(2.4) Wormblaster the Third (A Herald of Ice build)

8k hp, shaper kill me, vortexes doing really hight damage to me...
start lvling for more exp, now 90 with 8.4k
Been playing in STD, managed to get my hands on some ripped gear but it cost me my soul.

Swapping out to Kaoms for bosses etc. Still waiting for another decent Opal Ring to rip to STD.
"
qwertz wrote:
"
Shaggy799 wrote:
What is your crit chance if you go to offense and click on blade vortex?

Not at home atm so can't check. But I've got 0 crit chance on gear. Using 20/20 increased crit gem at level 92 though - with harvest you gain crit as you level.

"
justpayne1414 wrote:
What would be the requirements needed before trying the Guardians and Shaper?

DPS is not actually as important as total life (lower dps just makes the fight last much longer - and you won't be able to save Zana so may die to the purple balls). For shaper I would probably try and get at least 8k damage on HOI with all buffs up (remember you can use a sulphur flask for extra damage, but bear in mind you have to dodge his slams and you may want to use a quicksilver) and 8.5 - 9k life.

I had around 9.2k life + 400mana (I'm using MoM) and around 9k dps with buffs up. Done 2 runs so far, both with 1 death each (first one Zana died & i got gibbed by the purple balls and second one I had a cramp in my hand :D).

Guardians are much easier (but also pretty tanky). Those I can tank with pretty crazy mods (see http://pathofmaps.com/users/1094).

for clarification, as long as you have IC up, which you should have permanently up during the fight, you dont have to dodge his smash. it's 100% physical damage.
Horrible content-creator and memelord.
"
Erueruefu wrote:

for clarification, as long as you have IC up, which you should have permanently up during the fight, you dont have to dodge his smash. it's 100% physical damage.

Huh. Good to know! For some reason I thought it was 50% Phys 50% elemental. Like Vaal & Dominus. But I guess you're right. It's closer to malachais slam, which is Phys. I'll see if I can tank it next run :)

Have I mentioned how great your build is? :D

Spoiler
although I fear they'll somehow nerf flask generation on blade vortex. Maybe to only crit once per cast...
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Oct 11, 2016, 1:11:01 AM
Guys what do you think, is it worth to buy The Calling divination cards to try to find a Harvest? Or should I just farm like the pleb I am till the end of the month to afford it?
"
muir wrote:
Spoiler

This appears to work well, the damage clearly ramps up swiftly on tanky bosses.

I did a couple fights vs D&T boss as a benchmark. Curious how this compares to your non-emberwake/taming builds in ESC/EHC.

I've also been playing around with different amulets, as I don't feel the slot is worth 100% inc life recovery. The bleed property is essentially useless since IC is up essentially permanently.

Ungil's Harmony is a fairly good option if you don't need the resists.

I'm also dual cursing Flammability + Assassin's mark for hopefully obvious reasons.

I'd like to try a poison scaling added chaos setup for HOI using generic Taming damage, but it would require a BBBGG harvest which is very challenging indeed.

Very neat! The only issue I see here is the lack of life and possibly resists. The 100% inc life recovery is absolutely insane on hard hitting bosses, but I guess for general mapping not required.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Hi Guys, been playing this build for some time now!

So I am at Level 92 (keep ripping due to not giving a c**p about leveling) and pay 0 attention.
-also I dont pot as fast as I can sometimes as it tends to annoy my dad when hes in our computer room

Done all 4 guardians multiple times with different mods

done 125/125 maps with this build
done all tier 15's with duo bosses
done atziri - not tried Uber
done Uber Lab a ton of times (also this build is trap immune, you just run through everything spamming 1234)

going to try Shaper tonight

Major con!
Make the ones who live with you / you live with despise you for hammering 1,2,3,4 with a loud keyboard.

Some notes:
I currently have 9.4k HP + 450 ES(I get this from my helm)
My Amulet needs a lot of work but has ok hp
My Cold/Ele Damage ring life roll is 35, trying to RNG another one with essences to have a large life pool as well as Cold Damage.
Boots and Gloves could do with some work
Gems need Area Damage ontop of their Life/Cold Dmg but hey ho.

Harvester 5 Link - I would definitely suggest using increased AoE over Vortex, I switched this out not to long ago and it seems to make thing so much easier.

