[2.4] Full conversion AoF Ancestral Warchieftain

Here's the tree I'm thinking of respeccing into (level 90), moving away from Witch area into Duelist area:

The key differences are (both using 112 pts):

North / South
Flat Life: 243 / 287
Life %: 214% / 221%
Regen: 3.6% / 5.4% (can run Blood Rage)
Wpn Range: - / +2 (irrelevant for Ancestral Warchief, sadly)
IAS: 25% / 54%
%MPD: 159% / 276%
Fire/Ele Dmg: 125% / 72%
Fire Pen: 0% / 8%
Area Dmg: 50% / 20%
Radius: 35% / 15%
Movement: N/A / No Armour Penalty (irrelevant if you wear Kaom's)

1. So you can see going south gives you a chunk more dps as:
- MPD+Ele Dmg+Area Dmg = 34% in favour of Duelist
- IAS = 29% in favour of duelist (like a level 5 FA gem)
- 8% Fire Penetration (significant!) vs zero if you go Witch

2. Duelist also wins on life by a little:
- 44 more flat life (about one and a half passive point's worth)
- 7% more life %

3. Going Duelsit means you can also take one 30-Dex node so you can run Blood Rage (19% IAS) without needing Dex rolls on gear.

BUT you lose 20% radius of area skills, which is a level one IAoE gem.

So, the question is, is the loss of 20% radius AOE worth all the benefits above - namely almost 50% IAS with blood rage on, and probably 300 more life? I really wouldn't want to lose a gem to run IAOE, as even the lowest dps gem in my 6L setup provides around 40k dps (almost 50% more damage - Elemental Focus).

It'd clearly be better to go Duelist for boss fights, as the loss of 20% radius is largely irrelevant. But map clearing speed might suffer given loss of radius.

Thoughts?

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Sep 22, 2016, 6:47:52 PM
Last edited by mrpetrov on Sep 22, 2016, 7:06:08 PM
That tree seems like a ton of stat nodes and not enough damage, but I'm on my phone so I can't use a planner to compare just how much overall is lost
ign - Zilead
"
Nicol wrote:
That tree seems like a ton of stat nodes and not enough damage, but I'm on my phone so I can't use a planner to compare just how much overall is lost

There's certainly the ability to take more dps nodes, but as Berserker I don't need more DPS or mana. If there's a more efficient way to achieve life/dps I'm all for it..!

Here's a version which grabs the Lava Leash node instead of going deep into Duelist. You lose about 20% IAS (+19% from Blood Rage) but you gain 8% Fire Pen, which is frankly probably worth it. 8% Fire Pen translates to about 5-13% MORE damage depending on the targets fire res (0-max% fire res), which is a better dps outcome than c.40% from IAS+Blood Rage.

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Sep 22, 2016, 9:22:31 PM
The problem I have lava lash and most skill nodes in the duelist area is that they're in such awkward positions for the ideal builds you want to do. Same goes for Deadly Dilettante and Dirty Techniques. Horrible positions for decent nodes.

In short: Duelist and Ranger trees are god awful.

Edit: And for some reason I really dislike the pathing from Marauder to Duelist via the bottom line.
Last edited by liamwpk on Sep 23, 2016, 2:14:26 AM
liamwpk, give me your amulet and there doesn't have to be any trouble here <jealous>.

I like your tree, but I can't give up the radius from the witch nodes and I really want Lava Lash, so I went the most southern route to Duelist. Much of a muchness really, down to personal preferences I guess!
I think I got a good snipe on that amulet, like it wasn't too expensive. But yea I need to play around with the tree I think still, I kinda want the AoE but I'll see how it goes without.

Back to another day of grinding lab for a boot enchant...
Last edited by liamwpk on Sep 23, 2016, 11:23:58 AM
So I picked up a pair of ele weakness verusos for cheap and I'm thinking about trying a berserker version, maybe full lightning which would free up ring slots admittedly at the cost of ele focus. This may be okay though since shocking could be nice. I don't know if I can use the gloves in a full fire version since resists then become harder to manage, and I feel like it's necessary to go enduring cry berserker or juggernaut (which wouldn't be totems anymore) to easily use endurance charges

Just toying around a bit since I've really wanted ele weakness gloves for this and managed to get a pair ^^
ign - Zilead
Okay so I've just ran close to 50 enchant attempts on my boots (lol). I reached maximum frustration so I think I'm going to retire this build and reroll something else.

I've wasted far too much currency on this so yea...
Why did you focus so much on the boots - it's not like they make or break the build (10% ele pen is about 10% more damage, so nice but not build defining)? Have you got to Shaper yet? Can I buy your amulet off you?:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info