R.I.P. [2.6] Explosive Arrow - Elementalist Build Guide (multi class + version, in depth theory)

"
The build is really versatile gearwise. It can easily clear High tier maps running a MF configuration. If i had an extra blue socket on the bow would also run IIR gem.

GZ on the empower!

Thanks!

Yes the build is very versatile. You can even have cull and IIR gems on swap or something. Personally I'm just so over MF. I just don't care about that at all.

The rare quiver might be a very good call. I am now looking into using one myself as they are cheap, prime candidates for Vaaling. You can get life, and resists on them. Potentially even accuracy rating.
Most importantly this would allow me to get a second Opal ring witch would boost (increase) my dps for about 30%.
The only thing i lose is some defenses but that is not the worst.

@Xafniko: I already responded on the other thread. What Fhark said might be the best choice. Or you can try your luck with 5 links and then take the leap to 6 link if you really want after a successful corruption.
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Which would be the best budget option? Witch, Champion or Berserker?
"
Greengroove wrote:
@Xafniko: I already responded on the other thread. What Fhark said might be the best choice. Or you can try your luck with 5 links and then take the leap to 6 link if you really want after a successful corruption.

Hey greenie i pretty much deck out my gears and have like 30-40ex to spare. there's ain;t a +1 atm in esc, that y i am considering of making one.

but then after my post, i also realize the coloring issue... damm... its a mountain to climb, i might just give up although...

Last edited by Xafniko on Oct 16, 2016, 8:01:30 AM
"
Xafniko wrote:

but then after my post, i also realize the coloring issue... damm... its a mountain to climb, i might just give up although...

Yeah It's a long shot indeed. I don't think the result is worth the investment. But if you corrupt a 6 socket you can at least get the colors right...

Either way gl.

@Voroseeg: I'd say the Elementalist is the friendliest of them. And the tree with less damage and more defenses is easier to level with. The damage is also just fine for almost anything.
That tree branches out from the start and goes straight to the efficient nodes in Templar area.
After that it's straight to Blood magic. You can just follow the leveling guide in this thread.
Whats the best tree for around 9k life build?
"
NepNY1 wrote:
Whats the best tree for around 9k life build?

Well is that for SC or HC? Do you want to do Witch or other class? Do you want to do a Grand Spectrum or normal build? What is your end goal?

My trees should have between 7k-8k life without any life on jewels. I am not sure how much more life can you get from 6 jewels. More life is possible with rare gear instead of using uniques.

The builds can change a lot. There's just so many options. So it really depends on what you want from it.

New video: Grand Spectrum EA Elementalist - Multi. proj. Dual boss T13 Plaza
https://youtu.be/Mu8hNf8T1j4
Last edited by Greengroove on Oct 17, 2016, 7:14:35 PM
Went with the "Most damage, less life, harder for leveling" tree. Now I wonder if I should take Pendulum of Destruction and Mastermind of Discord with Elemental Focus instead of Chance to Ignite, Shaper of Desolation and Beacon of Ruin to be able to do Atziri or other Ignite immune bosses more reliably. Which would be better overall?
Last edited by Voroseeg on Oct 18, 2016, 2:03:53 AM
"
Voroseeg wrote:
Went with the "Most damage, less life, harder for leveling" tree. Now I wonder if I should take Pendulum of Destruction and Mastermind of Discord with Elemental Focus instead of Chance to Ignite, Shaper of Desolation and Beacon of Ruin to be able to do Atziri or other Ignite immune bosses more reliably. Which would be better overall?

I haven't tried personally. But You can try and let me know. I suggest using Orb of storms to proc Mastermind of Discord. Ideally you can switch to Elemental focus for that.

However Pendulum of Destruction can not be relied upon. Especially Beacon of Ruin is more like a general quality of life thing rather than a must have dps option.

Also you should know that the Atziri split phase is the most dangerous phase as far as Atziri. She can be ignited in that phase so maybe you can swap el. overload for chance to ignite there. On the other hand you might be able to kill her fast enough without the burn.

Id say try it out and please let me know how it goes, gl.
A couple things about enchants. I bought some gloves with an annoying enchant that did fire damage anyway, so I ran normal lab real quick to reroll it. I got Cast Word of War on Kill, which turned out low key amazing. It summons an animated copy of your weapon, in this case, a quill rain, which just goes ham attacking everything on the screen. This is amazing, because it uses default attack, which includes the lightning damage I have for EE. Essentially, i have a little animated quill rain constantly tagging everything and keeping my EE up. It also has a 5sec cooldown but a 10 sec duration, so you usually have two of them up. Definitely something to consider for this build, it's very useful.

Also, my understanding is that the 40% inc EA damage helm enchant does not double dip on ignites. I saw recommended somewhere to get 150% increased effect of flame golem buff instead. This would give us an additional 30% increased damage when the golem is up. What do you think about this? 30% increased double dipping damage would be superior to 40% increased damage that doesnt double dip, right?

EDIT: Well just realized that minion hits don't trigger EE for you. If that applies to the enchant, as im assuming it does, then disregard the first paragraph lol. Got really excited about nothing.
Last edited by dwperry on Oct 25, 2016, 8:08:04 PM
Yeah it is hard to know how everything works in this game. I was also going to say that anything you hit will apply EE. Even when you shoot explosive arrow it still applies EE correctly.

I was not aware that the 40% increased damage doesn't double dip (i assumed it did). If that is true then the other enchant might be better. But I am sure that the 40% increased EA damage is still very good if you know what i mean. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info