[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

Will you make a guide for bf cmphx? Ty :)
Raider for this build :O ?
Do you think the new Raider from 2.5 would be a good option now? Automatic frenzy charge generation on kill or hitting rare/unique enemies with some free frenzy charge duration on it, free onslaught on kill which can be buffed to 40% move/attack speed, extra evade and 20% attack damage while you have onslaught, which also happens to last 40% longer.

My initial thought was to go Way of the Poacher -> Quartz Infusion -> Rapid Assault -> Avatar of the Chase. However i think Avatar of the Slaughter might be better than than Quartz infusion because Quartz Infusion doesn't really do much without Avatar of the Veil, the free phasing while at max charges and during onslaught is nice but it doesn't increase any stats, besides the 6% dodge chance.

Avatar of the Slaughter give +1 frenzy charges and the node before it gives another 18% frenzy charge duration for a total of 36%, and if you take another 1+ frenzy charges passive you can probably get at least another 18% duration near that node. With Snakebite's duration reduction you'll net 4% increased duration at 5 charges. Avatar of the Slaughter also gives a nice little boost to frenzy charges, adding up to 10% inc movespeed, 15% inc attack speed and 15% inc attack damage (again assuming 5 charges). Base frenzy charge bonus would be 20% inc attack/cast speed and 20% more damage, although that's only a 4% increase over the existing build's values.

The best order to pick them would probably be Rapid Assault -> Avatar of the Chase -> Way of the Poacher -> Avatar of the Slaughter. With this order you'll get the frenzy charge generation relatively late, around level 60-70, but Snakebite only becomes available at level 58. You'll get onslaught on kill through Cruel and 100% increased onslaught effects through Merciless. This should speed up leveling considerably because of the movespeed.

I'm not sure if this is viable compared to the massive crit chance and poison damage on crit from Assassin though, maybe it would be more suited in a build that doesn't focus so much on poison damage. Thoughts, anyone?
Nice build, gonna try in 2.5! Do you have any passsive tree leveling guides and thoughts?
"
Kenjosun wrote:

As a recent player of this build I can confirm that this build will be viable in a party of 3, just don't go to fast or no one else will get exp. Of course expect to do all the carrying. Good luck!

+1

You made my day mate - great answer :D
just died doing this build, so annoying to say the least, was having fun too, ah well time to either try again or move on i guess.
IGN: The_Nutcase
Looks awesome, going to try in 2.5. Will you be updating this for it?
"
Proximity666 wrote:
Do you think the new Raider from 2.5 would be a good option now? Thoughts, anyone?

I was interested too, since I was looking some more HC viable version of this build (more HP and space for double cwd setup without loosing to much dmg). But seems that Raider is still only good for mapping since it's dance all over onslaught now. But since you will not get perma onslaught on most bosses (you need to kill actively) if feel it will lack damage at bosses a lot compared to assassin, I think like 2-3 times less. And I don't think anyone want to bother with pure mapping build
Question

with out rach, +1 drill, with out chant on helm

will this build be good for general T12-T14 mapping including bosses ?

Last edited by Vas3k on Nov 30, 2016, 4:23:05 PM
"
Vas3k wrote:
Question

with out rach, +1 drill, with out chant on helm

will this build be good for general T12-T14 mapping including bosses ?

Yes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info