[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

just a question for the OP

IF they fix the poison double dipping one day, will this build still be viable or it will be trash?

between OP, your guide is very well made but there 1 thing missing. a leveling guide for your tree. you should provide a tree for when you are lvl 30-50-70 (something like that). it help to know what passive should be taken asap and what to grab only toward the end.

Last edited by zakariusqc on Nov 27, 2016, 10:57:18 PM
"
Anesthetize34 wrote:
I'm interested in hearing some thoughts comparing this build to Neversink's TS build. I've played a couple builds very similar to Neversink's before, and did something close to ZiggyD's Assreacher in prophecy. I'm now considering playing this as my league starter in Breach. What should I expect vs what I have experience with so far? E.g. Price (especially at league beginning), clear speeds, versatility, etc. From the looks of it, this one wins in versatility.

So I have an old 89 Ranger in standard (it was my first character to reach maps) that used Neversink's build. My buddy also did his build in Essence to 90. In preparation for Breach, I just converted a 93 pre-Ascendancy Shadow I had in Standard to this build to try it out.

I only have a 5L Reach and a decent 6L evasion chest from a past league (been lazy about rolling a 6L QotF), so I'm at around 16.5k evasion and 6.2k life. I'm also using TS instead of LA as I enjoy it more - at least for non phys-reflect maps. From what I've seen, two components of this build make it significantly stronger than Neversink's:

- The "free" GMP from Reach (or Death's Opus for early league) means you don't have GMP's less damage modifier dragging your LA/TS DPS down, therefore allowing you to invest in far more health nodes while maintaining good clear speed.
- The always-poison mechanic of Snakebite (on HIT) in combination with Barrage's synergy with the extra projectiles from Reach or Opus. Being able to do damage while on the run as a Bow build is key against the higher-tiered bosses. You also don't need a Poison gem which allows another More damage modifier, and the fact that Barrage benefits from Reach is just icing on the cake.

Don't get me wrong, Neversink's build is strong, and very good for newer players as it doesn't require very expensive items and lets you easily spray and clear the entire screen all the way to red maps. Plus, his guide is extremely thorough and well-written. But eventually and frequently (especially in red maps), ~4-5K life gets you one-shot and there's not much you can do about it. It's also vulnerable to both Physical and Elemental reflect, whereas this build can run both with only a minor gear swap for Phys.

So I think if you're a more experienced player and can earn the currency to make this build work (which honestly isn't even that bad, a 5L reach and a generic 6L evasion chest works just fine as I've discovered), you'll end up taking it further. Although I should add: I haven't put a tremendous amount of playtime into this one yet though as I don't want to get burned out before Breach! I'm still confident it can go far as I want it it to before the inevitable league burnout.
Last edited by CadmiumFlow on Nov 28, 2016, 10:46:56 AM
anyone know some best gloves enchants for this build?
hi guys, some questions about taken vaal pact instead on some points life
Is worth it ??
Thanks !!
What do you think about leaving king of the hill and going for point blank?
I guess this was probably asked before, but how do you feel about going ci on this build
I think I've decided to give this build a go on season start. I have to say after farming Shaper a lot during Ess watching you kill shaper with a crude bow was fairly impressive. Can't wait to see how fun this goes.
My 2 biggest problems with this build is
1. The upkeep struggle of frenzy/blood rage in party, solo is fine. I spend much of my time trying to generate charges before the mobs get killed by others :P but this was tested in standard where most builds are probably glasscannon DPS machines.
2. I don't know if anyone else has asked, what do you think about Cherrubim's Maleficence? The lack of consistent phys mitigation becomes very apparent for inexperienced players like me.

Thanks for detailed guide and well crafted, funzie build.
Last edited by DonQuixotic on Nov 29, 2016, 4:30:05 PM
What poison buff? lawl
From 2.5.0 notes:

- A character can now only receive one flask charge per Critical Strike every 200ms. This is shared across all flasks.

Do you think Surgeon's QSS is still the optimal flask prefix for this build? Or would you opt in for Charge recovery / Extra charges / Increased duration instead?

Thanks!
Last edited by Jesikaparker on Nov 29, 2016, 8:41:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info