R.I.P. [2.6] Explosive Arrow - Elementalist Build Guide (multi class + version, in depth theory)

My conclusion is that his tree is optimized for at least 118 skill points allocated. After scaling his tree down to 114 points (level ~93) my tree was actually starting to look somewhat "better".

My tree is much easier for leveling for a few reasons. Let's just call it efficient pathing.

I am still thinking tho. Because I am focusing on the burning aspect. And that is not necessarily a good thing. It has its obvious setbacks. I will have to do a lot more testing. But leveling will be easier with my tree for sure.
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Last edited by Greengroove on Sep 14, 2016, 7:06:54 PM
Great insight!! Really appreciate the time you have taken to compare the builds...

I ask because I originally did IamPeyters version back in 2.2, level 87, and I loved it... and looking to revive an EA build. I did Normal Atziri with his build last time... now I'm hoping to do Uber Atziri/Lab... perhaps with his build or your build.

One thing I am struggling with now though (using my old EA build based on IamPeyters version) is the single target damage... it seems to be a lot less than previous. Can't remember if I used frost wall or not previously but perhaps I did and that's the difference.

P.S. I use this gem and it's awesome :)

Maybe you can open the character tab and let me see your gear.

I have now revived my Champion and I use IamPeyter's tree but very slightly modified. My elementalist build is quite different. For Atziri and stuff like lab I think IamPeyter is the better choice. As some bosses can't be ignited. But for the stuff that can be ignited I want to see how far I can push it.
I still have a few ideas I want to test.
Im playing a bersker version of Explosive Arrow atm.

Do you think the advantages with Elementalist over berserker can justify a reroll of class?
I can not comment on that. I have been told that the Berserker is the best for damage. I think that If you have fun just keep paying Berserker. I would like to hear your experience with it.
Is this option just as viable for HC as the Duelist version?

Can you let me know the pros and cons of going either one.
Witch is more fun with prolif and better with damage. Champion has better defenses with perma fortify. The main differences are the Ascendancy nodes. Champion also buffs allies. Both have a similar play style.

For HC I would definitely go with Champion. I would also try to rely on explosions instead of burn cause some stuff can not be ignited.

Still be aware of the mods that will hinder you.
I already rolled a witch as I thought it would be more fun.

Do you think I will have major issues with running witch?
I am also doing witch. It will be great. I will test Mastermind of discord if I ever get to t16 bosses. I'm playing Champ on standard but it will take time before I get to test all i want.

I got this today. Not the best but at least i can use...

And I just bought this for ele weakness map / general mapping. Essence worm is only needed in very difficult material.

Last edited by Greengroove on Sep 15, 2016, 6:28:39 PM

Do you think I will be okay running a witch on HC?

Will I have to be more careful?

What should my gear progression be... I have a 5L Quill but deciding on what to spend my currency on next to get hte most out of the build to buy teh rest of the stuf..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I wasn't able to find your outline for how to progress through the ascendancy with witch.

Can you let me know which ones I should prioritize?

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info