Potting/Pots to Consider
RotGut ( using this has increased my clear speed by an absolute huge amount) - I have it up nearly all the time, I cleared Gorge in around 2 minutes with 3 monsters remaining - must have thought they were stray Worms >.<.

The Overflowing Chalice I used this one till I got the rhythm of pot generation (helped build back up the pots, I have since dropped this for Rotgut - this pot does give 40% Increased Damage and Conc Ground also though.

I really want to try "Dying Sun" to see the AoE Increase but cba to spend the exalts for it aha

!!Also positioning your pots in a specific order, seems to have made another big difference

I USED TO have it as:
(WJ= Writhing Jar / DE = Doedre's elixer)

WJ WJ WJ DE ?

Now I have it as
WJ WJ DE WJ ?

Not sure if its just due to practice of this change but I can always keep all my pots up just with worms in my hideout.

Overall, this build is insane, its really fun, can do most map mods (It will never do immune to status ailments, and 80% cold resistance is annoying with high more life.)

Just my review!
"
Guys what do you think, is it worth to buy The Calling divination cards to try to find a Harvest? Or should I just farm like the pleb I am till the end of the month to afford it?

I spent 5 cards and always the same item .... Edge of Madness Etched Greatsword
I have bad luck....
"
qwertz wrote:
"
muir wrote:
Spoiler

This appears to work well, the damage clearly ramps up swiftly on tanky bosses.

I did a couple fights vs D&T boss as a benchmark. Curious how this compares to your non-emberwake/taming builds in ESC/EHC.

I've also been playing around with different amulets, as I don't feel the slot is worth 100% inc life recovery. The bleed property is essentially useless since IC is up essentially permanently.

Ungil's Harmony is a fairly good option if you don't need the resists.

I'm also dual cursing Flammability + Assassin's mark for hopefully obvious reasons.

I'd like to try a poison scaling added chaos setup for HOI using generic Taming damage, but it would require a BBBGG harvest which is very challenging indeed.

Very neat! The only issue I see here is the lack of life and possibly resists. The 100% inc life recovery is absolutely insane on hard hitting bosses, but I guess for general mapping not required.

Current tree - experimenting with dual curses. I have approx 9500 life using a legacy Kaom's. I miss out on a potential ~240 base life using rings + gloves w/o life. All of my jewels have life % and resists to patch up. My rare gear is not very good, just what I had lying around in perm HC, and of course there is almost no possibility of trading for improvements.

I made some tweaks, just playing around with different combos. A lot of other options open up when you don't need damage on your tree or gear due to Taming. I'm unsure which is optimal, there are many variables and dynamic conditions. I think added chaos+poison could be extremely strong, but still cannot get the colours to test it despite spending another 1000 chromes last night.

- This mana reservation is barely able to fit, but it does provide a better synergy with Flammability. Things I don't like about splitting damage between cold and fire is a) It's not necessary for ignites with Hrimburn, b) it only 2/3 benefits from fire pen penetration, c) it only 1/3 benefits from CWDT frostbomb. It does however 2/3 benefit from flammability which synergizes nicely with emberwake giving HOI a total ignite chance of 80% and +10% duration. As a point of reference, the tooltip for HOI shows 2.1k damage when charges are up which I think must be a 'base damage' of sorts, not having any dmg on tree or gear.

- Ass mark to improve flask charge gen and higher crit chance = higher chance to freeze worms, along with some bonus mana/life on kill. Frost bomb feels like it might be wasted on this setup.

- I'm finding this four link CWDT BV setup to be sufficient, keep in mind I have a legacy Doedre's so get two uses out of the flask AND I am using a Diamond flask of warding. I think this is why I do not need an increased duration gem. I can start and sustain by myself (e.g., inside a trap) at any time using this combo, I doubt I could w/o the diamond flask.

- Dual cursing with flammability on a high level CWDT.

Here's a D&T Run with the above setup: https://www.twitch.tv/mcm375/v/94317446

I have no idea how this compares to 'conventional' Wormblaster3... let me know.
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Oct 11, 2016, 12:59:40 PM
3796 chromes later, I present to you, the worst enchantment ever:

And other stuff
\]
Last edited by cheelos on Oct 11, 2016, 2:46:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info