(2.4) Wormblaster the Third (A Herald of Ice build)

"
qwertz wrote:
"
Shaggy799 wrote:
What is your crit chance if you go to offense and click on blade vortex?

Not at home atm so can't check. But I've got 0 crit chance on gear. Using 20/20 increased crit gem at level 92 though - with harvest you gain crit as you level.

"
justpayne1414 wrote:
What would be the requirements needed before trying the Guardians and Shaper?

DPS is not actually as important as total life (lower dps just makes the fight last much longer - and you won't be able to save Zana so may die to the purple balls). For shaper I would probably try and get at least 8k damage on HOI with all buffs up (remember you can use a sulphur flask for extra damage, but bear in mind you have to dodge his slams and you may want to use a quicksilver) and 8.5 - 9k life.

I had around 9.2k life + 400mana (I'm using MoM) and around 9k dps with buffs up. Done 2 runs so far, both with 1 death each (first one Zana died & i got gibbed by the purple balls and second one I had a cramp in my hand :D).

Guardians are much easier (but also pretty tanky). Those I can tank with pretty crazy mods (see http://pathofmaps.com/users/1094).

Thanks for the reply, will try get more life on my gear currently sitting just about 7.8k @ lvl 83. I'm currently running blasphemy + frostbite should I drop this and run MoM?
@Shaggy - I sent you a PM

"
justpayne1414 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, will try get more life on my gear currently sitting just about 7.8k @ lvl 83. I'm currently running blasphemy + frostbite should I drop this and run MoM?

I have MoM on tree, but I run blasphemy-frostbite in cold resist, enfeeble & ele equilibrium maps. Otherwise your killspeed is too slow. For hard hitting bosses I just turn blasphemy off for an extra bit of EHP.

For shaper I changed my setup: I took out vortex (he can't be chilled anyways) and put frost bomb in my harvest. Then I put frostbite in my IC-CWDT setup. That way I still cursed him (slightly lower effectiveness, but better than nothing).
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Oct 10, 2016, 9:58:56 AM
Im transitioning my lvl 75 slayer into this build. I have a 6-Link Harvest and all but for some reason when I activate Doedre's Elixer it doesnt proc my BV 100% of the time. Its more like 50%.

How can i fix this?

Also my flasks are not recharging enough to sustain as your video does. Is taht due to lvl difference?

Thx.
Loving this build so far, 2/4 guardians down but my map luck has been really poor.

Im wondering for the helmet, is the 30% HOI reduction flat? like mine uses 63% atm, will that go to 33%? or more like 40 something %.

Is it better than getting the 40% increased HOI damage? Im hoping to take out shaper at some point soon, and not sure what to get, i assume being able to take MoM is a bigger benefit but I enjoy running the curse on blasphemy ontop of HOI.

EDIT: Whats the reccomended dps on HOI for shaper? im currently at 6.8k full buffed.
Last edited by bitbite11 on Oct 10, 2016, 9:46:45 AM
"
Im transitioning my lvl 75 slayer into this build. I have a 6-Link Harvest and all but for some reason when I activate Doedre's Elixer it doesnt proc my BV 100% of the time. Its more like 50%.

How can i fix this?

Also my flasks are not recharging enough to sustain as your video does. Is taht due to lvl difference?

Thx.

Hi what I have learnt is that you must have at least 5280 life as the flask is causing 10% of your life damage to you and with CODT at level 1 and BV on level 1 it procs everytime
Last edited by Shaggy799 on Oct 10, 2016, 9:07:54 AM
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Im wondering for the helmet, is the 30% HOI reduction flat? like mine uses 63% atm, will that go to 33%? or more like 40 something %.

Is it better than getting the 40% increased HOI damage? Im hoping to take out shaper at some point soon, and not sure what to get, i assume being able to take MoM is a bigger benefit but I enjoy running the curse on blasphemy ontop of HOI.

This is what it would look like with the 30% enchant and the support gems (1.4*1.4*.1.3) reservation - you can play with the mana values yourself. https://poe.mikelat.com/#o08qc/DwYA4d._b

For me it would be an extra 200 mana (400 vs 600).

Comes down to preference - do you need more damage or more "life". That being said, you can run MoM even without the helmet enchant. I'll just quote myself from earlier in this thread:

from above
"
qwertz wrote:

I have MoM on tree, but I run blasphemy-frostbite in cold resist, enfeeble & ele equilibrium maps. Otherwise your killspeed is too slow. For hard hitting bosses I just turn blasphemy off for an extra bit of EHP.

For shaper I changed my setup: I took out vortex (he can't be chilled anyways) and put frost bomb in my harvest. Then I put frostbite in my IC-CWDT setup. That way I still cursed him (slightly lower effectiveness, but better than nothing).

Edit on your edit: also answered above, I had about 9k. Probably wouldn't do it with less than 8k, would just be way too slow.

"
Shaggy799 wrote:
Spoiler
"

How can i fix this?

Thx.

Hi what I have learnt is that you must have at least 5280 life as the flask is causing 10% of your life damage to you and with CODT at level 1 and BV on level 1 it procs everytime

Not 100% correct. That would be the amount of life you'd need with 0% chaos resistance. Realistically your resist is lower though. At -60% about 3.8k life should be enough. Make sure your CWDT is level 1 though!
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Oct 10, 2016, 10:03:04 AM
"
qwertz wrote:
"
bitbite11 wrote:

This is what it would look like with the 30% enchant and the support gems (1.4*1.4*.1.3) reservation - you can play with the mana values yourself. https://poe.mikelat.com/#o08qc/DwYA4d._b

For me it would be an extra 200 mana (400 vs 600).

Comes down to preference - do you need more damage or more "life". That being said, you can run MoM even without the helmet enchant. I'll just quote myself from earlier in this thread:

from above
"
qwertz wrote:

Edit on your edit: also answered above, I had about 9k. Probably wouldn't do it with less than 8k, would just be way too slow.

"
Shaggy799 wrote:
Spoiler
"

How can i fix this?

Thx.

Not 100% correct. That would be the amount of life you'd need with 0% chaos resistance. Realistically your resist is lower though. At -60% about 3.8k life should be enough. Make sure your CWDT is level 1 though!

Thanks for all the info. I think I definitely need MoM. I party with some friends and I generally have to tank whatever map it is for the most part, so would rather not die. I guess frosbite on CWDT will have to do for now. Thanks!
Just did the Hydra @ lvl 85 so easy with this build :D

This appears to work well, the damage clearly ramps up swiftly on tanky bosses.

I did a couple fights vs D&T boss as a benchmark. Curious how this compares to your non-emberwake/taming builds in ESC/EHC.

I've also been playing around with different amulets, as I don't feel the slot is worth 100% inc life recovery. The bleed property is essentially useless since IC is up essentially permanently.

Ungil's Harmony is a fairly good option if you don't need the resists.

I'm also dual cursing Flammability + Assassin's mark for hopefully obvious reasons.

I'd like to try a poison scaling added chaos setup for HOI using generic Taming damage, but it would require a BBBGG harvest which is very challenging indeed.
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Oct 11, 2016, 12:17:44 AM

4 guardians down, getting more hp before shaper attempt (7,4k seems low).

tip top build wew!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info