2.6 CI Ignite Flameblast by Waldgaist - very good starting Build and decent Shaper farmer

I know he say's to get str on a few pieces, but where is he getting his? I don't see any on his gear and he still has more than me.
Can anyone suggest what jewels would be best for this build? CI single curse
"
xohhellox wrote:
Can anyone suggest what jewels would be best for this build? CI single curse

I use rare ones with mods like Fire damage, Energy shield, Cast speed (I just noticed I still have Assassin's haste slotted) and fixes for my dexterity and resistances.
✠ ✠
3 questions:

1)
"
Jay_J wrote:
"
Jay_J wrote:
About the dual curse version: Did you think about getting 2x 5% curse effect instead of 1x curse cast speed in the Whispers of Doom wheel? Considering that the curse cast speed does exactly nothing at all while 10% effect might be nice to have for 1 extra point ...?

No thoughts on this? Anybody? :)

have the same question. With Flammability and EleWeakness 10% Curse effect for 1 point is very good

2)Why did you take Cruel Preparation?
It's better to take 2 +int passives above jewel socket instead of life and int.
And if resistances are low, you can take 10% from Bandits for only 1 point.

3)Mastermind of Discord and Liege of the Primordial. What's better?
Mastermind gives +25% FPen, but
a)FPen works only with initial hit, it doesn't double dip ignite dmg.
b)Fire Golem with Liege gives 80% increased damage, both to initial hit and to ignite, without - only 20%
c)you have 2 curses, Fire Penetration, EE, some penetration from tree. So even on bosses you have about +100% dmg from FRes. With Mastermind it's only +125, meaning about 12-13% more total damage.
Total increase dmg is about 450, so Liege will give about 12-13% too, but it's double dip.
Also Liege gives us second golem, for example Lightning, increasing Cast Speed
Last edited by Horhen on Jan 24, 2017, 9:00:58 AM
"
Horhen wrote:
3 questions:

1)
"
Jay_J wrote:
"
Jay_J wrote:
About the dual curse version: Did you think about getting 2x 5% curse effect instead of 1x curse cast speed in the Whispers of Doom wheel? Considering that the curse cast speed does exactly nothing at all while 10% effect might be nice to have for 1 extra point ...?

No thoughts on this? Anybody? :)

have the same question. With Flammability and EleWeakness 10% Curse effect for 1 point is very good

2)Why did you take Cruel Preparation?
It's better to take 2 +int passives above jewel socket instead of life and int.
And if resistances are low, you can take 10% from Bandits for only 1 point.

3)Mastermind of Discord and Liege of the Primordial. What's better?
Mastermind gives +25% FPen, but
a)FPen works only with initial hit, it doesn't double dip ignite dmg.
b)Fire Golem with Liege gives 80% increased damage, both to initial hit and to ignite, without - only 20%
c)you have 2 curses, Fire Penetration, EE, some penetration from tree. So even on bosses you have about +100% dmg from FRes. With Mastermind it's only +125, meaning about 12-13% more total damage.
Total increase dmg is about 450, so Liege will give about 12-13% too, but it's double dip.
Also Liege gives us second golem, for example Lightning, increasing Cast Speed

5% Curse effect: Just a way to save a point, and the added boost to a 20/20 Flammability is only 4% more resist and 1.4% chance to ignite. Could argue that passive point is better spend elsewhere (like pathing towards Celestial Punishment)

Cruel Preparation: He's using an Energy From Within in the nearby jewel socket, turning Cruel Preparation and the two life nodes into a total of +20% Energy Shield (as well as turning Heart and Soul nodes into another 16% Energy Shield). That's much much MUCH better than two points of flat Int. Plus, you know, +5 all resists.

