[2.4] Full conversion AoF Ancestral Warchieftain

BREACH UPDATE

Seems to be pretty good for the build. Saves on passive points, extra damage, however you'll need to make up a lot of resistances.

------------------------
This is a build that I saw a high level character on the EHC ladder running and thought that it was very creative and ingenious. His account name is BulbikGRN.

Haven't seen any real mention of this style of build elsewhere but I think it's highly creative and is well rounded.

Ascendancy
I would path first for Hinekora, Death's Fury, and then Tukohama, War's Herald as the last points.

Levelling
For levelling ideally you want a tabula rasa (for easy 6L or just use a 5L rare which you can buy for cheap)

Starter gems I would recommended Sweep into Sunder. Use Limbsplit into Wideswing. Then at level 28 I would use Earthquake (link with less duration asap) using Geofri's Baptism. This should carry you for a decent amount of time, then just look for a medium damage mace/axe on xyz or Cauteriser. End game levelling unique weapons you can use are kaom's primacy, hezmana's bloodlust (i would recommend this) or you can use marohi erqi. These weapons are all around level 50-65 ish.
Or you can use Kongor's Undying Rage which is also ideal and major part of the build.

tldr: look for the unique levelling weapons particularly mace/axe
Use Earthquake - less duration - melee phys - added fire - inc aoe - fortify
You can also use your warchief right away as a supplement to your main hand dps.

Use other gem combos like auras (hatred, herald of fire) and also cwdt immortal call, inc duration

Gem links
Ancestral Warchief - Melee Phys - Weapon ele - Fire pen - Phys to light - Inc Aoe

Drop inc aoe in a 5L imo

Cwdt - immortal call - inc duration - vaal haste

orb of storms - inc crit - inc aoe - hatred

leap slam - herald of ash - faster attacks - free slot (i use an offering to remove bodies or enduring cry)

Bandits
Oak - Kraityn - Kill

Gearing/Levelling

Can be run cheaper, my gear is pretty much complete. All it needs at the start is a 5L and Kongor's and the two rings. Everything else is just a nice boost to damage and survivability.

Just level as your regularly would as a Marauder so usually that would be a form of Earthquake/Ancestral Warchief combo until you reach level 70 ish and then respec into full totem build if you want.

Why Kongor's Undying Rage?

Kongor's gives you "Hits can't be evaded" but retains the ability to crit unlike Resolute Technique. This then opens up the option of picking "Elemental Overload" for the 40% more elemental damage.

For budget builds this is best in slot weapon. If you have the currency then a 6L Atziri's Disfavour is ideal (respec into RT and axe nodes).

What is AoF?

Avatar of Fire is a notable on the passive tree which converts all non fire damage sources to fire damage by 50% (except chaos damage) and you also deal no non-fire damage. This is crucial to the build to allow for 100% fire damage conversion while also utilising the two unique rings (Pyre and Call of the Brotherhood and Physical to Lightning gem link).

Not only are your totems immune to reflect but fire damage scaling is one of the strongest elements allowing for ignite chance and strong burn damage.

Conversion:-

Phys - 50% (Fire) + 50% (Lightning)
Light - 50% (Fire) + 50% (Cold)
Cold - 50% (Fire) + 100% (Fire)

Why Chieftain?

Chieftain offers the strong survivability of being able to leech from your totem damage. Since we deal no damage ourselves, this is vital.

The crucial node is Tukohama which makes your totems immune to fire damage, allowing you to run ele reflect maps because you won't have to keep resummoning the totem. Other nodes other moderate damage/defense buffs.

Why The Pyre and Call of the Brotherhood?

Full conversion of all types of damage to fire as this is our only source of damage. It's is 100% essential to have these rings.

Why Kaom's Heart?

Offers fire damage bonus and also a large amount of life. Aim for +1 max resist for the extra tankiness.

If you don't have Kaom's, you can use a rare 6L (removes the need for 6L kongors).

Labyrinth Enchants

Helm enchant you want 12% Ancestral Warchief radius to provide more AoE and more coverage.
Boot enchant you want 10% Elemental penetration (decent uptime as you only lose the buff if you ignite kills) - you can run Elemental Focus as a gem link (in place of Inc AoE) to remove ignite chance and have 100% uptime.

NOTE: Because YOU don't kill the mobs, your totem does, you do not lose the Ele penetration unless you ignite kills.

Map mods

I've yet to come across a map mod I can't run yet. Just be careful for rippy mod combos.

