Path of Exile Community Designed Unique - Part 4 - Select the Name and Flavour Text

What should the name and flavour text of the unique be?

King's Subjugation: Two noble kings, Nightmare bound. Now Death they bring, both uncrowned.
74513.47%
Unyielding Wind: Always remember, my son: be like the wind, swift enough to evade an obstacle, yet strong enough to obliterate it.
89516.18%
Daresso's Spite: Only fools ignore their fear. Courage is wading into battle in spite of it. - Daresso, the Sword King
76213.77%
Daresso's Prudence: A seasoned swordsman never goes into battle unarmoured, even when he's confident his opponent won't land a single blow.
60310.9%
Hero's Valour: A good defense is nothing with no answer to the force. An onslaught lies before you, but you shall stay the course.
4628.35%
Perseverance: Some blows must be evaded. Some blows must be endured. The trick is to tell them apart. - Daresso, the Sword King
206537.33%
Poll closed
That preservance text is the best IMO, but the word trick just does not fit in there. Neither in style nor in semantics. A "trick" describes an act of deception and in modern language is commonly used to label a clever strategy. In this case the word seems to be used inadequate. Try to figure out what "trick" stands fo in this context (a wise decision, a way not everybody knows, a sign of being superior...) and replace it. Could be like: A champion can tell them apart. Or: You fortify by telling them apart. (to bring that in)

Edit: written on my mobile (please get responsive :)
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.
Last edited by King_of_Limbs on Sep 14, 2016, 4:07:11 AM
This might be asked, but what happens when you have Iron Reflexes, will it still count evasion and you get no bonus, as it is 0 ? Or does it account for only having armour, thus granting damage for all the armour you have?
"
tradzhedy wrote:
This might be asked, but what happens when you have Iron Reflexes, will it still count evasion and you get no bonus, as it is 0 ? Or does it account for only having armour, thus granting damage for all the armour you have?

Exactly, zero damage bonus, the point is to have an arm+eva hybrid.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
King_of_Limbs wrote:
That preservance text is the best IMO, but the word trick just does not fit in there. Neither in style nor in semantics. A "trick" describes an act of deception and in modern language is commonly used to label a clever strategy. In this case the word seems to be used inadequate. Try to figure out what "trick" stands fo in this context (a wise decision, a way not everybody knows, a sign of being superior...) and replace it. Could be like: A champion can tell them apart. Or: You fortify by telling them apart. (to bring that in)

Edit: written on my mobile (please get responsive :)

I also dislike that last part, but for a different reason. It's in the wrong tense, it should read "The trick is in telling them apart."
I voted for Perseverance because it has the best text among the choices, but the feeling is that all of the names & texts were chosen based on the belt's implicit modifier, rather than on its explicit. The result is that I don't think that any of these name/texts works well, but now it's too late for this.
/oos
I like the perseverence qoute, but name isn't appealing to me :s

we should've had these votes seperate. still voted for Daresso's Prudance
Why not Belty McBeltface?
Perseverance!
Free Master Crafting Service (Breach): thread/1797112
Free Master Crafting Service (Essence): thread/1744527
Free Master Crafting Service (Legacy): thread/1857272
Free Master Crafting Service (Harbinger): thread/1952418
kings subjugation

all others are too mainstream imo
ey
"
Crimmson wrote:
Why not Belty McBeltface?

XD
made my day!
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info