(2.4) Wormblaster the Third (A Herald of Ice build)

My herald of ice is killing my worms before I can get more charges for worms and killing bosses like shaper I just run out of flask charges is there anything someone could recommend? I've tried doing it without herald of ice and I can keep the charges up fine. If I get high enough BV stacks then that also allows me to keep it going.
Spoiler
"
My herald of ice is killing my worms before I can get more charges for worms and killing bosses like shaper I just run out of flask charges is there anything someone could recommend? I've tried doing it without herald of ice and I can keep the charges up fine. If I get high enough BV stacks then that also allows me to keep it going.
Spoiler

Think that reduced flask charges used belt is mandatory to get 3 uses out of wormy flask. Drop the HH and try again.
@BeerPact
"You have been kicked for performing too many actions too fast"

Do you spend this also while playing this build?
Why??

I do something illegal?

What do you think about this enchant?, it seems to affect HoI explosions damage but it seems that the damage it gives to BV kills the worms too quickly so i cant sustain flask charges with just the worms.

It seems like the damage would be worth it for the inconvenience.

Has anyone tried the damage if killed recently boots enchant?
The boots aren't the problem. You're not using enough flask reduction or generating through rotgut/overflowing. I can self sustain using either of the flasks just fine because doedre hits me in the sweet spot @ 10.1k HP now
\]
"
cheelos wrote:
The boots aren't the problem. You're not using enough flask reduction or generating through rotgut/overflowing. I can self sustain using either of the flasks just fine because doedre hits me in the sweet spot @ 10.1k HP now

Tuning dmg taken with Doedre's and dmg dealt is a fairly fine art it seems on this build.

I did some tests on the emberwake/taming setup in HC and achieved 112 peak ignites on a max spell block aegis char, with a sustained 90 ignites. Sounds like a very easy 300 ignites-within-5-seconds on any boss.

One can do a lot of interesting things knowing +3000% damage is in effect... very much want to try added chaos+poison!
@BeerPact
Most people will have issues with charges if:

your Writhing Jars charge reduced charge use is low.
your belt should be at least 15% reduced flask charges used.

these help significantly!

I can keep up my 20 stacks and all pots in my hideout without any issue, no additional mobs, just me and my worms.

fun fact:
you can maintain righteous fire with your overkill regen,

even funner fact:
you can kill yourself in peoples hideouts by using RF then using the Doedre's elixer when on low life, that really confuses your traders!

Also, i DESTROYED shaper last night, ggez.
Shaper Kill Tips

So if you are having issues with Shaper, I had some small issues the first time I tried (them damn ice skills)

Some of his ice skills have cold pen with high damage, see spoiler.

Shapers Damage Spells:
Spoiler

84 ShaperBeam Base duration is 3 seconds
Deals 5384.5 Fire Damage per second
Deals 4405.5 Base Cold Damage per second

84 ShaperProjectile Deals 5639 to 8458 Cold Damage
Damage Penetrates 25% Cold Resistance

84 ShaperTeleportSlam Deals 300% of Base Damage
50% less Attack Speed

84 ShaperOpenPortal Base duration is 25 seconds

84 ShaperBulletHell Deals 5639 to 8458 Cold Damage
11 additional Projectiles
Damage Penetrates 25% Cold Resistance

So that's why he hurts!

for the Shaper, I use a Sapphire Flask with increased effect so I get 7% additional cold resistance. It gives you time to react to the army of cold damage.

I also try to pop the blue orbs on top of each other away from where I am fighting so the ground gets less covered.

I took him down with 1 death -to trash... ( I had cast Righteous Fire when Damage taken on - dont ask) forgot to remove this lol

Simply 1234 x infinity, and add the Sapphire flask (5) in every time its about to run out.

GGEZ Shaper for ultimate disrespect.
"
kilik706 wrote:

What do you think about this enchant?, it seems to affect HoI explosions damage but it seems that the damage it gives to BV kills the worms too quickly so i cant sustain flask charges with just the worms.

It seems like the damage would be worth it for the inconvenience.

Has anyone tried the damage if killed recently boots enchant?

RIP boots.

I'd have rather had the resists.
I'm having a bit of a problem, i'm killing my worms almost instantly which in turn is not allowing me to get my stacks up.
When running maps i have no problems but when it comes to a single target i have a hard time getting the max stacks due to my worms dying to fast.
Here is my current gear:

Not to mention i cannot sustain my flasks while in my h/o. Any tips/help or ideas are welcome
Last edited by DeamosDan on Oct 12, 2016, 4:50:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info