[Not a Bug] Cospri's Malice Failing to Leech

Am I alone here thinking that it's not right? :)

So your cure is, to have LL gem and Warlord's mark, that is essentially 4% LL (ignoring curses debuff). Has there ever been any build that required 4%LL to work properly in non-reflect map? Additionally, it can be only viable with discharge and you have to abuse CoC + BV to sustain viable charges generation ratio per sec. Lastly, you need to run double course because you need Assasin Mark as well for crit chance, that means you can't run curse immunity maps as well.

Having that said, don't you guys think it's a bad design or implementation? Some may call it "you need to invest more" but I say it's bad design or implementation at its core.
Last edited by ojejku on Sep 20, 2016, 5:41:39 AM
This is still broken :(

unfortunately.
dont know, i got to maps today with cospris ice nova+vortex+LL and coc in chest. something doesnt feel right, sometimes it looks like i take the vortex degen dmg. a bit hard to test since im using aegis too.
I`m Using the Discharge Variant.
But Guess That Double Spells Templar LowLife will do Much Better.
Investment is so Huge to Compensate the old CoC and yet it fails... you aren`t anymore the facetanker u were used to be.
If you're going to test with Discharge, make sure you compare the leech numbers between the same number of charges going off. Its damage is so swingy based on the number of charges that trying to get reliable leech numbers out of it will be difficult. This is especially true for Power Charge Discharge due to how lightning damage has such a huge range.

Someone already mentioned that using a PCoC Blade Vortex setup helped significantly, and that's the behavior one would expect to help since it seems to be a charge and thus damage issue, not an issue with leech or Cospri's Malice itself.

Perhaps someone can test on a Juggernaut with Voll's? The Unrelenting node isn't as strong as it once was, but it should still help to determine if it's something besides the Discharge damage itself causing issues. The fire damage discharge will be more reliable for testing.

Another way to test would be to switch out discharge for something that always has more reliable base damage. Frostbolt is notable as having the highest base damage of any cold skill. Frost Bomb, Cold Snap, and Vortex follow.

Testing against another player might be possible, if they live long enough. You'll have much more information about the player than you usually will about a given monster. A willing test player will also be more manageable.

One more way to test: Use the Frenzy skill to trigger Cospri's. Its internal cooldown should let you get some very steady and reliable Frenzy charge generation before Discharge goes off.
I gave up with the build, i managed to sold my Cospri's Malice before the price of it went to hell, and going to try a build that is actually shaper viable with my scion. If they fix all the issues regarding the use of this weapon (and the CoC + BV abuse for the charge generation to sustain it, what a nonsense), i will probably give it a try again. But i still lost more than 10 ex with this, and i am not rich to be risking this much.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Tomorrowtech wrote:
Seemed to be good yesterday for me and working like it should for the most part, but then, today i joined a party and ran excavation and could not leech from the bosses. especially the rf boss. Berserker here using discharge/ lacerate ee and again.. worked great yesterday.. bosses no problem.. Today, rf drain while discharging with absolutely no leech.
You're taking Damage. That's all you're seeing.
If you're Leeching for 20% Max Life per second but also taking 15% per second from that RF you're tanking up a storm on, there's not a whole lot of replenish left to compensate for any other damage, now is there.

Actually, dual wielding cospris.. wasnt actually "in the rf circle".. discharge/vortex/inc aoe AND Arctic Breath/Frost Bolt/GMP High Crit/ 100 Elem damage/Scold's Bridle CI 9k ES 5 Cold/attack speed/Damage/Aoe Damage jewels/ 7PC 4Frenzy Tons of DPS.. and frankly.. again. when it works.. its fantastic as berserker.. 2 percent leech.. and 100 PERCENT LEECH on a savage hit... Im getting getting slammed by both bosses only blue map.. watching the damage take 30 percent chunks of my pool.. WITH NO LEECH.. Tx

(Also, happenned with Oak in Mesa Map.. same setup, and inconsistent... normally kill oak in 5 seconds with the build.. yesterday.. when no other monsters were near him.. i couldnt leech anything off him at all. Yet the whole screen is white with vortexes and gmp cold spells and consistent discharges all over him. I also find it difficult to believe that any discharge build with good pc generation and volls devotion with EE in cospri.. would not see the leech mechanic at times.. you will always see it.. the damage is not insignificant by any means. I am also vaal pact which makes it even more obvious.)
Last edited by Tomorrowtech on Sep 22, 2016, 12:48:56 PM
"

Someone already mentioned that using a PCoC Blade Vortex setup helped significantly, and that's the behavior one would expect to help since it seems to be a charge and thus damage issue, not an issue with leech or Cospri's Malice itself.

The problem with that solution is that noone can guarantee it's just not the brokenness that is BV leeching through warlord's mark.

It will benefit from the endless crit and crit mult a cospri's build would have after all. And from the area damage nodes everyone has and Retribution, etc.

So I don't know. This is silly. Seeing Berserkers observing no leech is significant. We're talking about 100% leech here. Dismissing 2 and 2.8% (diminissed WL on bosses) as too low damage is fair. But a berserker?
Last edited by Apos91 on Sep 22, 2016, 1:42:26 PM
"
Tomorrowtech wrote:
[..]and 100 PERCENT LEECH on a savage hit...[..]

Worth noting that the Savage Hit mechanic explicitly only works with Life. :/
new patch. nothing fixed =/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info