Path of Exile Community Designed Unique - Part 4 - Select the Name and Flavour Text

What should the name and flavour text of the unique be?

King's Subjugation: Two noble kings, Nightmare bound. Now Death they bring, both uncrowned.
74513.47%
Unyielding Wind: Always remember, my son: be like the wind, swift enough to evade an obstacle, yet strong enough to obliterate it.
89516.18%
Daresso's Spite: Only fools ignore their fear. Courage is wading into battle in spite of it. - Daresso, the Sword King
76213.77%
Daresso's Prudence: A seasoned swordsman never goes into battle unarmoured, even when he's confident his opponent won't land a single blow.
60310.9%
Hero's Valour: A good defense is nothing with no answer to the force. An onslaught lies before you, but you shall stay the course.
4628.35%
Perseverance: Some blows must be evaded. Some blows must be endured. The trick is to tell them apart. - Daresso, the Sword King
206537.33%
Poll closed
What a trash unique....
No life, no res and pretty useless buffs for a level 78 item....

This one is way better, even if have shitty res rolls

"
Akymo86 wrote:
My favorite name got the least amount of votes.. and my least favorite name got the most amount of votes... Yeah another unique that will have a terrible name when it's being released.. I guess i'm with the minority. :(
nice guess
So the crappiest text gets the most votes. Sounds similar to the political system.
Perseverance flavor text is the best by far but the name needs work. It got my vote in the hopes that you make the name more relative to the flavor text. Something to do with daresso a little more maybe.

Because I don't think you should suggest using an alternative without providing some option, here are some possibilities.

Daresso's Redoubt
Daresso's Guard
The Bastion (It seems relative to the flavor text and doesn't use daresso's name in the title)

Anyway there's my 2 cents.
It seems to me that the Perserverance flavour text is most popular and rightfully so, it's great! However, as others have already mentioned, the name is perhaps not fitting for the evasion/offensive attributes of the belt. I suggest Daresso's Cunning although it is likely too similar to the names of existing uniques I do like the idea of cunning (or a similar adjective) since it would match with the flavour text. Just throwing my thoughts out there. Shoutout to GGG and the community!
Last edited by Fancymanjr on Sep 14, 2016, 6:00:25 PM
Perseverance's name and flavor text is so bland.

Unyielding Wind has the most badass text among them so I voted for that.
Closed Beta Member.
"
Perseverance: Some blows must be evaded. Some blows must be endured. The trick is to tell them apart. - Daresso, the Sword King

Line #2 of Perseverence should be something like "The great warrior must know the difference" - "the trick" is too *modern* and "them" isn't super clear, it's probably referring to the two types of blows but it might be referring to the two tactics for avoiding harm (grammatically - contextually it's clearly referring to the two types of attacks).

The name is wrong too. Needs something about judgement in the face of danger, with a dash of *speed*.

Perhaps Combat Reflexes?
"
Simplexity99 wrote:
should have named it The Ziggy D with the text saying " Gooday ZiggyD Heah. "

haha nice

or maybe
"Get'n'Ziggy Widdit"
and text
"That's all for now, this is ZiggyD and Thanks for wotching"

or even
"ZiggyDidit"
and text
"Amazing.. That is soo cool!"
IMO the belt will probably have some generic modifiers like life and all res or something; it currently only has 3 mods. So don't think it will be bad there.

Personally, I could care less about the stun grants fortify on this belt. The exciting things on it are, in order:
1. Onslaught while fortified
2. 1% attack damage per 300 of the lowest of your Evasion and Armor

It should be pretty doable to make a build with at least 15K EV and AR, which would be 50% attack damage. But if I were to get this belt I would build around being fortified first.

Seems tailor made for the Champion class.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
No Belty McBeltface option?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info