[Not a Bug] Cospri's Malice Failing to Leech

The QA team has spent a lot of hours thoroughly testing any possible cases of this we can come up with and so far found no problems, including on copies of characters of players from this thread.

There have been cases when there's been very little leech, because monsters have high defences (including endurance charges, etc). Some of the videos posted in this thread and on reddit do in fact show some leech occurring if looked at closely.

Something which is potentially causing some of these reports is that enemies affected by a Remnant of Corruption cannot be life leeched from. This is an intentional part of that effect. This includes both enemies spawned from trapping essences that included a Remnant of Corruption, or any enemies that were broken out of their essences as a result of using a Remnant of Corruption on those essences (which is one of the four outcomes of the Remnant, and includes adding the Remnant's effect to the monster).

There have been no cases where we've so far been able to produce any incorrect result, and the reports we have are contradictory about what conditions are necessary to reproduce it.

I can personally attest to the fact that the code for leech does not ever reference the rarity of the thing being leeched from, or even access the relevant component where that information is be stored.

If there is something wrong here, then it's clearly not a simple case, and we need people to be clear about everything what they're doing when they encounter an unexpected result - not just the things like enemy rarity that they assume are relevant. Ideally, we need a case that can actually be reliably reproduced on a specific enemy or type of enemy. Please continue to provide as much information as you can about any situation where you think something might be wrong with the amount you're leeching.
I've tested this extensively, using characters made specifically to check exact damage/leech values and using multiple characters from accounts posting in this thread to see if there is some odd combo that may cause a problem. So far, everything I have checked is working as expected. It may appear that you should be leeching more than you are, but if you consider as much relevant info as you can the numbers being shown and the expected outcome are very close.

First of all, tooltip damage in this situation is not a good indicator of how much damage you are dealing on average and cannot be used to calculate how much leech you should be getting. There are multiple factors that need to be considered, the main two being that most unique/map boss monsters have higher resists than other monsters, and when you are triggering discharge you are almost never triggering it with your max amount of charges. Looking at most characters in this thread the general setup is Voll's Protector + Voll's Devotion with the Assassin node to generate power charges on non-crit (which is almost not worth mentioning since the chance to crit is so high). This is not enough to sustain a max charge discharge on every trigger, especially against a single target. Looking at this post in particular:

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Mark thanks for checking this issue. However the minimal leech you cite in the videos you guys watched is from the cold portion of the weapon damage. It's infinitesimal when 90%+ of the damage is from CoC spells which are not leeching in many cases.

Take this video with warlords mark running
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AglAdnDElc&feature=youtu.be

It's leeching in the 10s when it should be leeching in the 1000's with 95K full charge discharge damage. If you watch in slow mo I'm about 1/2 charges so 50K Damage x 2% should be near 1000 leeched back. It's no where near 1000 but 10s.

Please check again.

This is for a best case scenario, but using this character against a single unique monster with 0% ele res the average damage per hit is closer to 30k (with ~100 discharge hits). Against a boss with a moderate 30% all res, this brings it down to 21k.

You then need to factor in the curse effectiveness reduction on unique monsters. In most cases it is a 60% reduction (with some specific monsters having a higher value), which immediately reduces the life leech provided by Warlords Mark to 0.8%. Using that value with the 21k from earlier, you get a leech amount of 168 per discharge on average, if the monster had 30% ele res. This more closely matches what is shown in the video. In this situation the leech from the weapon can be effectively ignored, as it ends up being around 4es per hit.

I've watched every gif/video posted in here and checked each character of the players posting most frequently in this thread, and none of them show any obvious brokenness.

If you wish to show any additional videos, please make them longer and show the entire fight. Only showing short snippets like this isn't really useful as it doesn't accurately represent the overall situation.
Last edited by Jason_GGG on Sep 14, 2016, 8:39:10 PM
"
Apos91 wrote:
"
Jason_GGG wrote:
This is not the case for this video however, as you are applying elemental equilibrium to Atziri which is giving her an additional 25% cold and fire resists (due to your discharges always using endurance and power charges on trigger). This brings her resists to 55%, and takes the 30k down to 13.5k, which in turn takes the amount leeched down to 108. This more closely matches what is shown in the video. In this situation the leech from the weapon can be effectively ignored, as it ends up being around 4es per hit.

What? This is totally wrong. First of all power charges do lightning damage, so a discharge would give lightning and fire res, not cold and fire.

Secondly, you forget that in order for the next discharge to happen, a hit has to happen as well. With Cospri's doing cold damage, a discharge will happen with Atziri being weak to lightning and fire and resistant to cold.

Due to the nature of the build and the sequence of events, a discharge should NEVER increase the resistances for the next discharge. That's impossible and it would mean that something is indeed wrong. At least as long as someone has no fire or lightning damage on their rings, which I'm sure Aims_Deep has made sure of.

You are correct! I've updated the post to remove that section.
Last edited by Jason_GGG on Sep 14, 2016, 8:44:43 PM
"
ojejku wrote:
@Jason_GGG thanks for input, however I don't know how come are you guys still refering to warlord's mark curse, for god sake. We're using LL gem, curse debuff has nothing to do, even though this shouldn't be a problem as well because of EE. Have you seen videos with LL gem? Is your statement also that there's nothing wrong with that? How are we supposed to fight against bosses, then? Show me the light, I'm eager to know. Can you reply to all cases people have reported here, not just one thing that didn't even consider EE, beside the fact that any other spell gem also has this issue, so argument of not having enough number of charges is also meh. And for god sake do a comparison and play any other non CoC (melee, selfcast - BV) build with LL gem and show me the same results, I dare you, show me the exact same results as we experiencing here, that LL mechanicsm should be more or less transparent, regardless of build/items.

The situation shown in the video was a recent one that explicitly mentioned using Warlords Mark, which is why I used the Warlords Mark values in the calculations. I checked using your character against Atziri with the Life Leech gem, and the results matched with what is expected. On average, discharge was dealing 12.4k damage per hit and with 2% leech from the gem this gives ~250 ES back per hit, which is what I was seeing in-game. If possible, can you provide a video showing your character in a situation where you believe the leech is too low?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info