Liege of the Primordial: Sure, it's a better tooltip DPS choice, and it doesn't require doing Uber Lab to unlock, and it's kinda fun turning into a mini Golemancer. But it does come with some downsides, such as using at least two gem slots to get your golems, and two golems (or even one) can really hurt you on chain maps. Plus, they're still fairly squishy even at 20/20 (without support gems) and having free hotkeys or time to re-cast them can be a problem. Fire Golem will also make your EE less predictable. And remember, this build is mostly about big boss fights, and having that extra, almost guaranteed penetration from Mastermind against things like the Shaper (or ignite immune mobs) is worth more than flat DPS increases from the golems that will die in seconds, and your non-boss clear speed and ignite damage is already excellent.
"
Capozzi wrote:

5% Curse effect: Just a way to save a point, and the added boost to a 20/20 Flammability is only 4% more resist and 1.4% chance to ignite. Could argue that passive point is better spend elsewhere (like pathing towards Celestial Punishment)

Cruel Preparation: He's using an Energy From Within in the nearby jewel socket, turning Cruel Preparation and the two life nodes into a total of +20% Energy Shield (as well as turning Heart and Soul nodes into another 16% Energy Shield). That's much much MUCH better than two points of flat Int. Plus, you know, +5 all resists.

Liege of the Primordial: Sure, it's a better tooltip DPS choice, and it doesn't require doing Uber Lab to unlock, and it's kinda fun turning into a mini Golemancer. But it does come with some downsides, such as using at least two gem slots to get your golems, and two golems (or even one) can really hurt you on chain maps. Plus, they're still fairly squishy even at 20/20 (without support gems) and having free hotkeys or time to re-cast them can be a problem. Fire Golem will also make your EE less predictable. And remember, this build is mostly about big boss fights, and having that extra, almost guaranteed penetration from Mastermind against things like the Shaper (or ignite immune mobs) is worth more than flat DPS increases from the golems that will die in seconds, and your non-boss clear speed and ignite damage is already excellent.

1)So the only reason is lack of skillpoints?
2)Hm, i forgot about one more Energy From Within.

3)
a)
"
and having that extra, almost guaranteed penetration from Mastermind against things like the Shaper (or ignite immune mobs) is worth more than flat DPS increases from the golems that will die in seconds

it isn't worth more, they are nearly equal in effect, (forgetting about double dip)
also golems with elemental imune doesn't die in second, and they are often recast cause of linking with CWDT.
So it's mostly a matter of taste, i think.

b)
And i think not only about this build.
I try 100%-ignite VRF. Differences are rather small, but they are, cause i had no such problems))
Last edited by Horhen on Jan 24, 2017, 7:34:36 PM
Cast Orb, cast Flameblast, repeat.

Golems just dilute the build's focus, and you can NOT count on having a golem when you really need it without more investment in passive tree/gear/sockets. You can't.

I'm 85 with the dual-curse version of this build right now, and I tried Liege with a Fire and Lightning golem (unlinked) for several levels. In red maps and breach clears there's too much time spent recasting the golems and not much real-world benefit. Linking them to CWDT is an option, but that costs you things like Tempest shield, or another increased duration Vaal Discipline, etc, things I wasn't willing to give up.

Plus, 20/20 Lightning and Fire Golems both stress your STR/DEX requirements, you can get by with less of either by not using them. Which frees up room in your gear for other stats, and maybe even saves you a point or two on the tree. For example, dropping the golems let me scour off STR and DEX from a couple of crafted -8 Elreon rings so I could replace those stats with % ES (32% total, a huge boost), and was also able to run a cheap (5c) 120 ES crystal belt since I didn't need STR on it.

But if you like the little dudes, go for it. For me, Pendulum/Mastermind is much MUCH more reliable, and a LOT less hassle, for everything from trash clearing to breach busting to boss fights.

This build as the OP designed it is all about EE and resist debuffs and penetration to give the best possible single target results against any target in any environment with excellent survival chances (and has solid clear speed as well). All without too much complexity in play.

can u do this without going ci to?
Nice build :)
Hello

I just want some info from members.

I'm running into mana issues.Especially when doing Breach's.

I need to keep my Mana flask close to me.

If i up my Mana regen or Mana leech which one would be better.

Tnx in advance for replies.

@waldgaist i had a look at your videos you don't have any Mana issues.
They are super quick to fill up. Any rule of thumb i should know off?
Last edited by jgundlach on Feb 6, 2017, 5:02:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info