[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/phuxnguyen2/characters

Carrion Bite, Golden Kris    Doryani's Catalyst, Vaal Sceptre    Corpse Dome, Solaris Circlet    Oblivion Cloak, Vaal Regalia    Voidbringer, Conjurer Gloves    Eagle Span, Two-Toned Boots    Valyrium, Moonstone Ring    Storm Gyre, Diamond Ring    Torment Choker, Citrine Amulet    Miracle Leash, Crystal Belt

this is my gear, what should i change to be better, my resist is maxx 75 but my damage so weak, can't even finish map tier 12 =((
Last edited by phuxnguyen2 on Apr 27, 2017, 12:31:48 AM
My current gear:

-8.1k ES (CI) with lvl19 Discipline
-157% cast speed with Instruments Of Virtue buff

Elemental Proliferation:

6.7k FB tooltip with charges/buffs
Increased Area Of Effect:
8.1k FB tooltip with charges/buffs
Concentrated Effect:
13k FB tooltip with charges/buffs

Totally wrecking about everything I've encountered at this point (up to t11/t12). Solo'd uber lab easily (took 3 attempts, first two times died to unfortunate traps an impatience. Izaro was faceroll easy with Conc.Effect). I typically run with Elemental Proliferation just because of the convenience of the prolif murdering everything, but I can see myself transitioning to Increased AOE in the higher map tiers for the extra damage.

Super pleased with this build! I lucked into a 2ex drop (some unique elemental jewel) pretty early on in the leveling process, which I promptly traded for the 6L chest. I crafted both daggers and the belt, but I was using some 2-3c spell daggers and chain belt before that and was still doing great. I was still super effective even without the nicer pieces, I just had to play a little more carefully.

Thanks for the guide!
What's a good cast speed to shoot for? I'm at 139% now still feels a little clunky.
IGN: The_black_market
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Nice to see the Voidbringers. People were saying they are a newb trap but I've been using them all league and they are fine, just get the low increased mana cost ones.

Yeah, I was using a 65% increased mana cost pair for levels 69 to 85 or so. There was a period where I couldn't cast two totems directly after one another for a bit there. Not gonna lie, it made things more difficult than they needed to be.

The lower cost voidbringers alongside an enlighten gem (only lvl2 atm) that I've been leveling made a pretty significant difference though. Can now cast two totems, an orb and maintain whirling blades as necessary very easily. Every once in a while I'll not have the mana to cast a totem when I want, but probably 95% of the time I can cast more than enough.

Forgot to put it in my gear post, but I'm at 89% crit with my flameblast with power charges and shamans dominion. 375% crit multiplier.
I don't understand why do you take Controlled Destruction ? U can't Crit with, so why take it ?
I'm complete new to POE and i following this build to level 61 but i seem lack resist on merciless now, can anyone give me some advice for what i should buy on poe trade for my build , this is my profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/undead4002
@undead4002
You're definitely going to want to get your first two ascendancy perks. Normal+Cruel lab aren't horrible to do, merciless might be challenging.

Can't see your gloves, but a 4 link there will be great. I'd highly reccomend a CWDT (cast when damage taken) setup. Immortal Call is super helpful with dealing with spike damage.

When you are looking at your resists, make sure you're not in your hideout but in an actual merciless zone(since you want to see your resists after the merciless handicap). All the content is basically expecting that your resists are at least 75% for everything.

Flame dash is great, but a primary movement skill is super important. Whirling Blades or shield charge both will proc instruments of virtue. If you're going for life, you're gonna want to hit +max life in your gear. Once you have either shield charge || whirling blades linked to fortify support you'll take 20% reduced damage. Pair that with instruments of justice and you're looking at 20% increased attack speed (faster whirling blade+shield charge) and +30% cast speed (which also affects your totems)

For your flasks, definitely get something that will help you with bleed. That is stupidly important for lab runs, also a basalt is useful.

Lightning Golem is better than flame golem for us inquisitors. We want that crit.

Orb of Storm / Power charge on Critical / Curse On Hit / Temporal chains is pretty important. The Orb of Storm + Power charge on Critical helps generate a shit ton of power charges (which increases your crit chance by 50% each charge, which means your flameblast totems will also start to crit more)

My gear is pretty shitty atm since I just started playing a week ago, but give it a look.

Doryani's Catalyst is pretty affordable. It gives a lot of what we are looking for.

Last edited by Dantage on May 2, 2017, 7:21:06 PM
how come your energy shield is recharging while taking damage?? what am i missing here
@Dantage
Thank you for your help, i really found some weakness in my build and enjoy the game
PS: still noob and waste some orb of chao for some item wrong socket color T_T
Can flame totem be used with the same tree effectively?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info