Jewel Search

http://poe.trade/search/igenukotodoton change for your league requirements

Last edited by liamwpk on Mar 24, 2019, 6:42:33 AM
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2017, 3:28:06 AM
Okay I think my gear is near enough best-in-slot now.
I'm looking for a good labrunner, how does the damage compare to the facebreaker totem version? I do see that this build is a whole lot tankier then that.
"
Gilgacash wrote:
I'm looking for a good labrunner, how does the damage compare to the facebreaker totem version? I do see that this build is a whole lot tankier then that.
Does lab really well, like I have never come close to dying on Izaro, but then again I'm not the most experienced of farmers looking for all the keys etc.

Facebreaker is probably more damage. I think with max buffs, damage reaches 100k per totem DPS (without conc effect). Haven't tried with conc but I would use that for Izaro. Also I would slot in Enduring Cry just to get some charges.

Edit: I should really post my stats of the character here but I'm on temporary break from the game until new skills are released.
Last edited by liamwpk on Sep 18, 2016, 4:20:45 PM
Thanks for the reply ^^. Any thoughts towards Brainrattler Minotaurs weapon? it has a innate lightning conversion and a chance to shock for area's like Izaro where you cant use Vaal skills or does that shock chacne not transfer over to the totems?
"
Gilgacash wrote:
Thanks for the reply ^^. Any thoughts towards Brainrattler Minotaurs weapon? it has a innate lightning conversion and a chance to shock for area's like Izaro where you cant use Vaal skills or does that shock chacne not transfer over to the totems?
No too sure if the Shock chance carries over, I presume it does. However Kongor's Mace is definitely best in slot since it gives you RT which then allows you to take Elemental Overload (which is a huge DPS increase).
Hi guys,

I'm running a very similar version of this build too after seeing it on the ladder.

I'm running it with Berserker (for the 40% more damage multiplier and warcry healing) on Essence softcore, instead of Chieftain.

I'm also using a 6L Atziri's Disfavour instead of Kongor's. In my view, Disfavour is preferable to Kongor's - if you can afford it - for a few reasons:

1. you lose Elemental Overload, but you gain about 20% more dps from the weapon itself (c. 600dps vs 500dps)
2. you no longer have to bother casting something like Orb of Storms semi-regularly, so dps is more consistent and the play style is easier/less fussing around
3. you get +2 weapon radius (!)
4. you free up 3-4 gem slots for other skills since you no longer use Orb of Storms. Instead you can use, for example, CWDT(20)-Molten Shell, Rallying Cry (which provides a very big dps (and healing if Berserker) boost), and you can add Fortify to your Leap Slam (20% defence!!)

I use Ancestral Warchief--Ele Focus--Phys to Lightning--Fire Pen--Weapon Ele Dmg-Melee Phys Dmg.

With Atziri's disfavour, sitting in town my dps is 83.4k per totem. It's 117k in hideout without flasks, and in battle its regularly well over 200k dps per totem (with Rallying Cry and Lion's Roar both up). I sit at 6.7k life and resistances capped even with an Elemental Weakness map mod. Level 87.

As Berserker I can still run Ele Reflect maps as the totems one shot almost everything, but it's clearly more of a hassle than if you were Chieftain. In my view, the damage boost from Berserker and using Rallying Cry is worth the hassle of Ele Reflect maps, but each to their own on this point - I'm a total dps whore.

Also, I chatted with the guy who is using this build ranked #2 on EHC and he said he'd use Atziri's if he could afford it.

Petrov.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Sep 18, 2016, 7:32:51 PM
Well to be fair, Disfavour is one of those weapons that trumps everything (same if you manage to get a 650+ dps mace elsewhere) but not necessary and just a win more condition.

Kongor's is much easier to obtain and can still manage all content. But if you have the budget for Disfavour then go for it (it's like the only saving grace for melee builds at the moment imo).
"
liamwpk wrote:
Well to be fair, Disfavour is one of those weapons that trumps everything (same if you manage to get a 650+ dps mace elsewhere) but not necessary and just a win more condition.

Kongor's is much easier to obtain and can still manage all content. But if you have the budget for Disfavour then go for it (it's like the only saving grace for melee builds at the moment imo).

I agree with this too, Kongor's is also great and much cheaper that Disfavour! It's a really good build. I tried the physical version and I much prefer this conversion version to the physical one personally.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Sep 19, 2016, 10:10:11 AM
Hi there!
First of all many thanks for explanation of that build, you allowed me not to do a hard work, because i cant speak english well.
The main goal was try to make something that can farm maps with any mods and do it fast, so if you want insane dps for farming atziri/lab/shaper your choice shoud be berserker with phys/poison/blid or phys/ele dmg.
As noted, disfavour better than kongor, but not on start of league. Nevertheless i can farm any tier of maps with kongor fast and will add some vidios later.
Maybe worth add more information about full convertion all dmg to fire? Not all understand it well.
Набор в гильдию - ru.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15082

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info