ~40 runs now I only failed one. You'll get better with practice, and one set doesnt cost that much.

If you have further problems please post your gear, tree, jewels and flasks so I can check that in detail too.

oh and btw it also helps to link your frenzy with culling strike. that way you only need to get him down to 10%.
"
dankNstein wrote:
Any tips you can give on shaper? I watched your video but on the third phase you basically insta kill him. I couldn't do that with my gear I got him to about 15% and then got over ran by vortexes I think. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with my build but my barrage seems to do significantly less damage than yours while having a 6L as well.

I tried him once yesterday and sometimes zana would die to the adds that flicker, which would rip me a portal when he did the spam black balls phase. Didn't seem to be able to kill them fast enough or they just would ignore me and go straight for her. Got through the first 2 phases easy maybe 1 or 2 deaths because zana gets killed randomly by a couple of flickers or discharges. But I'm actually curious to how you kill him so fast in the third phase while I was struggling to get him to 15% before I got over ran by some vortexes and adds.

In addition to what the build's creator also said, here's my checklist for the usual "why don't I do as much damage" questions:

-20% lv20 gems
-20% lv21 Added Chaos
-+2 Barrage helm
-+1 Arrows Drillneck
-Curses on Hit Gloves
-%chaos accessories
-double offensive stat jewels (in addition to life & resists)
Last edited by Clerith on Sep 29, 2016, 4:12:55 PM
Last edited by dankNstein on Jul 17, 2020, 6:15:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info