[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
SupaPoeTime wrote:
With the upcoming changes to the dagger implicits. 80% dropping down to 50%. Do you think that this will break the inquisitor build? Losing 60% crit that's nasty. Would it be more viable to now go elementist? Or chieftain?

implic in dagger is a global crit chance so u only lose a few % total crit chance
i think that is a very small loss
ing: Sehemyr
Hi,

first, i m a complet neophyte in this game, i got around 100h of playtime over the last 3 years ...

I m very interested in this build to start in legacy league and of course i ll stay tuned for 2.6 changes ;)

So i was wondering, as league starter, is this build really efficient or does it depends too much on items ?
I think i ll go for a life based build (since i ve read that s it s cheaper than CI) but i m really concern about ascendancy ... What should i pick best as noob league starter ? Inqui / hier / or even chieftain i ve seen somewhere ??

Ty guys.
I'm playing this build right now, and I'm enjoying it so much. However, I've started to think that original build lacks survivability, and thought about Pious Path, and ZO, and as it turns out, I wasn't the only one who thought about this.

Thank you blajo for this alternate version, it works so much better! Still trying to complete my gear, I'm at 9,5k ES right now.

What I've spot in your version is that you're not using either Eye of Chayula or Valyrium, the only Stun protection you have lies in your flask. I've decided to take Valyrium instead, just because my reflexes are not good enough to react quick enough to use that flask haha, so I prefer constant defense.

A question though. For more survivability, wouldn't it be worth picking Essence Surge, since we're stacking ES, and some ES regen through ZO? Sure, it's 5 points in current tree, but shouldn't be a big difference, leaving some crit nodes, as flameblast damage is already huge. For these 5 points you get not only 20 INT along the road for additional 4% ES, but most importantly, you get 60% increased ES recharge rate, which is like wearing 2 Beast Fur Shawls simultaneously. And on top of that, we get 15% faster start of ES recharge.

With Essence Surge, your ES regen would be like 2200 on Consecrated ground and like 2600 with enchant active. It's 800 and 1000 ES/s more respectively.
"

A question though. For more survivability, wouldn't it be worth picking Essence Surge, since we're stacking ES, and some ES regen through ZO? Sure, it's 5 points in current tree, but shouldn't be a big difference, leaving some crit nodes, as flameblast damage is already huge. For these 5 points you get not only 20 INT along the road for additional 4% ES, but most importantly, you get 60% increased ES recharge rate, which is like wearing 2 Beast Fur Shawls simultaneously. And on top of that, we get 15% faster start of ES recharge.

With Essence Surge, your ES regen would be like 2200 on Consecrated ground and like 2600 with enchant active. It's 800 and 1000 ES/s more respectively.

ES regen and recharge is not the same thing.

Read the sections about recharge here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Energy_shield

Which has faster clear speed, the Elementalist one or the Inquisitor?
"
adrinatoren wrote:
"

ES regen and recharge is not the same thing.

Read the sections about recharge here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Energy_shield

I am completely aware of the fact, that shield recharge and shield regen are two different things, but I was pretty sure that Increased Recharge Rate affects both of them... Just checked, it doesn't. I was mistaken, as bonus on Beast Fur Shawl does what I've thought Essence Surge does (Energy Shield Recovery Rate, which indeed affects both regen and recharge). Oh well!

@edit
And what about taking Quick Recovery? 3 points for a total of 40% increased mana regen, 0.8% life (so ES for us) regen per second, and 14% increased life (which can be converted to 14% ES by placing Energy From Within jewel in the jewel socket nearby).
Last edited by DevolayS on Feb 26, 2017, 11:48:56 AM
first we have to hope that ggg don't nerf this build since it's one of the fastest leveling builds.
Second i think that hierophant with only normal and cruel lab for +2 totem is th best thing u can pick with templar. When u have reached a good amount of crit/dmg and aoe u can swap to inquisitor
Third i think that elementalist work very well for flameblast build, since it's more focused on proliferation. Thi build it's more focused on crit and dmg.
4th obviusly i'm think of making this build (like blade vortex poison, it's 50%/50%) but we have to wait tuesday or wednseday.

ps: this build is focused on only onew thing, cast speed. U have to pick as much cast as u can pick from tree and items
Last edited by maclarca on Feb 26, 2017, 11:57:58 AM
"
maclarca wrote:

ps: this build is focused on only onew thing, cast speed. U have to pick as much cast as u can pick from tree and items

Perfect jewel for cast speed would be as follows:

Prefixes:
Resonant- 3-5% cast speed while dual wielding;
Pyromantic - 3-5% cast speed with fire skills;

Suffixes:
of Enchanting- 2-4% cast speed
of Zeal - 2-4% cast and attack speed

Totalling in 18% cast speed and 4% attack speed for 2 or 3 points (depending on how many points are needed to get to jewel socket). Mind though, such jewel would be extremely expensive. About 10% cast speed is reasonable on a jewel.

So why not pick nodes in Dark Arts area, which is 6 points for +20% cast speed, +24% attack speed (for Whirling Blades), and another 20 dexterity which would allow us to use higher levels of Faster Attacks?

RaizQT did a nice HC run using something similar to this build SSF.
Might want to check it out, I'm not sure how much the build is different comparing to this one but to get an idea about how to level it and how to gear it I think the video will give a nice impression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP9jQjf8LG0
Okay so we have a bit more information on the AoE changes now, and tbh this is pretty ugly for Flameblast if my understanding is correct. The maths I've done (feel free to double check and correct me) says that we now get the equivalent of 42% radius from ALL AoE sources once 2.6 hits. So that'll be pretty much like having a level 20 Increased AoE gem and no passive clusters at all - a 16% total AoE radius loss. Will post some comparison screenshots later today, but that's a lot more of a nerf than I was expecting.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Feb 26, 2017, 9:44:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info