Path of Exile Community Designed Unique - Part 4 - Select the Name and Flavour Text

What should the name and flavour text of the unique be?

King's Subjugation: Two noble kings, Nightmare bound. Now Death they bring, both uncrowned.
74513.47%
Unyielding Wind: Always remember, my son: be like the wind, swift enough to evade an obstacle, yet strong enough to obliterate it.
89516.18%
Daresso's Spite: Only fools ignore their fear. Courage is wading into battle in spite of it. - Daresso, the Sword King
76213.77%
Daresso's Prudence: A seasoned swordsman never goes into battle unarmoured, even when he's confident his opponent won't land a single blow.
60310.9%
Hero's Valour: A good defense is nothing with no answer to the force. An onslaught lies before you, but you shall stay the course.
4628.35%
Perseverance: Some blows must be evaded. Some blows must be endured. The trick is to tell them apart. - Daresso, the Sword King
206537.33%
Poll closed
I really think the increased damage scaling is a little off. I would prefer per 300ev/ar. 400 is too much.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
voted!
Disappointed. Bad votes. IMO.
I like the flavour text for Perseverance the most, but I don't like the name. oh well I'm still voting for it.
We are a legion for we are many. No one shall stand in the way of the exiles of wraeclast.
I like the flavour text for Perseverance the most, but I don't like the name. oh well I'm still voting for it. i like this game..
SmiltonekCz
should have named it The Ziggy D with the text saying " Gooday ZiggyD Heah. "
Don't get butthurt over those liking Unyielding Wind...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Unyielding Wind has a grammatical error in the flavor text that makes it read awkwardly every time I go over it. Also: "my son". Make this short and sweet, and it'd be pretty good. "Be as the wind: swift enough to evade, but strong enough to destroy" or something.

The "both uncrowned" clause in King's Subjugation sounds a little awkward to me, but it's not bad. I don't know wtf it's a reference to in context of the belt and its mods, though.

The word "force" ruins Hero's Valour, to me. The name is decent, but "no answer to the force" sounds like "hmm, what can I add that rhymes?" It's not a natural construction.

Perseverance is really solid. The text fits, and it sounds like something that might actually be a maxim in Wraeclast.

(Daresso's Spite and Daresso's Prudence have decent flavor text, especially the latter -- the former sounds good, but does it fit the belt? -- but sort of generic-ish names. Perseverance wins handily in both categories anyway, IMO.)

But who's gonna use this item? Does anyone ever give up slots and affixes in favor of stun? Eva/Armor belt is a great idea, but I have literally never made use of stun, and I've played since open beta (albeit as a total noob, mostly).
Last edited by Haklangr on Sep 14, 2016, 3:52:26 PM
Voted for King's Subjugation.

Has most style of them, imo
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Last edited by Hunwulf on Sep 14, 2016, 3:42:05 PM
"
Haklangr wrote:
Unyielding Wind has a grammatical error in the flavor text that makes it read awkwardly every time I go over it. Also: "my son". Make this short and sweet, and it'd be pretty good. "Be as the wind: swift enough to evade, but strong enough to destroy" or something.

The "both uncrowned" clause in King's Subjugation sounds a little awkward to me, but it's not bad. I don't know wtf it's a reference to in context of the belt and its mods, though.

The word "force" ruins Hero's Valour, to me. The name is decent, but "no answer to the force" sounds like "hmm, what can I add that rhymes?" It's not a natural construction.

Perseverance is really solid. The text fits, and it sounds like something that might actually be a maxim in Wraeclast.

(Daresso's Spite and Daresso's Prudence have decent flavor text, especially the latter -- the former sounds good, but does it fit the belt? -- but sort of generic-ish names. Perseverance wins handily in both categories anyway, IMO.)

But who's gonna use this item? Does anyone ever give up slots and affixes in favor of stun? Eva/Armor belt is a great idea, but I have literally never made use of stun, and I've played since open beta (albeit as a total noob, mostly).

I'm with you on this (apart from the grammatical error, don't see it, english is not my first language).
the flow of the text made me ultimately vote for "perseverance". but I'd love it if the item name was "daresso's perseverance" or something to give it a little more punch.

most of my character ends up as physical DPS, so I'm mostly in belt with increased damage, but I'd like to have that with armor and evasion. might be a good way for a ranger with bow to get a little armor. might also work with shadow (well, the only shadow I made is a total wreck, maybe because his armor and evasion is so low)
Everytime I yank a jawbone from a skull, then ram it in an eyesocket, I know I'm buildin' a better future !
Last edited by misatokitkat on Sep 14, 2016, 4:01:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info